The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Awakening [Self][M:L]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/05/2015 2:23 PM

ImageImage
Bejikixen.  Aesthyrarytiss.
Both are in Dragonborn form, and speak Draconic almost exclusively.  Draconic speech will be indicated "like this", and thoughts will be indicated <like this> because I am lazy and don't want to translate everything. 8U
This story creates an AU of my own universe from Into the Dragon's Keep.

They had been tailing Thurkearmaekrix.  He'd taken Athearverthicha--Aesthyrarytiss' sister--and had flown off towards his lair.  Aesthyrarytiss and Bejikixen had followed after him, flying as fast as their wings could carry them.

That was when things had gone a little... weird.

Some strange magic had existed there, both of them could tell.  There was no way to tell if there was a way around the magic, or if it was a barrier, but the two had crashed through it, and into darkness.

<Where... where am I?> was Bejikixen's first thought as he came to.  <Where's Aesthyrarytiss?>

He sat up as he tried to take stock of where he was.  He was in a cave, he could tell that... and beside him, in a crumpled heap, was Aesthyrarytiss.

"Aesthyrarytiss!" he exclaimed.  The golden form stirred slightly, and she sat up, groaning.

"Where... where are we, Bejikixen?" she asked.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

[2][2]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/05/2015 2:35 PM

"I... do not know, my aurix kethend," Bejikixen said hesitantly.  "We... encountered that barrier in the mountains, flying away from the Guild in Isocia... but everything after that is black," he said.

"Something is wrong," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "Where are Zaratoovir, Vignarlitrix, and Ixenvaess?  They were right behind us, heading to Thurkearmaekrix's lair to rescue Athearverthicha..."

Both of the Dragonborns folded their arms as they looked around the cave for clues.  After a few moments, Bejikixen spoke.

"This mountain feels too warm, surprisingly, to be near Isocia," he said.  "I... do not believe that we are in Aleilia anymore, Aesthyrarytiss."

"I fear that you are right, my charir miirik," Aesthyrarytiss said, frowning as she moved to step outside.

Aurix kethend - gold gem; used by Bejikixen as a term of endearment for Aesthyrarytiss
Charir miirik - red song; used by Aesthyrarytiss as a term of endearment for Bejikixen

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[3][3]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/05/2015 2:56 PM

Bejikixen followed Aesthyrarytiss warily, their plate armor clanging as they moved.  Their steps were hesitant, and rightly so; as they stepped out into the sunlight, they were met with a sight that only confirmed their fear.

"This... this is not Aleilia," Aesthyrarytiss said haltingly.  "We've... been thrown into another world entirely."

"But what world are we in?" Bejikixen asked, frowning as he folded his arms.  "Wherever we are, this area is temperate.  Maybe it is summertime?" he asked.

"Perhaps," Aesthyrarytiss said as she murmured thoughtfully.  "What can you remember about what we ran into before we woke up here?  It's... all a little fuzzy for me..." she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[4][4]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/05/2015 4:04 PM

"You are right; this is not Aleilia," Bejikixen said in a perplexed voice, the Draconic speech on his tongue almost breaking.  "It... everything from the time we hit the magic barrier is a blur.  You and I crashed into it, and I think might have heard Zaratoovir call out before everything went black..." he said.

"That is about what I remember, then," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "Whatever it was we ran into, it was magical, that much is certain.  Do you think that this was a trap set by Thurkearmaekrix to ensure that we did not reach Athearverthicha?" she asked.

"If it was, then where are Zaratoovir, Vignarlitrix, and Ixenvaess?" Bejikixen asked.  "Removing us from the picture merely removes a Vaecaesindarastrixethe from Thurkearmaekrix's path, but leaves two angered dragons and a Dragonne for him to deal with."

Vaecaesindarastrixethe - dragon-blooded elf

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[5][5]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/06/2015 1:08 PM

"That is true," Aesthyrarytiss murmured thoughtfully.  "Ixenvaess will hunt him down without mercy, and Zaratoovir will be right behind her.  And, naturally, Vignarlitrix will be behind him... but, we are not in Aleilia.  We are in another world, and since we have no way of getting ourselves back... we may as well figure out how to best to adjust."

"You are right, my aurix kethend," Bejikixen said.  "Our first step should be to find out what this world is... but I do not know how well we can do that.  We are in a strange world, we do not know if anyone else speaks Draconic, and for all we know, we can expect similar reactions to when we were in Athesia."

"You're right, of course," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "We still know the common tongue, though.  Perhaps... perhaps if we fly around some, we can figure it out," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[6][6]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/06/2015 3:09 PM

That was where things began to get a little more complicated than either Aesthyrarytiss and Bejikixen had planned on.  As Aesthyrarytiss jumped and began to move her wings, she found herself falling instead of ascending.  This was a cause for panic in the female Dragonborn, and she gave a cry of surprise as Bejikixen sped towards her, his own wings unfurling as he caught her and headed for the nearest ledge.

"By the Platinum Dragon..." Aesthyrarytiss said, clinging to Bejikixen as she shied away from the edge.  "Why don't my wings work?"

"Maybe that is one of the things that is different about this world," Bejikixen said, frowning as he held her head in his hands.  "Either way, we will need to have another way down this mountain... and I think I see a pathway over that way."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[7][7][1]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/06/2015 3:40 PM

"So there is," Aesthyrarytiss said, moving to head towards the pathway.  "It... is going to take some getting used to, walking everywhere again.  I've been so used to flying," she said, and Bejikixen chuckled as he followed after her.

"As had I," Bejikixen said.  "But, we will adjust, seeing as we're kind of stuck out here," he said as they started walking down the path.  Their armor clanked persistently with every step they took, and after several minutes, Aesthyrarytiss held up a hand, causing Bejikixen to come to a stop.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I hear something up ahead.  Might be friendly, might not be--I'm going to check it out.  Wait here," she said, and Bejikixen frowned.

"Be careful," he said, and she laughed as she drew her sword.

"Why do you think I have this?" she asked before she turned around, stalking towards the bend in the path and vanishing.  After a few moments, Bejikixen heard a shout.

"H-hey!" the voice cried, and Bejikixen rounded the corner to see Aesthyrarytiss drop her sword.

"M-master Th--that is, Edarrasvim?" she asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[8][8][2]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/06/2015 3:52 PM

"You know him, Aesthyrarytiss?" Bejikixen asked, his hand resting on the hilt of his blade.

"Back when I was in Irilia, training as a knight in the Guild... I served as his squire for quite some time," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "He was the one who encouraged me to undergo the Rite, and he was there when Athearverthicha and I made our way to the Aurixmolik.  Edarrasvim, do you know where we are?" she asked, turning to the other Dragonborn.

"I wish I did, child," Edarrasvim said, frowning as he shook his head.  "All I know of it is that I have suddenly lost my golden scales and have ones that appear more like those of a green dragon, but I have retained my power of flight.  I... never thought that I would see anyone from Aleilia again."

"How long have you been here?" Aesthyrarytiss asked.

"Long enough to know that this language is not common around here," Edarrasvim said.

"Have you met any others like us here?" Bejikixen asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[9][9][3]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/06/2015 4:36 PM

"No, fellow ux Bahamuti," Edarrasvim said.  "We seem to be the only ones so far that I have encountered."

"That is unfortunate," Aesthyrarytiss said, frowning as she tapped her chin.  "I'm going to venture a guess that if we show up in a nearby town in our plate mail, it's going to draw some measure of attention to us," she said, her face contorting into one of disdain.

"I'm afraid so, child," Edarrasvim said, his look sympathetic as he shifted slightly.  "From what I have seen of this place already, we are not only in a different world, but in a different time, as well.  Also, our kind are few and far between.  More often than not, I have seen large dragon-like beasts, or wolves with multiple tails and strange blades in their backs, or... well, any number of things."

"Damn," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "I rather like my armor... and the only other thing I have is my tunic and pants that I have on underneath my armor," she said.  Bejikixen's face soured as well.

"That could be problematic," Bejikixen said.  "What is the normal garb that these people in this world wear?"

ux Bahamuti - Dragonborn

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[10][10][4]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/08/2015 12:40 PM

"Well, charir ux Bahamuti," Edarrasvim said.  "That honestly depends on the preferences of the person you are referring to.  I have seen women in both men's clothing and in dresses, and I have seen men in a great many varieties of clothing."

"I hate dresses," Aesthyrarytiss said with a slight hiss.  "At least there will not be any who look at me strangely if I wear a tunic and simple pants--right, Edarrasvim?" she asked hesitantly.

"Perhaps this can work to some advantage of ours," Bejikixen said.  "But, where will we even stay?  I do not think that getting back up to the cave where we were is really an option now, my aurix kethend."

As the term of endearment left Bejikixen's mouth, Edarrasvim turned back to look at them with a small measure of scrutiny.

Charir - red

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[11][11][5]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/08/2015 12:53 PM

"'Aurix kethend'?" he echoed.  "What sort of a relationship have the two of you cultivated, that should have caused some measure of tarnishing in both of you?" he asked.

"Master Thamior," Aesthyrarytiss said, growling out the elven name as opposed to his Dragonborn name.  "Bejikixen and I have fought through various things together, including a city of Drow.  We know each other's fighting styles intimately, and if we were as we once were, then we would likely have bonded in that fashion by now."

"It is nothing more innocent than that, elghasek," Bejikixen said.  Aesthyrarytiss and I both understand that our devotion to Bahamut must come first and foremost--and he knows that we are working towards that."

"How can you know that for certain, child?" Edarrasvim said, turning his attention to Aesthyrarytiss.

Elghasek - ranger

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[12][12][6]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/08/2015 12:59 PM

"Because," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "As we were fleeing from a chromatic dragon in the mountains of Aleilia, we met him."

"You--" Edarrasvim sputtered slightly, gasping as he shook his head.  "It... it wasn't just an aspect of Bahamut?  You have laid eyes on the Platinum Dragon himself?"

"As we live and breathe, Edarrasvim," Bejikixen said.  "We stood in the presence of the father of dragons, and he gave us his blessing."

"But it means nothing now," Aesthyrarytiss said, a note of bitterness in her voice.  "We are stranded in this strange new world, and given that we are the only Dragonborns, I'm certain that none of the beings here worship Bahamut.  With no way back... we must adjust, starting with a place for us to find shelter."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate