The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Learning About this New World [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 12:50 PM

For those reading: "text that appears like this" indicates that the characters are speaking in Draconic, while <text that appears like this> indicates that the characters are thinking in Draconic.  "Text like this" and text like this indicates that the characters are speaking or thinking in the common language.

ImageImageImage

Bejikixen.  Aesthyrarytiss.  Itmenternocki.

"Honestly, how can the two of you even live like this?" Itmenternocki said, shaking her head as she examined the house of her other two Dragonborn friends.  "I can't believe this!  What have you two even been eating?  Never mind that--what about Vorrasvim and Fewihl?"

"Well, you see, Itmenternocki--" Bejikixen began to say, but the Prismatic Dragonborn shook her head.

"Enough of this!  We're going shopping.  Sjachitrnoq and Edarrasvim can watch your children while we take care of this," she said, grabbing the hands of the two Dragonborns.

"Th-this really isn't necessary, Itmenternocki..."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Learning About this New World [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 1:53 PM

"Yes, it is necessary, you two," Itmenternocki said, dragging the other two behind her.  "You two aren't exactly adjusting to this new world, and I haven't once seen you leave to go grocery shopping.  Honestly, you two can't expect to hunt and find food in an area like this--and it's about time somebody taught you more about this world."

"W-we're honestly fine, Itmenternocki--" Aesthyrarytiss protested.

"I'll not hear a word of it, Aesthyrarytiss ux Maekrix tibur Eärwen Lissësúl," the Prismatic Dragonborn said.  "Besides, I've heard that there's an open-air market in the village nearby.  It will be a new experience for both of you.  I've been to one before, and it's quite an experience!" she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 2:14 PM

"An open-air market?" Bejikixen echoed.  "They had those back in Lericia, and in Athesia.  They were everywhere--so, this will be a good venture for us, Aesthyrarytiss," he said.

"Now that you mention it, Athearverthicha and I would often visit Irilia's market.  More often than not, the people there would just give us things--because we were the daughters of the village elder.  I did not care much for that line of thinking--I was just as much of a person as any of the other people who had to pay for their goods," she said.

"The markets here aren't like the markets of Aleilia, you two," Itmenternocki said.  "There's not much bartering, and they use these Keystones as their currency--not the gold that we're used to.  And..." she said, turning to look back at the two.

"Let me guess," Aesthyrarytiss sighed.  "No Draconic speech when we're there?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 2:27 PM

"Exactly," Itmenternocki said.  "Most people here don't even know what language this is, so you'd likely just get some odd stares if you started talking in Draconic.  I know the two of you still know how to speak the common tongue--after all, you did that day that you two went on your date that you never told me about, Aesthyrarytiss," she said in an accusatory tone.

"Th-that's because I was still processing everything that had happened!" Aesthyrarytiss said quickly, pulling her hand away from the Prismatic Dragonborn.  "My closest friend, second only to my sister, had asked for my hand in marriage--in the traditional Aleilian way--and shortly after that, we discovered that I was with child."

"Are we almost there?" Bejikixen asked.  The Prismatic Dragonborn nodded as she pointed ahead of them.

"It's right down there," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 2:41 PM

Both Bejikixen and Aesthyrarytiss looked ahead of them to see the path slope down, and then, they saw the canvas of the tents that were set out for the various vendors with their goods.  Aesthyrarytiss' eyes widened and glimmered at the sight, and Bejikixen folded his arms and nodded in an impressed manner.

"It's good to see something akin to what we were used to seeing in Aleilia here in this world of Evelon," he said.  "Even if it means that we have to speak in the manner that we used to speak in before we became Dragonborn."

"Well, you'd better start speaking it now, then.  We'll be there in about ten minutes."  Both Bejikixen and Aesthyrarytiss looked to each other and sighed, shaking their heads slightly before giving any sort of a response.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 2:50 PM

"I suppose, if you insist..." Aesthyrarytiss said, the words catching slightly in her throat.  The voice sounded gravely and like she hadn't spoken that language in a long time.  After she'd spoken the words, she winced at the sound of them coming from her mouth.

"It's only for a few hours, aurix kethend," Bejikixen said.  He, too, winced at the words that left his mouth, and he shook his head after a few moments.  "Ah, this language still feels funny with this mouth."

"For the two of you, who spent months in Aleilia after your initial transformation, before finding yourselves here," Itmenternocki said, folding her arms.  "It will probably always feel funny to you.  You've both spoken almost nothing but Draconic since the day that you awoke from your Rite of Rebirth, and as I recall, Aesthyrarytiss and Athearverthicha could speak it as naturally as they could speak the common tongue when they were little."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 3:56 PM

"Yes, both my sister and I apparently have dragon's-blood in our veins, which made that language come naturally to us," Aesthyrarytiss said, offering a smile.  "It was hard to speak as an Elf, since the vocal cord structures are different, but... she and I would speak it when we didn't want our mother and father to know what we were talking about."

"So, you and your sister had a code to use, more or less," Itmenternocki said, smiling.  "I bet your parents gave you more than a few stern looks because of that."

"You've no idea," Aesthyrarytiss said with a chuckle.

"I had to teach myself Draconic," Bejikixen said.  "I still make some rudimentary mistakes here and there, but I have Aesthyrarytiss to help me now."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 4:09 PM

"Let's not focus on that right now," Itmenternocki said.  "Right now, the more important thing is to teach you two how to shop for the proper groceries so that you can make sufficient meals for yourselves and your children.  After all, you can't always survive off of what you hunt alone.  What happens if a barren season comes, and the prey is scarce?"

"I suppose you make a valid point, Itmenternocki," Bejikixen said as they approached the first stand.  Sitting in the stand were various types of fruit and vegetables, and both Bejikixen and Aesthyrarytiss could not help but stare at the variety in shock.

"Ah, Ravadove, you've returned," the man behind the stand said, and Itmenternocki smiled as she nodded.

"Yes, that I have," she said.  "I'm here to help my friends here with some grocery shopping."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/01/2015 4:33 PM

"Ah, I see," the man said.  "What is it in particular that you're looking for, then?"

"Your best produce," Itmenternocki said.  "You see, my friends here are used to a very particular way of life, and I want to show them a different side of things."

"Well, then, I can definitely help you there.  Let's see..." the man said, looking over his produce.  "I'll get some together for you, but why don't your friends take a look around some of the other stalls?  I'm sure that they'll find something that they like there."

"I'm sure that they will too," Itmenternocki said, smiling as she turned to Bejikixen and Aesthyrarytiss.  "Why don't you two go ahead?  I'll catch up to you once I'm done here.  You should both have enough Keystones for whatever you need, right?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/05/2015 4:54 PM

"We should have enough money to buy some things, yes," Aesthyrarytiss said, although she did not look right at the Prismatic Dragonborn.  Her eyes had drifted off to one of the several stalls that had been set up around there; a stall that was specifically selling various types of meats.  Bejikixen had noticed this stall as well, and followed after Aesthyrarytiss, taking her clawed hand into his.

"Well, at least we'll get a few minutes away from her," Bejikixen whispered in a low voice to her, speaking in Draconic.  Aesthyrarytiss could not help but laugh.

"Yes, but it will not last too long," she said, approaching the meat stall.  The woman behind the counter offered a smile.

"How can I help the two of you?  Looking to try some of our finest meats?" she asked, and both Bejikixen and Aesthyrarytiss nodded as they inhaled deeply.  The various scents of the meats drifted to their noses, and their mouths were both watering.

"What's the best kind of meat you have for sale, ma'am?" Aesthyrarytiss asked.  The woman beamed brightly.

"Well, that would be our Gyrophant meat, ma'am," she said.  "Brought down early this morning by the best hunting Sahounds on this side of the Tuun Mountains!  This meat makes some of the best steaks, burgers, and many other meat-based dishes."

"That sounds delicious--and expensive," Bejikixen said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/05/2015 5:22 PM

The woman offered a smile and a shrug as she said, "It costs about seven Keystones a pound, and I have one slab that's easily five pounds."  Both Aesthyrarytiss and Bejikixen looked at each other, their eyes widening.

"That much meat could last our family close to a week, if we rationed it out properly!" Bejikixen exclaimed.

"A week?  I'm sure that I could make five pounds of meat last us at least two weeks, if how Itmenternocki is talking is any indication," Aesthyrarytiss said.  "And besides, remember that we do have two children that are growing--and eating more and more every day."

"So, would you like the five pounds of Gyrophant meat, then?" the woman asked.

"Yes, please!" Aesthyrarytiss exclaimed, counting out the keystones that she would need to pay.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate