The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

"Alive or Dead" Is Inaccurate... [P-Lilith&I][M:E]

Postby Saahs » 08/19/2015 2:04 AM

It hadn't been hard to track down the hostage. Just like it wasn't hard now to follow the trail of the agent on their way to rescue them. A member of a glorified vigilante group, people were saying. The hostage was only beneficial to the fanatic organisation in two settings - alive and in their custody, or dead. The directions were simple in theory, terminate the agent and retrieve the captive. But their target was either horribly underestimating anyone who might try to follow them, or that was precisely what they wanted. That had been the reasoning behind bringing the "asset" along with them, in case it was a trap.

That was where the asset came into play. The masked man sat unmoving in the stealth carrier, armed head to toe and without a single thought concerning the conversation around him. If the information fed to him didn't assist in preparing for the mission to come, it didn't even get in one ear to go out the other.

"Target located, prepare for landing--"

"Don't land it here."

The footman turned to stare the Soldier down. Licking his lips uneasily, he relented. "Alright, everyone get your chutes ready."

Once the three henchmen and the Soldier were out of the carrier, the craft turned to land well out of sight. The Winter Soldier didn't wait for his comrades to land before hunting down the opposing agent's trail.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: "Alive or Dead" Is Inaccurate... [P-Lilith&I][M:E]

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 10/15/2017 10:59 PM

He knew they were coming. That had been obvious for awhile now. He could have tried to outrun his pursuers, but they had resources and technology that he did not have access to. And by no means could they afford to let this fanatical organization get their hands on the hostage he was trying to rescue. They were too dangerous; there was far too much at stake.

A part of him vaguely wondered if this fanatical organization knew exactly who or what they were chasing.

And so here Vensemont Greyvalle was, carving well-placed, well-hidden runes and symbols into the dirt. These traps would at least slow down those who hunted him. With one last quick motion, he had finished and began to run once more.

He had to reach the prisoner first.

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 738
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/23/2017 3:09 AM

There was no regard to whether his comrades were following behind him or not. It didn't matter to the Soldier if they had even landed in the right place. Even if they would be beneficial to killing the agent, he was more than capable of pulling that off on his own. But as he stalked through the trees and boulders that littered the mountain range, he could sense the presence of the other henchman behind him.

Not that that lasted for very long, as they all three managed to get ahead of him-- and trigger a number of magical traps. The trio were, for all intents and purposes, incapacitated. So the Soldier moved on ahead of them, his eyes now following the ground to look for any signs of more traps, and his ears trained on the distance ahead of him.

He would find this agent. And they would not survive the encounter.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 12/07/2017 3:14 AM

Vensemont ducked under branches and skirted past bushes and ferns as he continued to run, only diverting his path when absolutely necessary. His booted footfalls were quiet, though the plants he was rushing past would certainly make audible noise. He was attempting to be as quiet about it as possible, but there was only so much he could do to dampen it as he ran.

The muffled sound of surprised cries behind him told him his traps had worked. Good. The corners of his lips quirked upward as he continued. That took care of some of them. Hopefully all but one. But no matter, there were still a few more traps lying in wait, ones that he had carved into the dirt before his pursuers had arrived. And if those didn't work? He had other things up his sleeve.

Speaking of which, Vensemont stopped between a couple of trees after a few hundred feet of sprinting. He knelt by one, placing a hand against the bark near the bottom of the trunk and began to mutter softly. An incantation. A rune flared softly before dimming down to almost nothing as he finished and he did the same on the other side. It was a magical tripwire of sorts. Satisfied, the agent continued forward.

Time to see just what kind of cat was after him.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/04/2018 9:29 AM

The Soldier came to a gradual stop when he heard the agent up ahead, his ears straining to pick up on their quiet murmurings. Despite not being able to understand the words, it spelled out one thing to the Soldier: more traps. He looked up to find just where his target was, eyeing him from a far off distance between the trees as he continued forward.

Holstering his gun across his back, he pulled his weight up a tree. Finding his proper perch in the branches, he quietly drew his weapon once more, and took aim at where the agent had once been standing between the two trees. The shot he fired off was muffled, but there was no doubt that it would be noticed nonetheless as it triggered the magic tripwire. Only the faint glow of the rune peeking through the underbrush from afar alerted the Soldier to his plan working.

From there, he leapt from his perch, rolling across the ground and making his way once more in the direction his target had gone. Stepping past the still triggered wire now that he knew where to avoid going--

Magic can be triggered in all manner of ways.

The magic wire branched out from between the two trees, snagging the Soldier's right foot and holding him there. He paused to prevent himself from causing a ruckus by falling over. His superiors had only somewhat prepared him for a magical encounter. All he had on him to counter spells and the like was a magic dampening knife. Brandishing that, he knelt down and started working away at the glowing tripwire. The process was going to take a moment, but he could still hear the agent in the distance. That was all he'd need to keep up.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 12/30/2018 4:32 PM

Even as he ran, there was a small, instinctual flinch at the firearm going off. Depending on the weapon, shooting him would have little effect on Vensemont but that didn't stop the instinctive flinch caused by a loud noise going off.

He did not stop, but Vensemont chanced a glance over his shoulder to see what his pursuer had done. The soft, distant glowing of one of the runes he had laid down told him that the tripwire had been partially set off by the bullet whizzing past. Luckily, that was not the only way for that particular trap to be set off.

He was impressed, though, by his hunter's cunning and foresight. Whoever that horrendous organization had sent in, they knew what they were doing. No, apparently they deemed him enough of a nuisance to send in the big guns. Or maybe they just valued this hostage that much.

All the more reason for him to get to the poor soul first.

Vensemont smiled as he sensed the secondary rune trigger. It may not stop the assassin but it would certainly slow him down. He did not look back, however. Instead, he ran. He had to put as much distance between himself and this assassin as possible. He had to get there in time.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate