The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: The Curse of Ribbed Blade

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 10:23 PM

Henry squinted his eyes in concentration, "oh I knew I recognized your voice. Last month you did a seminar at the college on the neolithic revolution. Dr. René..."

"Belloq. Yes and you must be Dr. Cruz right?" he asked without out looking up from the blade.
"Yes professor of rare antiquities," he further informed.

Belloq nodded, "yes of course. I really did like you but sadly you've walked into the wrong area. Maybe you should have kept to sticking your nose in books instead of venturing out of the library."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 10:33 PM

Rhys was getting a bad feeling in stomach by the way the men were slowly inching their way close. All on the edge, one wrong move on their part and they would be dead in an instant. Before anything else could be said a general of man walked in and took a glance at them, "who are they?"

"Intruders that have brought us a lovely gift," Belloq pushed the blades case around to show to the general.

Henry growled, "if it isn't back in its resting spot then it belongs in a museum where it can be studied."

The general glared at them in annoyance. Swishing his hand at the men, "kill them. We have no need for them anymore."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 10:41 PM

Rhys eyes opened wide at the word kill. How did everything go so south so fast? Searching for a solution he grabbed the ribbed blade from its case as slashed it around making everyone back up. Henry looked at him dumbfounded, "Rhys why? You'll die because of it."

"We would be dying if I didn't touch it anyways. Plus you know I don't actually believe in that rubbish," he swung it around some more backing slowly out of the tent. Turning quickly he shoved Henry out the tent flap, "run!"
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 10:49 PM

Both taking off in a full sprint they managed to get some distance on the others. It wasn't until gun shot rang out that Henry looked behind him. In horror he saw his friend, his only friend fall to his knees and then crumple to the ground. Rushing back to him he picked his head up, "Rhys! Rhys say something! You'll be fine, you just have to get up."

Blood splurted from Rhys mouth, "Henry don't blame yourself." He had trouble getting the words out, "promise me you'll get out more. Liv-" more blood flowed out with some coughing, "remember to live your life. Go run!"
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 10:55 PM

Henry felt the last bit of life leave his friend as his head slumped into his hands. It was all too sudden for him to process. Turning he saw them catching up. Quickly grabbing his scarf he snatched the blade up. Sucking in a deep breath he stood and continued running. He only ever looked back once to see his friend one more time. His blood dying the snow red. He could hear more fun shots go off but none ever hit him. Racing to his car making sure not fall as he slid on packed down snow. Getting in he sped off and kept going until there was no snow around and the weather was warmer.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Curse of the Ribbed Blade

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 11:05 PM

✖ ✖ ✖
It had been several days since Rhys died but his first real day back at work. The ribbed blade was under the museums protection and was at the moment being researched. It was finally his last period and all day didn't feel right. He felt like he was having an out of body experience. The bell rang notifying that school was out but no one moved to leave all expecting some sort of assignment. Giving them all a once over glance he waved his hand, "go on everyone. You get a free day if anyone needs help I'll be in my office today but not Wednesday or Thursday."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/25/2015 11:12 PM

After collecting his things he traveled to his office down the hall. Once entering he was immediately bombarded by students firing off hundreds of questions. Smiling he put his hands up wading through them and entering his back room that was filled with different antiquities. Sitting down he could see the students piled up by the door. Dropping the act he put his face in his hands and groaned. None of this felt right to him anymore. Taking a deep breath he thought for a while before finding a piece of paper and scribbling his resignation. Opening up one of the windows he climbed out and started to walk to Rhys house.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/28/2015 12:11 AM

Stepping inside he was greeted by an excited dog, reaching down he pet it, "yeah it's good to see you to Indiana." He had planned on taking the dog to the mechanic shop that Rhys had owned. Someone there was bound to want him. Sitting down on the couch the big brown furry dog came and snuggled against him. Scratching behind its ear he thought reminiscing. Where had all that gone wrong, he was just trying to uncover an archeological find. He hadn't know it to be so dangerous.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 01/06/2016 12:51 AM

Belloq might not have been the murderer but he did initiate it. He was a disgrace to the archeological world. “Do you know what Indiana,” he stared into the dogs happy face. “I'm going to do something about. There isn't many who could. Rhys did say to live my life,” he got a determined look on his face, “and that Indiana is exactly what I'll do. He stared at the dog for a long time as it panted and stared back. “ Indiana huh, what a fantastic name.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 01/21/2016 6:29 PM

Walking through the university halls Henry made his way to his old room to collect the last few of his belongings. It had been two weeks and he was ready to start the next chapter of his life. Before opening the door he glanced at the name plate, Dr. Jones. Peering though the door window he spotted a little guy in a sweater vest and glasses. Grinning he stepped inside, "Hi you must be the new archeologist professor here. You can call Indiana," he grinned and stuck out his hand.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous