The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Getting Home [Self/Quest]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:19 PM

Morgana stepped outside the small sub shop and stretched her back. She had just gotten off work and was in need of a nice long nap. She was staying at the nearby motel and working at the sub shop until she had a sufficient amount of money to get her from the mountains back to the vast plains. Putting her arms back down she started off down the street but she didn’t get far before she was almost plowed down by a run-a-way stroller. In the distance from where the stroller had come from she noticed a woman shouting and running after it. Morgana also noticed that she was too far away to catch up to the stroller.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: Getting Home [Self/Quest]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:19 PM

Without thinking twice about it Morgana took off after the stroller that was heading down the sidewalk. Closing the distance between her and the stroller she caught it just in time before it rolled into the busy street. Turning it around she rolled it back to the mother that was now catching up. After waving off the many thank you’s that she received from the woman she started back on up the street to the motel. Maybe she would eat something first she thought. After the run she worked up an appetite. Crossing the street, she walked into the grocery store in search for something to snack on.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:20 PM

Walking down one of the aisles there was a small child in a cart and as the mom bent down to get something Morgana made a funny face at the kid. Sadly, the child did not enjoy her face and started to cry loudly. The mom stood up quickly to see what was wrong and Morgana walked away quickly trying not to make eye contact. The mother glaring at her as she left.  “Mental note to self: don’t try to make kids happy. They think your face is scary,” she mumbled to herself.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:21 PM

“Maybe I want crackers, or brownies…” she trailed off as she racked her eyes over the selection of food in front of her. A loud crash made her jump a little and look farther down the aisle. An older man had dropped a jar of pickles on the ground making it shatter all over the floor. “Oh no,” she walked over to him, “are you okay sir?” she asked.

“Oh I am quite fine but that jar of pickles isn’t,” he laughed.

Morgana smiled, “here let me help you clean that up.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“Oh no need that’s what the pay the employees to do but could you grab me another jar. I can’t seem to reach it very well since there on the top shelve,” he pointed up to the one’s he wanted.

“That I can do,” Morgana reached up and placed the jar in his basket.

Just as she finished that the manager rounded the corner and shook her head disappointedly at the older man, “Mr. Wilson again? Every time this happens when you come in,” she grabbed her radio from her belt. “Clean up on aisle 12, there’s glass,” she placed the radio back on her belt.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Mr. Wilson shook his head, “well by this point it’s all your guys fault. You should know by now to have moved the pickles lower or have somebody waiting here as soon as I come in. Now that would be good customer service.”

Before the manager could comment Morgana cleared her throat, “it was nice meeting you Mr. Wilson.”

“Same to you, young lady,” he nodded his head and smiled as she left the aisle. She chuckled when she rounded the corner and could still hear the old man bickering with the manager.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:22 PM

After finding some triple chocolate fudge brownies in the bakery she checked out and was back on her way to her motel room. Getting to room 213 without any more interruption was relieving. All she had to do was find her room key in her wallet. Digging around a bit she found it and was about to stick it in when she heard a younger lady muttering and wiggling the neighboring door vigorously. Silently sighing she muttered, “here we go again.” Setting her stuff down she walked over to the lady.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:22 PM

“Hi, I don’t mean to be weird or invasive but I saw you having trouble with your door. I had this room the last time I stayed here. I found that there was a technique to getting the door open,” Morgana mentioned politely.

The woman stepped back with her hands up, “I’m willing to try anything at this point.”

Morgana chuckled, “yeah I know how you feel. Can I see the card?”

The lady handed it over so Morgana could try her trick, “so do you stay here often?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:23 PM

Morgana stuck the card in and started to wiggle it around, “yeah I travel around. Whenever I’m in the area I stay here. It’s cheap and convenient since everything is in walking distance of it.” Pulling up on the handle and door she shoved the card in really hard, “it’s not the greatest place but it’s not the worst I’ve been too so…” she tugged up one more time and it unlocked. “There you go!” Morgana smiled and turned to hand the card back.
“Thank you so much and good luck on your travels,” the lady said before waving and entering her motel room.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/17/2016 9:23 PM

Walking back over to her stuff she entered her room finally and set her things on the small table. The day had been a long one and for once she was happy to be in her room for a bit. She decided she was going to stuff her face with brownie first. Then before she took a nap she would write a letter to Kevlar telling her about all the things she ended up having to do before she got to go home. She knew Kevlar could care less about the little things she wrote about but she still did it so it would help her remember. It was for those things that made traveling around the world worth it.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate