The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Crosswind [Self] [Quest] [L]

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:22 AM

The Rite of Four Winds had always been a special time for the Wayran family. It was what had brought them together, crossing the barriers between differences like the dancing colors that crossed the bright skies.

"Come on, Rune!" Ebony's laugh echoed across the canyon, the light blues of her garments swaying in the breeze the swept through them. Her brother followed close behind, all pale creams and bright greens, and unable to keep a laugh out of his own breath as he tried to catch up.

"I'm tryin' here! You sure move fast when you want to." Despite his shortness of breath, and general shortness of patience, Rune couldn't help being in high spirits today. It was difficult for any dragon not to be, this time of year. The winds billowed through the canyons, catching streamer and chime alike, and with it came a certain sense of kinship that he seldom found any other time of year. It was usual of their family to stay aloof, seldom interacting with those outside of their own, but this time of year was different. Perhaps it was the familial nostalgia - perhaps it was something more. He was never really sure.

[1]

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Crosswind [Self] [Quest] [L]

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:22 AM

The two had come along ahead of the family, Ebony eager and raring to go before their mother had even managed to rouse Lumi from her sleep. It had taken a little bit of begging, both to Curios and Rune, admittedly, before Ebony had managed to convince them to let her go ahead. Truth be told, they were all just eager to see her so happy. It had been hard for her, lately. To see her with such joy in her heart was something neither of them could bear to turn away.

Despite all her brother's worries, however, Ebony's spirits could not be dampened today. It was the second day of the Rite, and their family had spent the entirety of the first day traveling to the festival grounds. Oh, sure, their own tiny little village had one - but it wasn't near as big nor as impressive, not to mention the sentimental value of this very place for them. Ebony was pretty sure her mother told the story of meeting Damien five or six times every year during the Rite, and it was always a little bit different. Their father had resorted to merely sighing and shaking his head.

She wouldn't have it any other way.

[2]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:23 AM

The two quickly found themselves among the cliffside stalls, all sorts of folk selling their craft and creation during this time. Ribbons and chimes adorned everything, and many shops were chock full of the same for sale. Some of the twins' favorite possessions had come from this Rite. You could always find things here that you'd never find anywhere else.

"Oh, man," Rune's voice suddenly caught with something, and Ebony turned to him with a questioning headtilt. "Sorry. There's a stall over there a ways, just full of books, and I don't even recognize most of them! At least, from over here, heh." Ebony couldn't help rolling her eye at that. Even when they were little kids, Runeric had always been all over any books he could get, especially those about folklore and the Gods. She jerked her head in the supposed direction of the stall, laughing quietly to herself.

[3]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:24 AM

"Go on," she told him. "I'll just wait here."

"Are you sure?" She could hear the excitement in his voice. It was sweet, how he always needed to double check with her - a little annoying, but sweet nonetheless. "Because I don't mind-"

"Go, you big nerd!"

"Thank yooouuu, I love you, I'll be right back, etcetera etcetera," he practically sang as he leaned over and gave her a kiss on the head before running off. Ebony couldn't help but laugh a little more. That was her brother, all right. He was an odd one, but she sure did love him.

She leaned forward on the old wooden railing, taking in everything around her. The Rite was always rich with sounds and smells, perfect even for someone no longer able to see the colors strung about the festival grounds. Wind chimes of all types were hung wherever room could be afforded, and the smells of incense and food stalls alike intermixed in the most unique and pleasing ways. She could stand here forever and enjoy it, if given the chance.

[4]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:25 AM

"Hey there." Though she'd been so focused on taking in the wonder around her, Ebony somehow hadn't realized that she'd been approached. She turned, startled, to face the voice. It was higher, smooth and feminine, and all together too close. She fought the urge to scurry backwards, her dry throat catching as she swallowed.

"O-oh, uhm.. hi." It wasn't much of a greeting. It was apparently enough, however, as the newcomer latched onto it with a pleasant hum.

"Haven't seen you around before. Just in town for the Rite, I take it?" Words failing her again, Ebony nodded in response. "Cool, cool. You can call me Sharra. You?" It took her a moment to find her voice, and it was startlingly small when she did.

[5]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:26 AM

"Ebonyria.. Ebony's fine." Her hands twisted together nervously, and she could feel herself shrinking back without trying to. New people were always a bit of a challenge. She didn't meet too many new folk, outside of the Rite, and to have one catch her without her brother set her even more off-guard. There was another shift of movement, and Ebony jumped slightly.

"Not one for handshakes, I take it?"  Handshake? Oh. Ohhh, no, shoot.

"OH. I'm - sorry, I couldn't, uhm.." Oh hells, how did you explain this to someone without sounding pathetic? Maybe there wasn't a way. Ohh. "I can't. See. I'm sorry." She gestured vaguely at her face, trying to communicate her meaning. Something about it must have worked, because there was a sharp inhale from the other girl.

[6]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:27 AM

"Oh, shit! No way, I'm sorry. I didn't even notice." The statement left her a little baffled, but also flattered. She usually found herself pretty obvious, with her unfocused gaze and her blindstick at her side. It was nice, for that to not be the first thing someone notice about her. If only it hadn't gone so awkwardly, of course. "So uh, Ebonyria, huh? That's a nice name. Pretty. Got a good ring to it."

"Thank you." Sharra was obviously trying to help smooth things over, but Ebony didn't really need it to be. It was an innocent mistake after all.. but she didn't know how to say that. Even if she did, she doubted she'd have the courage to say much more. After a moment of quiet, there was a soft chuckle from beside her.

[7]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:27 AM

"Ah, hells. I'm just striking out, aren't I?" The chuckle continued, even as Ebony tilted her head in confusion. "I'm sorry. I'm kind of shit at the whole flirting thing. I'll leave you to yourself, yeah?" Wait - flirting? Is that what she'd been doing? Ebony immediately felt the heat rush to her cheeks, hands moving slowly to clutch at her chest. "Thanks for the chat. It really was nice."

"Whuh," Ebony could only manage a single syllable at first, her brain a little scrambled as she tried to sort things out. "W-wait!" The movement of clothing ceased, pausing with their owner's movement. She swallowed again, as if it would somehow help keep the words from sticking in her throat. "I'm uhm, uh.." She tried again. "I-I didn't know, that you were... flirting..." Her hands closed tighter around each other, the heat of her face almost burning as her voice got quieter with each word. "No one's ever, uhm.. done that.. before. T-to me. I. I mean."

[8]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:31 AM

"What, really?" Sharra sounded in complete disbelief. Ebony couldn't understand why. "Well, shit, honey! That's no good. Someone like you oughta have people lined up to give compliments." She shrunk a little more at that, unused to such attention, and Sharra laughed a little louder. "Alright, maybe not so much your style, yeah?" Her laugh petered off to a chuckle as she spoke again. "Well then, would you settle for little old me?"

"I, uh... what?"

"You, me. Compliments." There was the creak of old wood as the other girl leaned against the same old railing. "Maybe a cup of tea or two.. you know. Getting to know each other. How about it?"

[9]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/21/2016 3:40 AM

"I-I..." Every gear in Ebony's brain had locked up. She wasn't even sure she could process the sudden turn of events - so why was her mouth moving. "Y-yeah. Yeah. Sure."

"Excellent!" Sharra clapped a hand to Ebony's shoulder, making her jump again. "Tell you what, I know the best place for tea, but it's a little crowded this time of day. A little later, maybe - say this afternoon?" Ebony's body moved of its own accord again, nodding her head in response. "Perfect. It's a date." Her hand retreated, a low hum echoing from her throat again. "Looks like your friend's coming back. I'll leave you to it." The sound of cloth and grass swishing seemed to echo more loudly than was possible as Sharra turned to walk away. "Remember! You and me, this afternoon. Tea and compliments. Later!" And with that, she was gone, and Rune had once again returned to his sister's side.

"Hey, Ebs. So, I found this one book on... uh.. you alright?" Ebony was asking herself that same question. What... had just happened.. exactly...?

[10]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..