The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Biting Cold Indeed! [Self] [Training RP][Finished]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:32 PM

Cvetka sniffed deeply, and raised her head towards the sky. There was a nip in the air which signalled winter was coming. Cvetka knew she should lead the pack to warmth and food. She howled loudly to signal them to follow her. As one, they moved off into the night.

[1]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: Biting Cold Indeed! [Self] [Training RP]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:34 PM

Cvetka kept the pace brisk as the pack moved over the snow. The cold weather was already setting in and food had been scarce. They were fast, but they were hungry, and empty stomachs cannot travel far. She sniffed again, and caught the scent of blood. It wasn't fresh, but they were hungry - and desperate.

[2]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:36 PM

Cvetka howled again to announce the change in direction. The pack moved with her, never breaking ranks. She led them over the snowy banks, following her nose. All the time she kept watch for prey and enemies alike. They could not afford to fight in their condition.

[3]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:38 PM

It was cold, and dark, but Cvetka's eyesight was good and her sense of smell was true. She led them through the cold and snow to the carcass of a deer. It had died several days ago, but meat was meat. The pack rushed forward, but a sharp bark set them steady. It was on the ice, and they could not risk the whole pack to get it.

[4]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:40 PM

Carefully Cvetka led the first group towards the deer. It was trapped in the ice by the legs, which was how it had died. She smelled her way, pausing when she heard movement below her. They would have to take turns to grab mouthfuls, one small group at a time. She would lead them both ways, not trusting the treacherous ice beneath to hold them.

[5]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:42 PM

Once the pack had eaten, Cvetka howled to move them on. It was too cold to stay here by the frozen deer. They had to find shelter in which to rest. They ran once more over the snow with Cvetka in the lead. The trees began to thicken, and soon they were running through a snowy forest.

[6]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:43 PM

Cvetka pushed them to keep going through the cold and the dark. She knew they were tired and sore. They had been running for days with little rest. They were doing what they had to in order to survive. This place was harsh and they had already lost some to the weather.

[7]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:45 PM

Cvetka spotted a small hole in a rocky wall in front of them. She barked to make the pack stop with her. Carefully she led the way into the cave. The entrance was filled with snow but the cave was deep. They would rest here for the night and huddle together for warmth.

[8]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:47 PM

Cvetka sniffed the whole cave before she settled. It smelled of another pack, long gone, and snow. There were a few small holes that smelt like small mammals. Cvetka chose to lie close to one so that if it ventured out she could catch it. Small mammals fed small mouths, and they had some to feed.

[9]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:49 PM

Cvetka growled softly as the wind whistled past the cave entrance. She could hear the pup whimpering beside her. She moved closer to quiet it before it cried too much. It had lost it's mother on the way here and was growing thin. She worried at it's fur for a while before it fell asleep.

[10]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:51 PM

Cvetka was relieved the next morning as they had not lost anyone to the cold that night. She barked to signal that they were moving. The pack got up and shook themselves awake. The pups cried out for food but there was none to give them. They needed to leave and follow the herds to warmth.

[11]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:53 PM

Cvetka leaped over the snowdrift ahead of the pack. She was on the trail of a snow cuniflare and did not want to lose it. Where there was one there was more and it would head for it's burrow. She hoped they would be able to dig the cuniflare out easily. A warren of cuniflare would feed them enough to keep them going.

[12]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:54 PM

The cuniflare darted under the snow and Cvetka pounced where it had been. She began to dig with hope in her heart and drool in her mouth. She could smell more than one cuniflare here. She could feel warmth beneath her paws. The burrow must have been close to the surface.

[13]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:56 PM

The pack soon joined her and they dug together. Some were victorious and opened chambers which held cuniflare young. Some dug up empty tunnels and had to scavenge off the lucky ones. A pup caught an adult cuniflare and presented it to Cvetka. She ate it thankfully, and gave the pup some of her own kill.

[14]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 7:59 PM

The pack was on the move once more. Cvetka sniffed the snow as she ran. She had caught the scent of aries on the wind. She had found droppings and urine in the snow. The herd couldn't be too far ahead of them.

[15]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next