The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: Biting Cold Indeed! [Self] [Training RP]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:06 PM

Cvetka led the pack quickly along the snowy ridge. The pack was lean but strong and ran swiftly. They were catching up to the herd of aries. There was a weak female who was injured. She couldn't keep up with the herd.

[16]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:10 PM

Cvetka gave a happy bark and darted forward. She led the pack to the injured aries. They swarmed on her in moments. The aries tried to get away but couldn't. She cried out in pain and went still.

[17]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:12 PM

The pack ate the aries hungrily. This was their first proper kill in weeks. Cvetka licked the blood off her muzzle. She watched the rest of the herd run away. She resolved to follow them with the pack.

[18]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:13 PM

Cvetka trotted over to the belly of the aries. There was a pup trying to pull off a piece of meat. She bit the meat and tore it off for him. The pup gave a happy yelp. He ate the meat quickly.

[19]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:14 PM

Cvetka licked her muzzle again. The aries was fresh but was already going cold. The pack would eat their fill then move on. Cvetka didn't want to wait too long. Other predators would soon come to claim the carcass.

[20]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:15 PM

The pack moved on seeking shelter for the night. Cvetka kept her ears pricked up for danger. There were howls of lucain between the trees. She urged the pack to run more quickly. They ran between the trees as fast as they could.

[21]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:17 PM

Cvetka led them to a hollow trunk that could fit them all. It smelled of bruma but there were no tracks. The pack decided to take the chance. There was no other shelter nearby. They needed to rest out of the cold.

[22]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:18 PM

Cvetka kept watch into the night. The air was full of the sound of howling. Other packs were hunting but without luck. Something was snarling in the dark. It had found the carcass.

[23]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:19 PM

Cvetka growled quietly to herself. She knew it couldn't hear her from out there. She had known the carcass would attract predators. In the morning she would move the pack on. They would follow the tracks of the aries.

[24]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:21 PM

Cvetka woke the pack early and led them out into the snow. The aries' tracks were long gone. Cvetka pawed at the ground and sniffed looking for a scent trail. She set off into the snow following her nose and eyes. She hoped the snow had slowed the herd down.

[25]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:27 PM

Cvetka kept sniffing the air and growling. Something was ahead of them in the dark. They could not see it but she could smell it. It smelled dangerous and wrong like it didn't belong there. She led the pack off to the west away from it.

[26]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:28 PM

Cvetka could hear the thing running behind them. She quickened their pace and pushed the pack harder. One of the older females fell. She yelped as her leg broke on a rock. The pack could not slow down to help her.

[27]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:30 PM

Cvetka howled as the pack ran forward. Her sensitive ears could hear the injured female howling for help. She heard when the female tried to fight the thing that was chasing them. She heard it's loud snarl as it attacked the female. She heard the noises it made as it won.

[28]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:31 PM

On and on the pack ran through the night. Cvetka did not want to rest until they were as far away as possible. They had given up on hunting the aries herd down. The thing had pushed them too far off the trail. They would need to find another source of food.

[29]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:32 PM

Cvetka howled mournfully the next morning. They had lost a pup overnight. They could not afford to waste the meat. They ate it sorrowfully, grateful for the nourishment. The pack would need to find more food soon.

[30]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext