The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: Biting Cold Indeed! [Self] [Training RP]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:33 PM

Cvetka sniffed the air and barked in excitement. She could smell a herd of tuskow moving across the snowy mountainside ahead. There were humans with it, but only a few. The pack was desperate for food. They would need to take the risk.

[31]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:35 PM

Cvetka led them towards the tuskow. The pack slowed down as she began to stalk the stragglers. One of the humans saw the hungry pack. They called out, and the herd was suddenly moving quickly. The pack began to give chase down the mountainside.

[32]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:37 PM

One of the stragglers slipped and plunged down the side of the mountain. Its leg snapped loudly and it cried out in pain and terror. A human followed it down on a horse. The horse landed on a sharp rock and cut it's belly open. Cvetka smelled the blood in the air and her stomach rumbled hungrily.

[33]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:40 PM

Cvetka growled as the human gave a loud shout. Another human came to help it. The second human pulled the first onto his horse. They galloped away leaving the injured animals behind. The pack had been exceptionally lucky.

[34]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:41 PM

Cvetka pounced on the neck of the tuskow. A sharp bite and the creature breathed no more. The pack began to tear into it hungrily. The horse was whinnying in panic and trying to stand. The pack stayed away until it was too weak to move.

[35]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:42 PM

Cvetka spotted a small cave over on the side. She barked at the pack to move towards it. They sniffed all around it before entering. It was completely empty but smelled of the humans. They must have been using it for shelter.

[36]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:43 PM

Cvetka maked the cave with her scent. The pack would stay here to rest. They dragged the carcasses inside with them. The entrance was too small for a bruma to get through. The pack would be safe here for a while.

[37]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:45 PM

Cvetka slept this time and let another take watch. She was tired after running for so long. She was tough but this mountain was tough as well. This winter was not kind, and the cold was painful. The pack had been lucky to survive this long.

[38]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:46 PM

Cvetka licked the blood off of her muzzle. A pup wandered over to her and began to clean her face. The pack enjoyed grooming one another. It was a comfort as well as a health measure. She settled down and enjoyed the contact.

[39]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:48 PM

Cvetka was pleased at how the past few days had gone. They had been safe and eaten well. It was time to move on now, before the humans came back. She urged the pack on towards the south. It should be warmer there.

[40]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:50 PM

Cvetka shook the snow off her ears and ran forward. This time the pack was running for the sake of moving quickly. There was no danger to run from. They wanted to get to the south as fast as possible. They ran through the night and into the next afternoon.

[41]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 8:51 PM

Cvetka sniffed the air cautiously. She could smell that it had changed. They had moved off the mountainside and into the valley. She began to smell humans and houses. She growled at the pack to warn them.

[42]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/22/2016 7:05 AM

Cvekta stayed alert as they were moving. All around them were new smells and noises. They heard horses whinnying in paddocks. They heard farm vehicles moving around. They heard humans shouting at something.

[43]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/22/2016 7:07 AM

Cvetka growled and led the pack around a barn. Inside of it she could smell roosken. She heard their squawking cries. She saw the open barn door. The pack behind her began to sniff the air.

[44]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/22/2016 9:30 AM

As one they moved forward into the barn. Cvetka led the charge forward with a howl. The roosken ran around in panicked circles. They could not escape the pack. The pack made sure that the door was blocked.

[45]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext