The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Cloudspotting [self]

Postby crow » 03/21/2017 2:02 PM

ImageImage

"Look, I know I lost the game, but did you really have to pick something so... punishing?"

Jae paused mid-stride, turning so he could look back on the path, where Chan-ho was currently leaning against a tree, panting. Jae, for his part, showed no real signs of exertion. He wasn't even breathing hard, damn him. What was with that anyway? It wasn't as if Chan-ho was out of shape.

Jae was apparently having the same thought. "Hyung, it's not even that hard," he said, looking more perplexed than anything. Chan-ho resisted the urge to scowl at him.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: Cloudspotting [self]

Postby crow » 03/21/2017 2:06 PM

It was probably a good thing the cameras weren't on right now. He didn't think he could muster up the energy to put on his usual cheerful face. Well, actually, no, that was probably a lie--- if someone pointed a camera at him right this minute he'd pull himself together, out of habit if nothing else. But it would cost him. And he didn't think he could disguise how exhausted he looked.

Trying a different tack, he said, "This can't really be how you relax, right? You're just doing this because... I put those fake cockroaches in your bed that one time." Upon hearing those words, Jae turned around and kept walking, leaving Chan-ho to scramble after him in dismay.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/21/2017 2:12 PM

"... No? Then, that fan cafe post saying I'm more popular than you. Or the time we played the Pepero Game on Weekly Idol... That's not it, right? You know it was just for the show, right? ... Come on, what is it? Give me something to work with here." Of course, it was hard to pester Jae when he was so out of breath. And it felt like every time he said something, Jae quickened his pace, just to spite him. Those four inches Jae had on him were all in the leg, and the difference was really telling at times like this. "Wait up, would you?"

Jae didn't stop, and this time he didn't even turn back to look at Chan-ho. "If you have the energy to say all that, you can walk faster," said Jae.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/22/2017 2:43 PM

"Cold as ever," said Chan-ho with a mournful expression. "Our chic baby brother... Do your fans know you're this mean?" But, as before, Jae ignored him. He was pretty good at that. Frustratingly good, even. This was probably why they didn't get along.

Of course, it wasn't blatant antagonism, whatever Chan-ho might say otherwise about Jae's specific choice of activity for today. It wasn't, say, like the way Jae was with Young-soo. It was just that they both knew they didn't jive well with one another, so they stayed out of each other's way... unless it was a show, and Chan-ho saw the opportunity for a laugh. Then all bets were off.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/22/2017 3:00 PM

Speaking of the other members, what he wouldn't have given to be going to the arcades with Young-soo right now... Or maybe shopping with TK, or even watching Hyun-jin cook something back at the dorm and pestering him for samples. But then, he supposed he probably wasn't Jae's first pick to spend a day with either. Just their luck that they drew each other.

With nothing left to do, Chan-ho bit back his complaints and just kept trudging on. This trail had to end eventually, right? Besides, much as he hated to admit it, Jae was right about one thing: he didn't really have the breath left to complain anymore.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/24/2017 10:51 AM

By the time they reached the peak, Chan-ho was just about ready for death. The only gratification he had was that even Jae was beginning to look a little breathless and red in the face. Needless to say, Jae reached it first, while Chan-ho brought up the rear a few meters behind. By the time he crested the little plateau, Jae was already there, leaned against a fence on the far side and looking out at the view.

He looked like something out of a photoshoot--- like a sports gear ad, or something. There would be an inspirational message in the corner. 'Get out there. Find yourself.' It was kind of ridiculous. Chan-ho was pretty sure that he, personally, looked like a mess.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/24/2017 10:56 AM

Jae turned slightly, as if just noticing that Chan-ho had arrived, and raised a brow. "You're not going to film?" he said. Chan-ho didn't know whether to laugh or roll his eyes at that.

"What, are you kidding me? Looking like this? I'll ruin my image." He slicked his hair back and examined himself with the selfie cam on his phone, grimacing at what he saw. "I'll go back down a bit after I've had a break, and film myself walking up."

"You can't do that," said Jae. "That's not real variety. Here, give me the camera." He held out his hand like he actually expected Chan-ho to be stupid enough to do just that. Chan-ho did laugh then, and held the camera out as far as he could in the opposite direction.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/24/2017 11:00 AM

"Over my dead body," he declared, to which Jae relented with a shrug. Well. it was Jae. What was he going to do, fight Chan-ho for the camera? It was kind of disappointing sometimes, how easily he relented. Young-soo would have chased him around a bit, at least.

... Except that wasn't what Jae was doing at all. While Chan-ho wasn't looking, he'd brought out his own phone; Chan-ho looked over just in time to hear the fake shutter-snap. "You little shit," he said, almost too incredulous to be angry. When did Jae of all people develop a mischievous streak? "Delete it!" he cried, making a grab for the phone, but Jae just held it up, out of Chan-ho's reach.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/26/2017 7:46 PM

Here, too, Jae's height was telling. Really, what did they feed this kid? Chan-ho wasn't short; he was the typical height for a guy his age, western giants notwithstanding. It was incredibly unfair that fully five of the other members in their group were taller than he was.

"This is blatant disrespect," he declared. As if to add insult to injury, it was at this point that a noise went off, which Chan-ho recognized instantly as the Instagram post notification. He went still, staring at Jae in shock. "You didn't," he said quietly. Jae raised a brow at him in that calm, infuriating way of his. He was smiling. He'd posted it, and he was being completely smug about it right now.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/26/2017 7:50 PM

"Unbelievable," said Chan-ho, flopping back in defeat. There was no way he was going to get rid of the photo now. Some of the more dedicated fans might already have saved it... Okay, maybe not, but he was maybe also too tired to fight. "To think my junior would humiliate me like this... Where did we go wrong?"

"Like you don't do this all the time, hyung," said Jae, which, sadly, was true. But Chan-ho was Chan-ho. Anyone who knew the least bit about him expected that from him. He was completely upfront about the fact that he was an unrepentant prankster, no false advertising or anything. Jae was supposed to be the stoic one who was above all of those antics.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/26/2017 7:58 PM

"That's different," Chan-ho said. "That's my job. I'm the extra one, so I have to be pulling shenanigans. But since when did you start learning my bad habits?" Rather than replying, however, Jae was fiddling with his phone. "I swear, if you're adding a stupid Snow filter, I---"

"No, but thanks for the idea," said Jae. Chan-ho sighed. He was just digging his own grave here, wasn't he? "There are already comments. 'What is this...' 'A tomato in the mountains.' 'Visual god, hahaha.' ... Hyung, don't look so depressed. Some people called you cute too." Chan-ho had quite visibly wilted as Jae read off the litany of comments, and was now slumped against a rock in defeat.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 07/16/2017 7:52 PM

"Okay, you got me," he said, throwing up his hands dramatically. "You've humiliated your hyung once and for all. My image was all I had... Does it make you happy, seeing me like this?" He shot Jae his most baleful, hangdog look. Jae studied him for a moment before one corner of his mouth quirked up.

"Kinda, yeah."

"Gkh... That's cruel," Chan-ho said. He had just about resigned himself to being the butt of today's jokes. He was consoling himself with the idea that at least it would be funny, and maybe they'd get more screen time if it was funny enough. That would be something, at least.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 07/16/2017 7:56 PM

But, just because he wanted to know how much damage control he ought to be preparing himself for--- or because he couldn't help himself and loved to suffer--- he pulled his own phone out of his pocket and looked up Jae's Instagram account. Sure enough, there was a picture of himself clutching the camera on its pole, red in the face and hair visibly damp with sweat. The top quarter of Jae's face could be seen in the corner.

The caption read, 'taking hyung for a walk'.

He... wanted to be annoyed, he really did, but he couldn't help it. He cracked up. "When did you get so good at this?" he said, wheezing slightly, still winded from the hike up. It was actually pretty funny.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 07/16/2017 8:04 PM

Jae didn't answer, but he did smile, a lopsided and subtle thing. Chan-ho found himself smiling back, because that was what he did--- smile--- and because it was kind of like watching a cat. They never gave you the time of day unless they really felt like it, so it was more rewarding when they did, or something like that.

Wait, so did that make him a dog, since he was so easy? Well... That wasn't a bad thing either, was it?

"So," Chan-ho said, because things were quiet now and he was instinctively compelled by years of variety training to fill a silence, cameras or no cameras, "why did you pick this place? Besides the urge to punish me, specifically." They'd already established that one.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 07/16/2017 8:13 PM

Jae hesitated; he was good at hiding it, but Chan-ho could read it in the way his eyes darted away, down and to the sides beneath his lashes. Chan-ho smiled a little harder. "C'mon, it's not recording. I won't tell if you won't." He tucked the camera behind his back for emphasis.

"You could have it on," said Jae. "It could be picking up my voice." The way his eyes narrowed added, unspoken, that Chan-ho had motivation too, though whose fault was that, really?

Chan-ho rolled his eyes and said, "Fine, see for yourself. See? It's off." He held out the camera, back facing forward, so Jae could see the lack of blinking lights, the dead display.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next