The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

A Meeting In The Mountains [Quest, Self]

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 7:55 PM

"So, why are we going up here, again?"  

The Battleheart asked, glancing lazily up at the steep incline that she and her human companion were about to climb.  The reptile was almost always traveling, and yet the human seemed to always be able to find her no matter where she was.

"It's a secret, Cass.~"  Was the response, in a singing voice that made Cassandra smile.  Olive was a cute human, no doubt about that.  She would miss her after she grew old and eventually died.  Humans just had such short lives.

Cassandra sighed and didn't bother to ask again.  Olive was too full of secrets to ever let her know just why they were here, no matter what.  She couldn't even probe her mind for answers, as she seemed to have the incredible ability to block out any magic near her.  She would have to ask how she did that..

[1]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: A Meeting In The Mountains [Quest, Self]

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:10 PM

A chilly wind blew past the Battleheart, waking her up a little bit.  She wondered how cold it was for the human, as she had thick scales and fat to block out the cold.  Humans were quite fragile to weather compared to their fellow Evelon species.  She watched Olive scurry up the mountain side on a small makeshift path that seemed like it was made centuries ago by original mountain dwellers.  She wondered why she hadn't asked her to fly her up the mountain instead.  But, Olive had a bit of a one track mind, maybe she hadn't even remembered that Cassandra had wings?

"Do you need help, Olive?"

[2]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:13 PM

Olive waved her hand behind her, seemingly brushing off Cassandra's question.  "I'm fine!"  She said, almost on queue slipping on a rock.  Luckily she was able to regain her footing rather quickly.  What a nimble little human she was, more than most that the Battleheart has seen.

She considered flying to the top ahead of Olive, but decided that it may ruin the "surprise."  Instead she climbed up, a bit behind Olive, ready to spread her wings to catch Olive if she fell.

[3]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:18 PM

They continued climbing for a few more minutes.  Cassandra was growing a bit bored of the climb at this point.  There didn't seem to be much life around the mountains, as the day was way too cold.  Not even bugs bothered her today, or buzzed around her head.  She hadn't even heard much of any birds.  The ground was cold under her claws, and she wished that she was flying instead.

"Ok!  Almost there!"  The human piped up suddenly.  "Close your eyes, ok?"

[4]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:22 PM

Cassandra attempted to hide her annoyance at the thought of having to close her eyes and climb the mountain at the same time.  Olive seemed to have intuited her annoyance, "I'll tell you how many steps until the top, okay?"  The Battleheart sighed and tried not to roll her eyes, but it was cute how hard the human was trying to make some sort of "surprise."  "C'mon!  Please?"

With a sigh, Cassandra relented and closed her eyes, following the girl's instructions on how to climb the mountain.

[5]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:27 PM

After a few steps, the ground evened out and Cassandra could tell that they were on some sort of plateau by the feeling of the ground.  She tried to stop herself from scenting the air, as she felt this may also ruin the surprise, though she thought she smelled something sweet...

"Surprise!"  The human announced as Cassandra finally opened her eyes.  What..  Was this?  There were colored strings thrown about, a large iced pastry on a table, and triangle shaped hats.  A rainbow banner was tied between two chairs, one of which a pale faced man was sitting.  He looked at her boredly and waved.  "Happy birthday."  He murmured, attempting to sound excited.

"Birthday?"  Cassandra echoed, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

[6]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:30 PM

Olive gasped, albeit in a dramatic and theatrical way.  "You don't know what a birthday is??"

"Don't act surprised, I told you she probably wouldn't."  Her friend, which Cassandra recognized as Null the Bleeder in human form, responded.

"Shh, I wanted to act surprised so that she didn't feel bad!"  She responded, shooting him a glare which he shrugged off.

Cassandra was still quite confused, but unsure if she should cut in or not.  She decided to allow them to talk more.

[7]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:34 PM

Olive grinned widely at Cassandra, which made her just a bit uncomfortable, as if there was a joke that everyone but her understood.  "Ok so, you mentioned how you were hatched this month this day, right?"

Cassandra slowly nodded, though was still confused.

"So, humans have a ritual we preform yearly for the day of birth!  It's really important for us!"

"Oh?"  Cassandra replied, suddenly understanding a little bit of why everything was this way.

"Yeah!  We have cake, and fun stuff, and games!"

[8]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:38 PM

"It's a bit dumb."  The man said, which made Olive shoot him a glare.  "But I have to admit, it is kind of fun."  He smiled a little, revealing odd and sharp little teeth.

"Alright."  She smiled, starting to grow a bit excited at the idea.  "So, what do we do?"

Olive grinned widely.  "We're gonna give you gifts, and eat cake, and have tons of fun!"  She did an odd little dance, clicking her heels happily.

[9]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 8:40 PM

"Gifts?"  Cassandra asked, trying not to show excitement.  "But I did not do anything to deserve gifts!"

Olive laughed, "You don't have to do anything to deserve a gift!  Don't worry!"  She patted Cassandra on her thick scaly back.  "You get them because we love you and are happy you're here with us for another year!"

Cassandra felt touched, and was quite fond of the human ritual.  What a sweet thing they do!

And so, the rest of the day was spent opening gifts, eating cake, and watching the sunset.  Null even smiled a little!

[10.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:25 AM

"So."  Said Null, sitting back in his flimsy plastic chair and wiping a pit of pink frosting from the corner of his lips.  "Since it's your birthday and all, why don't you tell us a story about your life?  You Battlehearts live a long time, dontcha?"  He grabbed a potato chip and crunched on it thoughtfully.

Olive was on her third slice of pink cake, swallowing her large bite before adding, "Oh!  That's a great idea!"  She gestured her fork around excitedly as she talked.

[11]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:28 AM

Cassandra, who had shapeshifted into human form so that she could sit on the chairs too, blushed slightly.  At least, Olive thought that she had blushed.  Her skin was an darker olive color, so it was a bit hard to tell.  Oh!  her skin was Olive, and Olive's name was Olive!  That's kind of funny..

The reptile thought to herself a few moments, sighing as she did so.  "I am afraid I am not as interesting as you think I am."  She admitted, smiling sheepishly.

"Awww, c'mon, I'm sure you know something!"  The girl gave the woman puppy eyes and pouted her lips.  "Pleeeeeease?"

[12]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:32 AM

"Well..."  Cassandra began, much to Olive's delight.  "I suppose I do have something I could share."  She grinned with sharp reptilian teeth.  "Though I can't promise it will be any good..."

"I'm sure it's great!"  Olive chimed in as Null nodded in agreement behind her.

Cassandra sat back in the chair, which, unfortunately, was not strong enough to hold her weight.  It cracked from under her, causing her to yelp out in surprise.  "Oh dear."  She said, rubbing her lower back.  "Well, I don't mind telling the story on the ground."

[13]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:35 AM

Olive shot up to help Cassandra, but she held her hand up in response.  "I am fine, my friend.  I have had worse falls."  She crossed her legs and leaned her back against a nearby boulder, getting herself comfortable.  "So, you wanted a story, hm?"  The girl nodded excitedly in response.

"Well, I definitely have something that you might like.

You obviously know that this day, many years ago, I was born."  She chuckled a little, "though I'm not going to tell you the exact day, more fun not to know, right
?"

[14]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:38 AM

"Well, I remember when I first hatched.  It was very dark at first, obviously, and then..  Well, I started to exist!"

"Oh wow, you remember being born?"  Olive asked, wide eyed.

Cassandra laughed, "A bit, a bit.  We have good memories, us Battlehearts, you know.  I don't remember being inside my egg much, but I remember darkness, and warmth, and breaking out of that darkness, and being quite cold."  She chuckled again.  "It's quite a shock to be thrown into the cold mountains from the warm comfort of an egg, you know?"

"Anyway,"  She continued after taking a breath, "As I said, it was quite jarring to be in the cold after being so nice and warm in my egg, so I went in search for warmth."

[15]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items