The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: A Meeting In The Mountains [Quest, Self]

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:42 AM

"It was then when I realized just how many other eggs were around me."

"Your brothers and sisters?"

"Yes."  She confirmed, nodding with a smile.  "Though I didn't know the term at the time, I knew by instinct that they were family.  You see, I had the urge to smash the eggs."

"Kill your siblings?"  Olive asked, though in the background Null didn't seem surprised at all.

"Yes.  In our culture, the first hatchling kills the others to help insure survival.  Though, I couldn't get myself to.  I felt like maybe we would have a better chance at surviving if I tried to join us together, you see?"

Olive nodded, though seemed a bit upset at the idea.

[16]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:46 AM

"Eventually my siblings did hatch, though they seemed confused at me trying to communicate."  She seemed to grow sad at this fact, sighing deeply.  "I suppose that I was, perhaps, ahead of them in maturity.  They did not understand.  I tried to get them to..."

Olive frowned and sat next to Cassandra, placing her hand on her shoulder.  "It's ok Cass, it's not your fault.  You don't have to continue if you don't wanna.."

Cassandra smiled sadly, "No, it is ok.  Just a painful memory is all.  Where was I?"

[17]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:49 AM

Cassandra took a moment to relax herself, and munch on a bit more cake, before continuing.  "It is not too bad for me to think of now.  I never had a bond with these siblings, they simply were borne of the same wound is all."  She adjusted her position on the ground, sighing comfortably after a few moments.  "I had to leave at that point, as the rest of them seemed to be getting ready to fight.  I thought saving my strength would be better than fighting.  I was right, of course.  Eventually I came to a cave."

[18]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:52 AM

"Is it...  The same cave you live in now?"

"No," Cassandra laughed, "But that would have been interesting, hm?  No, unfortunately, this cave would be much too small for my adult form, though it was perfect for me as a child.  Though, it seemed it was inhabited by someone else...  Not so friendly."

"What was it, what was it?"  Olive demanded, excitedly waving her hands around her head.

"Unfortunately, I do not remember."  Cassandra frowned, "I was a child, after all.  I am not sure what species it was.  I do know that it had sharp teeth and claws.  But I did too."  She smiled at her last sentence.

[19]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 1:55 AM

"We fought for a while.  Though I was just a babe, I had the instincts of a warrior.  At least, the Adrenalin was strong enough to make me scare it off.  I suppose it was not looking for a fight and just wanted to sleep, otherwise I believe it could and would have beaten me.  I don't even remember lying down, I only remember waking up the next morning to a big commotion."  She paused to allow Olive and Null to take in her story.

Null seemed to not be paying much attention, though she could tell he really was.  He just wasn't the type to act like he was interested in anything.  It was a quirk of his that just made him funnier.

[20]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 2:20 PM

"I looked out of my little hideaway, and I saw a large caravan!"  Her eyes seemed to go dreamy, as if it was the most amazing thing she's ever seen.  "It was...  Amazing.  At that time, I'd never seen so many things happening at once.  It was pulled by a few horses, and one Penticorn.  Humans walked along side it, along with a couple of Shielupe.  Of course, I didn't know the names of any of the creatures there at the time, but I remember them enough to know what they were now."

Olive leaned in closer, super interested in what would happen next.  Cassandra seemed to be building up to something.

[21]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 2:23 PM

"I was so busy staring at the group, that I almost didn't notice a pack of those..  Creatures, sneaking up behind them."

Olive's eyes widened.  "The Shielupe didn't notice them?"

Cassandra shook her head.  "No, I think they had a way to hide their scents.  I could not pick them up either, even though the wind was blowing towards me at the time."

She took a breath before continuing, "I had no idea what to do.  I was only a day or two old, and these creatures far outnumbered me and the caravan.  But I knew I had to do something."

[22]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 2:27 PM

Before Cassandra could continue, Olive spoke up.  "I think I know what those things were."  She said thoughtfully, rubbing her chin.

"Oh?"  Cassandra asked, surprised that the human could possibly know more than she could.  She quickly banished that thought though, it was rude to be narrow minded and assume you know more than someone else just because of what they were.

"Yeah.  I think they might of been Chaos."  Everyone there shivered at the mention.  "The fact that you barely remember what they look like even though you remember everyone else makes me really think that's what they were, yknow?  They have mind altering affects on things, according to what I've read."

The Battleheart nodded thoughtfully.  She had almost forgotten that despite Olive's ditzy nature and hyperness, she was quite well read and knew a lot more than she let on.  "I think you are right."

[23]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 2:32 PM

Null decided to speak up after his long silence.  He was a quiet creature, which made when he spoke quite important and though provoking.  "If that is true.."  He started, worry in his voice, "Then you are lucky to be alive.  I assume the caravan was not so lucky.."

"That is where you are wrong."  Cassandra grinned, "though you forced me to spoil that before I started."  She adjusted herself again before continuing.  "Those things, the Chaos, they were quite close to the caravan at that point.  I saw them drool, and knew they would take no survivors.  Without even thinking, I called out and ran to them, barely escaping as one snapped at my legs.  I don't know how I knew, but I knew if it had bitten me I would have been poisoned."

"You were right."  Olive responded, furrowing her brow.  "I think they infect anything they touch, those things."

Cassandra was unsurprised, though the thought still made her uncomfortable.

[24]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/28/2017 2:37 PM

"My warning alerted them quickly.  The humans drew their weapons, the creatures bared their teeth.  At me at first, but then they noticed what was behind me."  She shivered a bit at the memory, but continued regardless.  "They fought valiantly, and somehow drove them off.  I think the only reason they gave up was because they just wanted an easy kill.  They fled quickly."

"Afterwards, the humans thanked me, and gave me food, and shelter."  She smiled at the memory.  "I of course couldn't stay with them forever, but they taught me a lot while I traveled with them.  They became a second family.  Ever since then, I was sure to protect anyone I saw in trouble, and hated any sort of bully or evil doer."

Olive seemed a bit teary eyed.  "That's such a great origin story, Cassandra!"

[25]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/29/2017 11:07 PM

"So, what's next?"  Cassandra asked, eyeing the cake a bit greedily.  Though she was in human form, her apatite was just about as much as her regular form.

Olive giggled in response.  "Yeah sure Cass, you can have some."  She smiled, guessing what Cassandra wanted.  It wasn't too hard to figure it out though.  She was giving the cake a very lustful look.

[26]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/29/2017 11:10 PM

Cassandra couldn't hide a wide grin.  She shot up out of her seat, but quickly realized how odd she was being.  "Aha, sorry my friend."  She said, rubbing the back of her neck. "Just excited is all.  Hehe.."

"That's fine!  You're allowed to be excited on your birthday!"

"Oh yes!"  She replied with a smile.  "I forgot that these birthday things were supposed to be full of...  Energy."  She gave a sly look at Null.  "You seem to be lacking though."

[27]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/29/2017 11:14 PM

Null, a few years ago, probably would have responded to this with annoyance.  At the very least, he would have frowned and ignored her.  However, the months he spent with Olive and her ragtag group warmed his heart and taught him humor and emotions.  He responded with an, albeit forced looking, smile.  "My apologies, Cassandra."  He responded, picking his words carefully.  "I am still getting used to these..  Human emotions."  He sighed, looking out to the setting sun.  Had it really been so long since they've been here?

[28]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/29/2017 11:17 PM

Cassandra let out a hearty laugh that made Olive jump back a little in surprise. "Emotions are not just human things, child!"  She chastised, tutting her finger at Null.  He looked away in embarrassment.

"S- Sorry, I meant mortals I guess.  But I'm mortal too..  So..  I dunno.."  He started to clam up.

Cassandra instantly felt bad.  "Oh dear!  I was just teasing, friend.  You are doing great.  It is so nice to see how you have grown and changed, even in the little time we have known each other."  At this he seemed to perk up and relax.

[29]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/29/2017 11:28 PM

Olive was very happy her two friends were getting together, she could almost burst!  It was so so so great to finally have a relaxing day!  Her days so far had been full of mostly traveling and exploring, and that was fun of course too.  However, it was nice to have a time to just..  Sit back and reflect, yknow?

She thought back to when they had first met, she Null and Cassandra.  They were on their way to visit Lamenolai city and were confronted by bandits pretending to be guards.  They wanted some sort of "visitor's fee."  Not knowing any better Olive and Null were going to comply, when Cassandra came to their rescue.  She was large and imposing, even in human form.  She quickly made the bad guys go away.

[30]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items