The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: A Late Christmas [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:34 PM

As they sat together, with Candy leaning back against Crax's chest and the fingers of one hand each intertwined, they read their books peacefully. The cold night wind could be heard outside the cabin, making Candy snuggle a little closer, even though the room was warm and awash in a cheery orange glow.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2181
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:36 PM

A short while later, Crax felt Candy shift against him, and heard a quiet yawn escape from her mouth. He chuckled, and hugged her gently; "I think someone's a little sleepy" he joked, receiving a quiet moan of agreement. He chuckled again, and nudged her gently, causing her to raise her head a little to look at him with a sleepy smile and drooping eyelids.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:37 PM

"Come on, let's go to bed; the fire will be safe enough with the guard, and should last until morning" he said, nudging her gently to get her into a sitting position. He stood up first, and laughed at her stumbling attempts to stand up and shuffle towards the doorway, swaying as she went.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:39 PM

Crax chuckled, and shook his head, before gently placing his hands on her waist to steer and support her as she made her way to the stairs, yawning as she went. They climbed the stairs together, with Candy slowly dragging her feet up, trying not to catch her toes on the edge lest she trip.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:41 PM

Crax kept a gentle hand on her shoulder once they made it to the top of the stairs, placing his other hand on her back to steer her into the bedroom. The fire had lowered a bit, but the room was still warm and cosy, and the blankets had absorbed the heat wonderfully.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:42 PM

Candy was so tired, she could barely stand, let alone see where the pyjamas were kept. She let out a sleepy grumble of frustration, and Crax chuckled, before sitting her down on the edge of the bed and making his way to the chest of drawers where he had put their pyjamas away.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:44 PM

He pulled out some soft grey pyjama bottoms and a soft pink flannel nightshirt for her, as well as a long dark blue pair of pyjama bottoms and a matching pyjama top for himself. He got changed himself, before throwing his clothes into the laundry hamper in the bathroom and helping Candy stand up.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:45 PM

Candy swayed a little on the spot, feeling tired and relaxed; she felt Crax helping her undress, before the soft, crisp, cool feeling of clean pyjamas touched her skin. She smiled, grateful for his help, and took his hand so that he could help her into the four-poster bed, tucking her under the sheets and letting the curtain fall behind her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:50 PM

Crax rounded the bed and switched off the lights, before climbing under the covers himself. The light of the fire was bright enough to see by, and he glanced at Candy to see her breathing slowing down as she drifted off to sleep. He smiled to himself, and closed the curtains on his side before pulling the covers up to his chin and closing his eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:51 PM

That night, the wind howled through the mountainside, bringing unexpected snowfall with it due to the low temperatures. Inside, however, Crax and Candy slept, dreaming of pleasant days in summer, and holding hands in their sleep whilst the fires burned low in their hearths and the cabin creaked in the strong night wind.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:52 PM

The next morning, Crax opened his eyes slowly, feeling the soft caress of Candy's hair under his chin. During the night, she had shifted in her sleep, and was now lying with her back pressed against his chest and her legs intertwined with his, whilst his arm was wrapped around her waist.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:54 PM

Crax grinned, and hugged her gently to him, pressing a kiss on the top of her head. She stirred, and snuggled closer, grabbing his hand in hers, though she moaned and muttered something about not wanting to wake up yet, which caused him to chuckle. She felt the rumble through her back, and smiled despite her protests.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:55 PM

"Good morning, princess" Crax whispered, nuzzling her ear gently and placing light kisses on her cheek. "This bed is very comfortable; we seem to sink straight into it. Did you sleep well?" he asked, lightly sweeping a lock of hair off of her cheek and onto the pillow beside her head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:57 PM

Candy squeezed his hand; in truth, it was the best night's sleep she had had in a long while. Their lives consisted of being rushed from one event to the next, one challenge after another. She loved it, all of it, but sometimes she just needed to take a break from it all.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2018 5:59 PM

"I slept wonderfully" she said, turning to face him so she could wrap her arms around him and place a soft kiss on his lips. "This bed is so comfortable - maybe we should get a similar one for home" she joked, snuggling into his embrace so her head was tucked under his chin and she was breathing in his distinctive smell.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext