The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: A Late Christmas [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 12:03 PM

As he entered the kitchen, Crax smiled, realising he could hear Candy moving around upstairs. He whistled to himself as he preheated the oven, and opened the fridge to decide what to cook for dinner.

He grinned, struck by sudden inspiration; he pulled out a bottle of red wine, some roosken breasts, and a lime.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2276
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 12:05 PM

Crax placed his ingredients on the island before making his way over to the pantry door. From here, he grabbed a handful of fresh rosemary, a head of garlic, a large onion, and a handful of large potatoes. He left these on the island with the rest of his ingredients, and made his way over to the spice cupboard.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 1:52 PM

The salt and pepper were a must, he thought, pulling out their respective shakers. He also grabbed the packet of brown sugar and the bag of cornflour, which were resting on either side of the nutmeg, and the packet of dried lemongrass which was on top of the jar of stock cubes, of which he grabbed three, reasoning that they would make a decent sauce.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 2:52 PM

With his ingredients laid out before him, Crax rolled up his sleeves and washed his hands, before grabbing the chopping board and a sharp knife. Carefully, he diced the roosken breasts and placed them on a small plate, before grabbing the onion, removing the skin and the first layer, and chopping it in half.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 3:43 PM

Half of the onion was placed on a small plate, to be used later, whilst the other half was chopped into fine slivers. Crax then washed his hands, and turned the dial on the hob to heat one of the rings. He placed a small wok on the ring, with a small amount of olive oil in the centre of it, and waited for it to heat up.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 3:47 PM

Once the pan was heated enough, Crax poured the chopped roosken breast into the oil carefully and spread it out with a spatula, so that it would cook evenly. Onto it, he sprinkled some salt, pepper, brown sugar, and half of the thinly sliced onion. As he turned the pieces over to make sure they didn't burn, the smell began to make his mouth water.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:25 PM

Once Crax was sure the roosken breast was cooked, he turned the ring off and moved the wok to the back of the hob, covering it with a lid so the meat wouldn't cool too much. He turned back to the ingredients on the island, and picked up the potatoes, before carrying them to the sink.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:28 PM

He placed a colander beside the sink, and washed the potatoes, placing them on the draining board before grabbing a small peeling knife. He carefully cut away the skin of the potatoes, placing each one into the colander before picking up the next. Once all of the potatoes had been peeled, he washed them again in the colander.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:30 PM

Satisfied with the cleanliness of the potatoes, Crax began humming to himself cheerily as he carried the dripping colander back to the island. He put the chopping board and the used knives in the sink, washed his hands, and grabbed a clean knife to begin chopping the potatoes. Though he wasn't especially neat, he tried to cut them all into bite-sized chunks, knowing Candy's preferences.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:32 PM

Once chopped, Crax grabbed a glass baking dish from the oven and poured the chopped potatoes into it. He then roughly chopped up the half of the onion that was still resting on the plate, and threw that into the baking dish too. Grabbing the wok, he poured the chicken he had fried earlier into the baking dish, and stirred it all so that the ingredients mixed evenly.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:34 PM

Crax then placed a glass lid over the baking dish, and retrieved two carrots, two parsnips and a turnip from the pantry. He washed them, peeled them, and washed them in the colander as he had done the potatoes, before chopping them into bite-sized pieces and mixing them in with the other ingredients in the baking dish.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:45 PM

Satisfied with the mixture, at least in terms of base contents, Crax now turned his attention to making the sauce it would all cook in. He sprinkled salt and pepper into the dish, along with a large spoonful of brown sugar, two spoonfuls of cornflour, and a decent amount of red wine. He stirred the mix, and placed two sprigs of fresh rosemary in the dish for flavour.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:52 PM

As a finishing touch, he sprinkled the finely sliced onion on top of the mixture, and covered it all with the glass baking dish lid, before picking up the used knives and chopping board and walking to the sink to wash his hands. He then checked the oven to make sure that it was hot enough.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:54 PM

Crax grinned; the oven was ready! He grabbed the oven mitts, and carefully lifted the baking dish into the centre of the oven, before closing the door. He set the timer for half an hour, and cleared the remaining things on the island, before washing what was in the sink and placing it on the drying rack.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/28/2018 4:56 PM

The smell of the cooking casserole was filling the kitchen, and Crax sat down on the barstool by the island, book in hand, to wait for the timer to finish. He was confident Candy would like this dish, though he had never made if for her before, and hoped he hadn't taken too long to prepare it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext