The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: A Late Christmas [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:42 PM

Candy smiled, and squeezed the arm that was wrapped around her waist. Crax let go, only to spin her around by the shoulders and catch her lips with a soft yet lingering kiss.

"We should bring up the luggage" he breathed out softly when they parted; "otherwise we'll never unpack."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2221
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:44 PM

Candy giggled and nodded her agreement, holding his hand tightly as they walked slowly back into the landing and down the stairs to grab the suitcases. In total, they had brought three suitcases and a bag, as well as the trunk, which Crax grabbed first reasoning it would be better to take the heaviest thing up first.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:45 PM

"No, no, that one doesn't need to come up; that's for down here" Candy said with a smile, gesturing at the trunk. "I'll unpack it last, once we've got everything stowed away upstairs."

Crax shrugged, and smiled at her as he grabbed a suitcase in each hand. He didn't mind, as the trunk was quite heavy.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:47 PM

As he carried the cases up the stairs, Crax wondered idly what was in the trunk, but reasoned that she would show him soon enough - she was never very good at holding on to surprises, especially those she thought he would like. He had gotten used to it, but now he was a little curious as she hadn't mentioned anything about it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:48 PM

Candy brought up the last suitcase and the bag, and placed them down beside the bed. "Do you mind sorting this lot out while I sort out the trunk? I'll let you know as soon as I'm done" she asked, glancing up at him with her gorgeous smile. Crax chuckled, recognizing when she was in her 'surprise' phase, and shooed her out of the room.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:50 PM

As Crax unpacked, he thought about his plans for dinner that evening. They had brought some food with them which he planned to warm up in the oven, and he had confirmed that the cabin would be fully stocked before they arrived, so he wouldn't worry about supplies for the duration of their stay.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:51 PM

As he folded shirts into the dresser drawers - his on the left, hers on the right - he whistled to himself idly, thinking happily about how domestic their relationship had become. It had been over a year since they had officially gotten together, and he couldn't be happier, with the girl of his dreams being his at last.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:56 PM

Crax was almost done hanging up their clothes in the wardrobe when he heard Candy call out from downstairs. "I'll be right down!" he called back, closing the door and walking out of the room, reasoning the remaining things wouldn't mind waiting while he went downstairs for a few minutes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:58 PM

Crax walked down the stairs and gasped; the lower floor had been decorated as if it were still Christmas, with hanging wreaths and false icicles covering the walls daintily. He couldn't believe his eyes when he stepped into the living room to find Candy standing proudly beside a tree that almost reached the ceiling.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 6:00 PM

"I thought we could have a late Christmas to ourselves" Candy explained, grinning as she took his hands in hers.

"So that's why the trunk was so heavy" Crax laughed, pulling her close to him. The cabin looked gorgeously festive, and the tree was festooned with the ornaments they had purchased together the previous Christmas.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 6:01 PM

Crax kissed her forehead, and twirled her around in front of him before hugging her. "It's perfect - the perfect Christmas getaway" he chuckled, lightly tickling her ear with his breath.

Candy sighed in happiness, before reluctantly breaking away. "I'm not sure how long I took; had you finished unpacking when I called?" she asked.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 6:03 PM

Crax chuckled again, before shaking his head. "Not quite; there are a few things that still need to be put away - I figured they wouldn't just walk off on their own, though. I'm glad I did; this was a truly lovely surprise to come down to." He kissed her forehead again, and they turned to walk back to the stairs.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 6:04 PM

Candy sat on the bed cross-legged as she watched Crax meticulously put their things away. In truth, she preferred when he did it - she always managed to make it a bit of a mess, whilst he folded things so that they stayed neatly folded in ways she couldn't quite fathom.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 6:05 PM

It still gave her warm feelings to see her clothes being put away beside his own. She had adored Crax from the beginning of their friendship, but had never allowed herself to dream that she would one day have this kind of domestic bliss with him; truly, she felt like she had fallen in a pool of golden roses.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 6:07 PM

Crax chuckled, and Candy blushed realising she had said the last part out loud. He adored her funny idioms, and the way she would take phrases and twist them in such a way that they made perfect sense when compared to her. To Crax, Candy was his pool of golden roses, and he cherished her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext