The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: A Late Christmas [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:08 PM

Candy blushed, having completely forgotten about the poor driver sitting there in the cold while they messed about. "Sorry, we'll have everything inside in a moment" she called out, turning to grab the suitcase that still had things hanging out of the sides from when she had closed it messily in her hurry to join Crax outside.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2231
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:11 PM

Crax chuckled, and grabbed the suitcase from her hands as he pulled his own suitcase from the other seat. He stuck his tongue out at her childishly, and spun gracefully on his heel as he began to walk towards the door of the cabin. Candy smiled, and followed quickly, pulling out the key from her handbag.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:12 PM

As she unlocked the door, Crax gestured for her to enter first, and she did so with excitement. In truth, she had been excited ever since he had first suggested they get away into the mountains for Christmas, and the sight of the two-storey log cabin with the terrace and french windows on the upper floor had her ready to explore.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:16 PM

Crax chuckled as she switched on the lights, and gasped as the old-fashioned gas burners flared to life. He had specifically chosen a holiday cabin that didn't have electrical lighting to add to the cosy atmosphere he hoped to create, and now he saw his efforts rewarded in the way her smile lit up her face.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:17 PM

He left her as she raced into the living room, turning back to the carriage in order to unload more of their things. Though they were only here for two weeks, she had insisted on two suitcases and a trunk, and though he had no idea what was in them he hadn't been able to say no to her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:19 PM

Luckily, the driver was a helpful chap who understood about women and their need for excess luggage, and had merely offered him a cheerful grin and a wink when he saw their bags. He helped Crax unload the trunk from where it was resting on the luggage rack on the back of the carriage, and Crax thanked him before dragging the trunk into the cabin.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:20 PM

Crax returned one final time to the carriage, to make sure that Candy hadn't left anything inside it in her hasty search for a coat. Having satisfied himself that the carriage was clear, he tipped the driver and sent him on his way down the winding path, watching until he was out of sight before entering the cabin and closing the door behind him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:22 PM

"Crax, this is amazing" Candy called out from somewhere upstairs, and he chuckled as he set the trunk down beside the foot of the stairs, before climbing them to join her. He stepped out onto the landing, and followed the squealing sounds of glee he heard coming from one of the open doors to his left.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:24 PM

"Look at this! A genuine four-poster bed with silk curtains!" Candy gushed, gently rubbing the sheer fabric between her fingers. She couldn't believe the luxury that the cabin provided; though it was a holiday cabin, she had been expecting it to cater to more casual tastes, and the bed had caught her by surprise.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:32 PM

"And have you seen the en-suite washroom?" she cried with glee, dragging him into the bathroom by the hand. He couldn't hold back a smile as she showed him the water running out of the brass taps (both hot and cold) into the marble basin which had a granite worktop surrounding it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:34 PM

"And look at the shower!" she practically squealed as she pulled him over and turned on the brass shower tap above the huge, round, claw-footed iron tub that looked big enough to fit two people in it comfortably. "I can't wait to have a bath" she said with glee, flashing him a dazzling smile that made his mouth twitch involuntarily.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:36 PM

"I'm surprised you haven't rushed out onto the terrace" he murmured, raising her hand to kiss it. "It should be right through the bedroom."

Candy gasped, and pulled him back into the bedroom and over to the large yellow curtain that was hanging over the french windows. She pulled it back and gasped in delight.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:38 PM

Crax grinned at her delight; from below, they had not been able to see the chairs and table he had requested to be set up ready for them with blankets and pillows in a box under the table. What had caught Candy's attention, however, was the bottle of champagne and the crystal flutes that were waiting for them in the centre of the table with a card that read 'Happy Holidays".

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:40 PM

Crax wrapped his arms around her from behind, and she relaxed into his embrace, feeling his soft breaths brushing her cheek and making her curls dance. "It's lovely" she said with a quiet smile, gazing out at the terrace. "I wasn't expecting champagne - did you order it, or have they just been generous?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:41 PM

Crax smiled, and nuzzled her cheek affectionately. "All I did was tell them what type of champagne you liked when they insisted on providing us with a bottle. Apparently it's their standard Christmas gift to those who stay here during the holidays, and they were kind enough to include us despite it being a little late."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext