The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

A Late Christmas [M][Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 3:48 PM

Crax pulled in a deep breath, and shivered with pleasure as the brisk mountain air filled his lungs. In the spirit of tradition, they had come to the skiing village in the northern Tuun Mountains, though they hadn't quite made it in time for the Christmas season despite their best attempts to get away from work early.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2156
Donate

Re: A Late Christmas [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 3:50 PM

He grinned as the image came unbidden to his mind of Candi with puffy red cheeks and dark circles under her eyes. They were both in the design business, so he understood; he had had more than his own fair share of late nights finalising the gentry's dress orders for the Christmas ball.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 3:52 PM

He sighed, and took one more deep breath before turning back to the carriage that was parked outside the little cabin they had rented out for the week. He could hear rummaging sounds coming from the open door, and chuckled at the thought that her first move after waking up was to go hunting in their bags.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 3:53 PM

Crax strode over to the door of the carriage with a warm grin on his face.

"Sleep well, princess?" he asked, peering into the snug interior. The low lamplight lit up the curls of his formerly snoozing companion, and his heart lept as she paused her search to smile at him over the top of the open suitcase.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 3:56 PM

Candy smiled sheepishly as Crax's cheeky grin peered into the Carriage. She had awoken due to the fresh breeze that was coming in through the carriage door, which Crax had left open in his haste to taste the mountain air, and had decided to pull out her warm coat before stepping out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 4:52 PM

"I won't be a minute - I'm just pulling on a coat" she said, as she bent over and continued digging in the suitcase. Crax watched with amusement as she pulled out several other clothes and hastily flung them on the seat beside her before finally pulling out her brown furry coat.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 4:53 PM

"Ah-hah!" she called out in triumph, a wide smile on her face. As she slipped the heavy coat over her shoulders, a sharp gust came in through the open door and blew her curls in a halo around her face as she shivered and hurried to do up the buttons.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 4:55 PM

Crax shook his head teasingly; for someone whose job revolved around being prepared and organised, she had a habit of leaving things to the last minute in her personal life which he found terribly endearing. He clapped his hands in mock applause, and threw her another cheeky grin as she haphazardly stuffed things back into the suitcase.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 4:56 PM

"Are you ready to see the snow now, mi'lady, or would you like to dig out your snow boots instead?" he asked her teasingly, reaching in to take her hand and help her out of the carriage. Candi swatted him playfully for his teasing, and gasped suddenly as the view hit her full force.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 4:58 PM

"Crax, it's beautiful" she breathed, watching entranced at the way the sunlight glittered on the slopes of the mountains ringing the valley. She hadn't realised they were quite so high up, and on such a clear day they could see for miles across steep mountains and winding valleys, with a far-off glitter on the horizon that she was sure was her eyes playing tricks on her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:00 PM

Crax stood watching her, as she absorbed the view surrounding them. He loved moments like this, quiet little instances when he could watch as her emotions played out on her expressive face. She was so very beautiful, and her childish awe and wonder sent flutters into his heart every time.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:01 PM

For a moment, Crax wished he could giver her this all of the time, though he knew it wouldn't be practical to be so far away from civilisation considering the demands of both of their employment. He huffed out a breath through his nose, and mentally placed the idea on his 'retirement' shelf, for when they were old enough to enjoy being away from it all.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:03 PM

"I't's good that we came now" he said, glancing over the valley before turning back to face her with a grin. "Apparently the weather was absolutely awful over Christmas - we would have been snowed in, with a raging blizzard outside and nobody around for miles. No gorgeous view, either, in that kind of weather."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:05 PM

Candy smiled and met his eyes. "It would have been lovely; the perfect getaway, snowed in for who knows how long until the weather dies down and we can be rescued. A roaring fire, hot mulled wine, and just the two of us. I can't imagine a more perfect situation, as long as we have the stores to see it through."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2018 5:07 PM

Crax chuckled, and took her gloved hands in his, causing her to squeal as she felt the cold from his bare fingers pass through her warm brown knitted gloves. He pulled her close gently, and placed a small kiss on the tip of her nose. "One day, we'll do just that - but for now, let's get our things inside so the driver can be off."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next