The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Re: Into The Deep End [Hunt] [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 11:43 AM

Mick, however, seemed unfazed by Drake's announcement. "Of course it's you" he said, sarcastically tilting his head to the side. "Who else indeed! Who else would you trust, Drake, when you barely trust your own shadow? Who else would have the interest in keeping her alive that you do?"

Drake scowled, but smoothed it out into a placid smile. "Indeed, I have more of an interest in my protege than anyone else would, however, there are many qualified and esteemed slayers that would have been willing to take the role, had I not chosen to attend myself."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 11:49 AM

Mick snorted ungraciously in response. "Right, because there was ever a chance of you letting someone else accompany her. And tell me, Drake, what of your entourage? The security detail that follow you everywhere?"

Drake chuckled, and opened his arms to gesture around him. "Who am I to insist on what other people do?"

Shaya felt the butterflies lessen, though they did not go away completely. She would be protected, now she knew, and she felt a lot better for it.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 11:52 AM

Shaya smiled and turned to bow to Drake. "Thank you, and I look forward to working under your watch" she said, as she stood to nod at him before bending down to pick up the next box.

Aside from the full kit, which she had expected, there were some smaller, easily-concealed daggers, a utility knife, a pack with an assortment of pockets containing useful items such as a small sewing kit and firestarter, and a pocket book with useful spells and recipes for foods and potions.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:06 PM

"Well, let's get started, then, shall we?" proclaimed Drake, as he swept from the room. "Ah! Two last gifts, before I go, but one of them isn't physical. First, pop by the tailor on your way out, they have some new clothes they have made for you, and second, take this, and put it on."

He held out a small box, and Shaya took it warily and opened the lid. Inside was a beautiful silver necklace, with a small red vial hanging from a filigree pendant.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:08 PM

"If you're in a do-or-die situation, and you can't face death, crack open the vial and drink it - it is not enough to turn you, but it will give you enough strength to overcome most opponents. Beware, however, you will burn out quickly, so you will need to find somewhere safe to rest soon after you drink it." Drake nodded solemly, and pulled his gloves on. "I'll be waiting for you at the inn when you're ready to go" he said, and swept out of the room.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:12 PM

Shaya glanced at Mick, as the door shut behind Drake, and held out the necklace so he could see it better. "Is it dangerous?" she asked, timidly.

Mick swooped closer, and recoiled in disgust. "Not dangerous, no, but a little macabre. That's his blood, and I'm sure he thinks it's a very thoughtful gift. I'd put it on anyway, though; the silver will keep you safe from a lot of things, including him should anything happen to either of you."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:16 PM

She nodded, and obediently clasped the necklace around her neck. She quickly undressed, and began to pull on the kit, with some directions from Mick as the leather was quite stiff. At last, she turned to look in the mirror and took a step back - she hardly recognised herself, a full slayer in uniform, and when she lifted the hood she all but disappeared into the shadows.

"Is this standard, Mick? Or has he had it enchanted?" she asked, quietly, as she pulled the hood back down to reveal her face again.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:28 PM

"I don't know" he said, "but I wouldn't put it past him. Does it matter if it keeps you safe?"

Shaya sighed wearily, and picked up the book of spells and recipes. "I guess not, but he's done so much for me -  I'm glad he did, and he has helped us so much, and considering the alternative, I'm very grateful, but it just feels like I don't deserve any of it. Like I'll never deserve any of it."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:32 PM

Mick stared at her incredulously. "As if you don't deserve what? To live? Does it matter if you survive? Shaya, he wouldn't do it if it didn't matter. As for why it matters, you'd have to ask him that directly, but I figure he just likes you, or sees some potential in you."

Shaya wiped her eyes and began packing her things into the new pack. "You're right, I know you're right, I just - I guess I need the sun after all" she said, laughing through her tears.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/03/2020 12:37 PM

Her things took up only the bottom third of the pack, and she carefully wrapped the granlick bulbs up in waxed paper before placing them into a side pocket. She slipped the pack on over her new kit, tucked her weapons into the holders and holsters they belonged in, and made her way out of the door, leaving one granlick clove on the window sill and one on the floor behind the door to dissuade any unwanted guests from entering her room in her absence.

[Wild Pet Found]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous