The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Let's Be off, Then [EVENT]

Postby RiDragon » 07/10/2021 6:32 PM

It felt like yesterday when The Professor pulled Lucas aside to give him an "exciting character building opportunity.  That was because it was yesterday.  He had woken up in his warm cozy dorm room yesterday morning, only to be whisked off to the "mission" the following night.

It was a solo mission, and Lucas had trouble keeping down the sense of pride he felt when he realized that Winter had trusted him so much as to send him off on his own.  Though, it was a bit lonely.  After actually bonding with people, he surprisingly began to miss them when he was away...  A little.  Especially...

No, don't think about him.  

He sighed in frustration at the little flutter in his chest when Faust's goofy grin appeared in his mind.  That earnest and niave little prick was the one thing to get him out of his shell, and now he was becoming...  All emotional.  It was sickening...  But also kind of nice, maybe.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Let's Be off, Then [EVENT]

Postby RiDragon » 07/10/2021 6:41 PM

He understood why he needed to go alone now, staring up at the mountain the bus had dropped him off at the foot of.  Mountains, even smaller ones, were dangerous, and someone with telekinesis can only do so much to protect more than just themselves.  Plus, as a fail-safe, he had his secret super power of not being able to die.   Long story.  Involved cults and eldritch gods.

Though, he'd probably wake up in his cot at the inn again and have to come all the way back, so it was best to avoid the inconvenience of dying.

Riley couldn't die either, but she didn't respawn, instead slowly regenerating.  Plus she was half lizard, or something, so the cold would of made her too sluggish.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 07/10/2021 6:49 PM

So it just leaves me, then.

He fished around in his pocket for the crystal and squinted at it, then checked to be sure he had the battery.  If he went up there just to find he had forgotten everything...  He would be mad.

Winter had told him this was a pretty tame mountain, not much snow though it was chilly, and not too tall.  Apparently this crystal required to be somewhere taller than a regular house.  He asked why they didn't just use a skyscraper, but apparently it needed elemental energies that the city wouldn't have an abundance of.  He slipped off his parka and tied it around his waste, after he got walking he knew he'd warm up.  The Professor insisted he'd take it anyway though.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 07/10/2021 8:32 PM

Though he was alone, he had a feeling The Professor would be able to sense if anything bad happened to him, if he wasn't just watching from some sort of pocket in the universe right now.  Normally he'd shiver at the thought, but something about the old man was comforting, fatherly.  The presence he felt if he focused was not intrusive, not privacy breaking, like a parent watching TV in one room with a baby monitor on in case their baby cried in the next room.  He would not intrude upon the mission unless absolutely necessary, which would probably not happen since Lucas can just come back if he dies.  It was...  Appreciated.  Yes, as much as he was loathe to admit it, Lucas appreciated The Professor's protection.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 07/14/2021 6:36 PM

The first few minutes up the mountain was nothing special.  Just an uphill hike up a trail with very few places he had to climb up, which was fine by him.  He wasn't the most agile of the group, second only to maybe Dylan, and knew he'd be out of breath and wanting to give up if the task was too strenuous.  Just as he was thinking this, the incline became steeper and he had to actually do some real exercise.  Ah, great, should never think about how it could be worse.

He paused mid step before continuing. I should probably nap.  Not because I'm tired, but so my reset point doesn't bring me all the way back to the inn.  `Though, truthfully, he did just feel like a nap.  Luckily, he was pretty much able to sleep anywhere, and made himself comfortable against a tree before taking a snooze.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate