With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: A New Friend?

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:09 AM

"Well.  Here we are~"  The woman said, opening her arms as if to show a great display.  "This cave has only recently been unearthed!  We may be only a handful of all the people who have ever explored it."  She smiled, then added a rather too quickly, "But it is perfectly safe of course!  Passes all rules and regulations.  As long as we follow the path set for us by the original researchers.  There is much danger in the cave."  She seemed to be embellishing a bit, the kid was totally into it.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:11 AM

The woman cleared her throat.  "Of course, we can't just go anywhere."  Fforia could see the kid huff in the corner of her eye as his mom glared at him.  Hopefully he wouldn't be trouble.  The tourist guide seemed to notice too.  "Most everything is closed off anyway.  Much too dangerous for just anyone to go wherever they want, of course of course."  Everyone nodded, besides the man in the back with a furrowed brow.  He seemed to be deep into reading some sort of advertisement in the pamphlet he was reading.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:14 AM

Fforia felt her mind wandering while the woman went over the safety concerns and rules for the cave "exploration."  Of course, it wasn't a real exploration if you had to follow guidelines and not go anywhere new.  It was nothing but a boring cave if you stuck with the stupid guidelines.  It had been a while back since she had first researched the cave and what could possibly be inside it, it felt like many ages ago at this point, in the nice air conditioned dorm room she called her home.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:18 AM

"Cave discovered!  Possible ancient treasures inside!"

That was what the article said.  And Fforia knew that she just had to go.  It matched perfectly for her end of semester project, where she was supposed to visit somewhere far away and then write a report on it, or bring something back to prove that you went.  She knew, she just knew that she had to go, had to find something.  She wanted to be an adventurer, and this would be her first real adventure, and she'd get something for it.  Even the best explorers never found something on their first expedition, but she'd be better than them.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:20 AM

She had, admittedly, not read up on the details.  She had forwarded it to the dean to get it approved as her final project, and that was that.  Her travel expenses were paid, and she was sent on her way.  The most expensive and luxurious way to travel!  ... On an old rusty crappy bus.  The school was kind of a cheap place, but it was supposed to create the best explorers.  That's at least what the pamphlets said.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:24 AM

Apparently the cave had been recently uncovered due to unusual seismic activity in the area.  From what she actually had read it wasn't normal for the place to have earthquakes.  But whatever.  For all the cared a dragon could have burped underground.  As long as she could get in that cave, and get that treasure.  

She wasn't entirely sure what was even going to be in the cave anyway.  Maybe a mummy or something.  Who knows.  As long as it's something.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:27 AM

So yeah.  Now she was here.  And now she was listening to some old woman who hated life talk about stuff she knew nothing about.  She was talking about staying hydrated or something right now.  The couple who were dumping water over there heads were gonna be screwed.  She had at least had the foresight to bring a couple canteens with her, along with some emergency nutrition bars.  Just in case she got stuck somewhere.  But she was too good for that of course.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/12/2017 12:29 AM

Fforia focused herself back into reality.  The woman was still blathering, but at least she was starting to talk about the cave again.  Something about it having been existing for centuries or something, and possibly having many secret passageways and such.

"Will it have booby traps?"  The child asked, snickering to himself at the mention of the word "booby."  His mother cuffed him over the head.

"We have had our many researchers and safety officers go through before us!  The preordained path has been fully secured for us!"  The kid looked upset.  Fforia was upset too.  No fun if there's no danger.  But she wasn't going to be staying on the preset path.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/13/2017 5:45 PM

Some people asked a few more questions.  Fforia decided to tune them out for the meantime.  None of them seemed to be interesting or even that important to the situation.  After what seemed like forever, the group finally seemed t o be moving.  

"Oh, where's the bathrooms?"  Fforia asked, trying to create an alibi for when she slipped away later.  The perfect plan.  all she'd have to do is pretend she had to pee, and then slip away.  If anyone wondered where she'd gone, it'd be much too awkward to go check on her.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/14/2017 12:31 AM

"Yes.  Where are the bathrooms."  The man that had his face in a brochure the whole time responded, putting a hand on his hip in annoyance.  "This pamphlet says nothing about bathrooms.  It has nothing important in it at all.  Such an outrage."

The tour guide's face twitched, but she returned a smile to the man.  "I am sorry to hear that!  I will let the people who make them know.  Well, obviously, there are no bathrooms inside the actual cave.  You must exit to use it."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/14/2017 12:33 AM

The man seemed annoyed, but did not say anything further.  

What, do you expect them to tear down a priceless piece of history just so you can take a dump in there?  What a moron.  These people don't even deserve to go in this place.  Fforia couldn't help but smirk.  I guess it's a good thing that what I'm going to do is illegal, so idiots like this don't ruin it for anyone else.  It's really just a test to prove you deserve to see the cool things, if you really think about it.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/20/2017 11:57 PM

"Well I'll be sure to leave if I need to use the restroom.  If I don't make it back I probably just went back to my hotel.  Haha, sometimes all that walking really poops you out, right guys?"  The other tourists nodded in agreement.  Pigs.  They were so damn sweaty she could feel the heat radiating off them.  She hoped that they wouldn't have to bail mid-tour and cause her any unneeded witnesses.

She realized she was being a bit harsh on them, but she just wasn't in a very good mood.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/20/2017 11:59 PM

Well.  None of these tourists were mind readers anyway.  So she didn't have to worry about them hating her for her nasty thoughts.  Wait, maybe there was a mind reader.

Cough if you're a mind reader.  

She waited a few seconds, holding her breath.  Besides a grumble from the grumpy man as he went back to his oh so important pamphlet, there was no sound.  Ok.  Good.  It'd kind of suck if one of them snitched on her because they were a mind reader.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/21/2017 12:01 AM

Gods.  Finally.  Oh so frickin' finally.  They seemed to be actually moving into the cave.  It felt like hours since they first got to the actual damned entrance in the first place.  And then...

"Mommy!  Dolly is gone!"

Fforia didn't think about the fact that this twelve year old boy had a dolly.  Or that he was bawling his eyes out over it.  Or the fact that this kid brought a dolly with him on this important scientific expedition.  Or that a kid was even here at all.

... Or that the Dolly was right next to her.

... She kicked it under an overhanging rock.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 07/02/2018 4:49 PM

Luckily, it appeared that the missing dolly was a perfect distraction for the explorer to slip away into the dark coolness of the cave.  It was pretty easy to get out of sight of the others, lots of twists and turns along with places to duck into and crevasses to squeeze yourself in.  She'd rather not do that though, too many horror stories of people getting stuck and slowly starving to death.

Shudder.

She pushed the thought from her head and ducked into the first passageway big enough for her to crouch comfortably in.  Hopefully it lead somewhere.  She was hopeful due to the big "Do not enter priceless artifact!" Signs.

[Wild Pet Found]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items