With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Kyrit » 08/16/2009 11:33 PM

No last name..? Well, she had met someone that didn't know her last name at all, so it wasn't like she really felt like complaining. Surely there were a few people that just didn't like giving out a last name. She liked her last name though, so she didn't mind telling it to anyone she met. It reminded her of 'libra', and she had always had a fond liking to the zodiac. She didn't read her horoscope daily, but she did like the constellations and what not. It was an interesting view on how things would happen in one's life.

Snapping back to attention as Neil spoke again, Faye held on to him lightly. She didn't know what else to hold on to, so she just didn't hold on to him all that tightly. That way if he had meant for her to hold on to something else, he hopefully wouldn't get mad. "Oh! I think I see Sketre up ahead. That purple-ish thing in the distance." Hopefully she wasn't just seeing things.

Sketre was getting seriously annoyed by now. Had he really gone that far from the girl...? Well.. he had been running. There was no telling how far they had gotten from her, and since she had been walking instead of running, she surely wasn't right behind him. After a while though, it seemed as though he could finally see something in the distance. Something... that looked a lot like the thing that had almost run over him and the idiotic human girl.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Sand Pirate on the run (Me and Draiz)

Postby HunnyBun » 08/17/2009 12:01 AM

Feeling the girl grabbing hold of him didn't distress Neil in any way.
It just meant she was ready and prepared.
When she had motioned that the one she was looking for was visible.
Neil quickly realized the Pirate had gotten away.
He gritted his teeth quietly to his self.
But still knew he had to drop her off to her friend.
Whipping the strains once again, Kabaho reared up and kicked it into high gear.

Ebony looked back.
She could faintly see the Akail still walking away.
That was good, it seemed he was really done with them.
She smiled even wider.
But the smile disappeared when she saw a cloud of dust just beyond the Akail.
The Bounty Hunter.
He was so close.
Ebony wiped Tsite to go faster.
If they didn't hurry, the Hunter would spot them easy when he met with the Akail.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2009 1:55 AM

As the Riopath drew even closer, Sketre stopped walking, his claws digging in to the sand. With his tail thrashing about behind him, the Akail let out a loud hiss. He knew that this person obviously wasn't bad, or at least he supposed so since the human girl was with him, but he wanted to make sure that they knew that making the wrong move near him meant he'd lash out at them. He wasn't going to allow someone to almost run over him for a second time in one day.

"Ah! Yeah. That's Sketre!" She had shouted that a tad bit louder than she meant to, but maybe with the wind lapping at them it was a good thing she spoke up a bit more. One hand had let go of him, the other holding on slightly tighter as she pointed at the Void Akail. "I'm sure that if we ask, he'd be willing to let you know which way the person you're following went."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/27/2009 6:28 PM

Neil nodded and pulled on the reigns.
"Whoa boy, whoa." He said softly.
Kabaho slowed to a trot and came nearer to the Akail.
Neil studied the Akail and saw it's threats.
"Do not worry Akail, we are here to drop off this fine lady who seems to be with you." He called out as Kabaho came slowly closer.
Then when they were but a few feet away he stopped.
Turning sideways from the wild creature so the gal could get down.

Ebony looked back.
The cloud had disappeared.
That meant the Hunter had stopped.
She smirked.
Pulled on the reigns.
And turned Tsite around.
"Lets go spy on them, why don't we?" She devilishly said.
Whipping again, Tsite galloped off.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2009 10:49 PM

As Kabaho slowed down, Sketre seemed to relax slightly, although he didn't full let his guard down. His eyes looked upward toward the human girl, watching as she got down and came closer to him. Oddly enough, he hissed at even her, although it was for the fact that she had started to 'pet' him, her hand patting his maw. He was no pet of hers to treat like a common animal. He was only with her for any treasure that they may come upon.

"You shouldn't run off like that. There's no telling what's out here, Sketre. Plus it's so hot and there's no water for miles." Like Faye had any right to be saying things like that. She was far more likely to get hurt than him since she wasn't a fighter, and she was also the one that couldn't deal well with heat. He was cold blooded, so the warmth was good. The sunlight though... well, he wasn't a fan of the sunlight at all. There was no shade out here, and he was used to very little light. "Anyways... Do you know which way the other erm..." She didn't know what the Rathril was, so she was unsure as to what to call it. "Er.. Do you know where the others went? Neil is following them."

Nipping at the girl's hand to get her to pull it away from him, the Akail looked over at Neil and nodded. "Could sshow you where they went for a pricce." While he was mad enough at Ebony and Tsite for almost running them over that the thought came to show Neil the way instantly, Sketre never passed up the chance to gain something.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/27/2009 11:31 PM

Neil gave the Akail a look over.
He then jumped from Kabaho's back.
He thought he'd be respective to them.
"Well, how about we see if your directions lead me to them, and if your right, then I'll pay." He bargained with the Akail.
He gave a devilish smirk which could be noticed through his mask.

Ebony eased up on the straps.
She wanted to sneak up on them.
Dodging behind a giant rock, she examined the group.
It seemed the Akail was there, and the girl they passed earlier was there.
She then noticed the Bounty Hunter.
She gritted her teeth.
How she hated that man.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2009 12:04 AM

Beginning to circle the man and hid mount, Sketre looked both of them up and down, as if looking for anything of value. "What would you givesss me? Musst me ssomething interessting." Moving a bit closer to Kabaho, Sketre's tongue flicked out, as if to taste the air around him. "And how do I know you will keep your word?"

"Sketre.." Faye stepped closer to him, frowning. What if it was important that Neil catch up to the other right away? Currently it felt like all they were doing was keeping him from following. "Just lead the way. Please? If Neil doesn't have anything to give you, you should still tell him which way. It's the nice thing to do." Sadly, Faye didn't even know if Neil was the good guy or the bad guy. For all she knew, Neil could be trying to kill Ebony, while the other might not have done anything wrong.

Letting out a soft hiss, the Akail glanced over at the human girl, moving away from Kabaho. "Iss not here to do the 'right' thing... Left Craissss for treassuress after all."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/28/2009 12:24 AM

"Don't worry Miss, we'll give him something." He replied.
He didn't want to argue.
The more they waited, the further she got.
"I can off this." He added.
Pulling a jewel from the satchel on Kabaho's back.
Kabaho snorted at this.
But Neil just petted his mane.

What Neil didn't know was that Ebony wasn't to far away.
She was watching them as they spoke.
But her eyes widen when she saw what the Bounty Hunter pulled from his bag.
"I never knew he had something like that." She said softly.
Tsite scoffed at her.
As if to say "Your not dumb enough to try".

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2009 12:34 AM

A smile tugged at his scaled lips, looking at the jewel. "Alright. I will sshow you which way they went..." While he wasn't quite sure what it was worth, if it was worth anything at all, it was a jewel. It was quite colorful and had managed to catch his interest. "Jussst make ssure you follow me." His eyes darted over to Faye again, breaking from the jewel for the time being. "Sshe sshould ride on the creature againss.. Can't carry her and sspeed iss needed."

Faye shook her head at the sight of the smile on the Akail's face. Well... at least he was going to show them where they had gone. "Is it alright if I come with you guys? If you'd rather not let me ride, I could always wait here after all." She'd prefer to go with them, but she didn't want to slow them down in any way.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/28/2009 12:48 AM

Neil nodded.
He was happy to spark interest in the Akail's head.
Then he looked to the girl.
"Climb on, I nor Kabaho don't mind." He replied.
He held out his hand.
Waiting for her to grasp it so he could pull her up.

Ebony dunked her head behind the rock.
"Seems their gonna look for us." She said to Tsite with a grin.
She knew that meant she had a chance at the jewel.
But Tsite didn't like the sound of this.
He seemed to moan to her.
But Ebony didn't pay attention.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2009 12:57 AM

"Alright. Thank you." With a smile, Faye took hold of his hand to help get on Kabaho's back. Once she was seated, her amethyst eyes fell down upon Sketre, giving a slight nod. "Alrighty. Looks like we're ready when you are." Hopefully they hadn't wasted too much time trying to get the Akail to agree to lead them to Ebony. Well, at least even if they didn't run in to them right away, they could lead them in the right direction.

Watching closely, waiting on the human girl to be prepared, Sketre's tongue flicked out again. Once they were all ready, he turned back to the way he had come from and began to run across the sand. Hopefully this would serve as great payback to them for almost running him over and also trying to slice him with a sword. The payment made it all the sweeter. "Will have to go fassst to make up for losst time." he called back to them, speeding up in the direction he had seen the others go.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/28/2009 1:10 AM

Neil lashed the straps.
Kabaho reared up again.
Then took off after the Akail.
Kabaho didn't trust the wild creature.
He snorted to Neil.
But Neil just petted him again.

Ebony jumped to Tsit's back.
"We gotta keep up with them, but stay in the shadows and rock." She said.
Whipping the reigns.
Tsite didn't move.
Ebony kicked.
But still nothing.
"It will be okay." Ebony said softly and petted him.
He purred slightly.
Then took off.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2009 1:20 AM

As Kabaho reared up, Faye's hand lightly grabbed on to Neil's shoulder in surprise. Had she been a split second slower, she probably would have ended up on the sand below. Seemed like for once she had actually had a tiny bit of luck. Most of the time she would have been too slow or something, causing her to fall and get left behind.

Sketre seemed to slow down from time to time, looking around with tongue flicking out. Something... Didn't feel right. As if they had changed paths. He knew this was the way they had gone for sure, but at the same time he also knew that while he was heading back to Faye and they had all stopped to chatter, the two that were on the run could have come back their way, or just turned to take a different direction.

{Posts recorded to here}
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/28/2009 1:48 AM

Neil studied the Akail again.
He seemed to act weird.
"Is everything alright?" He asked.
Hoping the whipping wind would not muffle his words.

Ebony watched them.
Making sure not to get caught.
She made her plan as Tsite galloped.
"We'll have to be fast." She said to herself.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2009 2:01 AM

Slowing down over time until he stopped, that way the others wouldn't have to make a sudden stop, Sketre looked back at Neil and shook his head. "Iss.. doessn't ssmell right..." They couldn't follow tracks in the sand due to the fact that the sand was constantly getting blow around, but he could still use his sense of smell. Well, to a degree at least. Smells didn't linger too long when the sand moved too much. "Ssscent sshould be sstronger if they were sstill going this way."

A small frown tugged at Faye's lips. So.. They had lost them. It was probably their fault too for holding them up for so long. "Do you think you could pick up on their trail at least...?" She had faith that even though they weren't going the right way, at least he could find something for them.

"Iss would be hard... but can try." Once again, his tongue started to flick out, lowering his maw closer to the ground.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext