With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Just another exploration, right? [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/28/2009 8:42 PM

Enya wasn't too particularly sure as to why she'd come out here, to Wilt'no, when there were plenty of other places to explore.  There was Jawan, with its seas, for instance; or Medicai, with its impressive edifice.  Heck, there was even Basantha with its Hunters or Craiss with its hunters, or even Nu'san with its peaceful nature.

But no, she'd chosen to come out here, to Wilt'no.

She didn't know why someone of her nature--one that could easily be mistaken as a Fae queen--would even think of braving Wilt'no and its hot temperatures, but she finally decided that it was maybe because she didn't want to go to Idalani with its falls or any of the other places within Evelon that were... over-populated with explorers.

I sure hope that I didn't make a mistake coming here... she thought to herself as she carefully treaded along.

[1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Just another exploration, right? [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/28/2009 8:51 PM

The Kitrell was in her human form, and she was certainly not dressed for Wilt'no.  She was wearing a purple silk dress with thin straps, with midnight-colored chains that bore celestial emblems--a moon and a few stars--within them.  On her head was a crown of leaves and branches, with a pearl set within the center.  She also carried a spear in one hand, except, by most standards, it was a staff, and not a spear; for at the end, instead of a spearhead, there was a crescent-shaped topper.

I wish there were more people that had been to Wilt'no that could tell me what to expect from Wilt'no.  I don't think there's too much to do around here...

This, of course, was what Enya thought before she saw a rather peculiar hole that looked like it went down into the ground, out of the heat.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/28/2009 8:59 PM

Naturally, the human-form Kitrell wanted to get out of the heat, so she ventured closer to the mysterious hole.  She knew better, however, than to just rush into the cave.  After all, it could be a DesertHorn Paragon, just waiting for some prey... she thought, looking around for a rock to throw into the cave.  As soon as she found one, she tossed it in, as delicately as she could.

Nothing happened.

...wait, Enya.  Maybe it IS a DesertHorn, but it's used to these tricks. She thought, but then, she shook her head as she said, "No.  If it were a DesertHorn, it would have made some sort of reaction, even if it is used to this trick." As she said this, she took a few daring steps inward to the hole.

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/28/2009 9:15 PM

After a few tentative steps, Enya breathed a sigh of relief and began walking a little faster.  If it were a DesertHorn, it would have swallowed me by now. She thought to herself, giving a slight chuckle as she carefully walked along.  She continued to look around, noticing that it looked more like a tunnel than what might be the inside of a DesertHorn.

Okay... so far, so good.  I mean, it's sparsely lit, but at least it's cooler than it is outside.  And who knows what kind of amazing things could be hiding within this place... but... what is this place? she asked herself, looking around again, trying to ascertain where--or what--this place was.

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/28/2009 9:35 PM

So far, Enya was rather fascinated by what she was seeing within the tunnel; but she was also a little... disappointed.  Okay.  I mean, this place is cool and all, but... I'm not liking the lack of people and things here... she thought as she looked around again, her eyes trying to pick up on anything that she might have missed before.  However, nothing was catching her eyes yet.

Okay.  So I've established that this is some sort of a tunnel, and there must be something at the end of it, but what? she asked herself, still looking around as she ventured deeper into the tunnel.

The Imeut flicked his tail slightly as his scarab companion clicked its wings rapidly, but he made no moves to get up.  "Look, Kamenwati, there's never been anyone that has come out of here before; why would anyone come here now?  There is no need for me to take on my human form to meet them, for they will not free me."

Another few clicks from Kamenwati caused Set to raise his head and glare at the scarab.  "Kamenwati... honestly.  There is NO ONE out there that is coming to release us out of this crypt." He said, but regardless, the scarab moved over to Set's golden wrist adornment and began polishing it.

"You are impossible, you know that?" he asked, closing his eyes as Kamenwati clicked some more and made a few scoffing sounds.

[2.0][1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 10:01 AM

Enya continued to look around as she walked further and further into the tunnel, turning her head at the slightest sound.  In her opinion, she could never be too cautious when exploring new areas, especially when they were underground and bore ancient markings--similar to Egyptian heiroglyphs--that continued to baffle her.

"These markings are rather fascinating... I've never seen anything like them anywhere in Evelon..." she said quietly, gently tracing one of them as she looked over the rest of them.  She kept seeing a few key characters, including one that looked like an Anubis-like figure.

"...I wonder..." Enya said quietly to herself, moving further down the tunnel.

"Kamenwati, don't you get it?  There is no one coming.  No one ever has... not since they put in that puzzle to prevent us from being released." Set said, curling up as best he could until Kamenwati bit him, making more insistent clicking noises.

There is a woman coming with an innate gift for riddles and puzzles.  You must prepare yourself!

Set growled slightly as he stretched out nonetheless, but still did not take on a human form.  "Just because the person that is coming is a female, Kamen, does not mean that she will free us.  Besides, don't you remember that part of the curse is that only those small enough to fit through these little rat-holes can get through?  And that any person that passes the barrier is forced into their pet form?"

[2.1][1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 10:20 AM

As Enya continued to walk, she slowly began to decipher the heiroglyphs that she was seeing.  "Descendant of Anubis... locked away within... solve the puzzle..." she muttered as she deciphered the heiroglyphs, but a few key ones evaded her.  She continued to walk along, her dress flowing elegantly behind her and her staff clicked against the floor with each step she took.

"Okay, so there's a puzzle, there's a 'descendant of Anubis', which I'm taking to mean an Imeut, and they're obviously sealed away within this place.  I know there's probably more to it than that, but..."

Here, she stopped as she looked down the hallway to see a door with several different tiles that one could press down on it, but each of the tiles was too small to press with her fingers--or even the tip of her staff.  Whoever's sealed away within there... they obviously were not meant to get out of there.  But what could they have done?  Imeuts aren't supposed to be evil...

Kamenwati resumed his persistent clicking as Set paced about the crypt, but he turned abruptly as he heard Kamen mention something about the girl being at the threshhold of the barrier.  Set instantly walked to the door, glancing through one of the tiny holes that he and Kamen had managed to get through the door.  When he saw Enya, however, he was breathtaken by her.

"Kamen... look at her!  She's... she is simply enchanting." Set murmured softly as Kamen clicked something along the lines of, Now all of a sudden you mind not that you get to leave this place...

[2.2][1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 1:49 PM

Enya paused for a moment before she took another few tentative steps forward, and her body was assaulted by a tingling sensation.  She blinked as she felt her arms beginning to recede into her body and her legs shrink down to their normal size, and from her back emerged an elegant pair of feathered wings.  Her body continued to shrink down until she was just barely two feet tall, with lavender eyes and white fur.

"...well this certainly is a bit of a predicament." Enya said as she stared at her staff, which was laying beside her.  Nevertheless, she bravely continued forward, leaping up and flying as she continued to look around.

Set, however, seemed to still be amazed by this curious female that had stumbled into his home.  "A Kitrell... most curious, indeed.  I would not have guessed that she would be something so... small, from what I saw of her human form..." he said, his heart beginning to race as she ventured closer to the door.  Kamenwati rolled his eyes as he made more clicking noises; Someone, bring him back to Evelon, please...

[2.3][1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 5:20 PM

Enya flew gingerly towards the door, her ears perked curiously forward as she reached the door.  She noticed that there were a few holes in the door, just large enough to look through.  She peered through the hole to catch a glimpse of what looked to be an Imeut.

"Hello?  Who's in there?"

She asked this quietly, just above a whisper, and Set perked up instantly, running over to the hole where Enya was glancing through.  He was still amazed to be met with the soft, lavender eyes of a Kitrell, but he kept his voice composed while Kamen clicked a little more.

"I--Set, an Imeut.  We are commonly referred to as the 'descendants of Anubis', the Egyptian God of Death." He said.  "Please, please tell me that you have come to free me... please, tell me that you can free me from this place." He pleaded.

[2.4][2.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 5:27 PM

Enya tilted her head when she saw the Imeut come to the little hole that she was looking through.  "If you're referring to that riddle that I saw on my way in here, then yes... I suppose I can free you.  I didn't see any hints on my way in, though--my knowledge of Egyptian writing is... a little lax, I guess you could say..."

She shook her head after a moment and flew back to examine the tiles.  "I don't suppose you could give me any hints, would you?" she asked, looking at the various tiles carefully.

Set thought for a moment before he replied.  "All I know is that there are only three tiles that can actually be pressed, and only a small pet, such as a Kitrell or a Ttee, can press them.  You need to find all three tiles, and press them in a specific order.  But, beware if you do not press them in the right order--this place was made as a death-trap for those that would free me."

"Why?" Enya asked, her eyes curious as she flew closer to the wall again.

[3.0][2.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 5:35 PM

Enya looked carefully at the tiles, noticing that some seemed to be tinier than the others--just big enough for her little foot to press in.  "Any hints as to which tile I must press first?" she asked, looking around for the other two tiles.  For a few minutes, she waited to hear the voice of the Imeut again, gently beating her wings to keep her afloat.

"West, north, south."

Set said this carefully, and after a good many minutes.  Enya gave a rather ammoyed sigh as she said, "Simplify for the directionally-impared, please.  I might be able to read a compass, but that's because it's there.  Without it, I'm flailing in the water."

"Left-most, top-most, and bottom-most." Set said after a few moments, beginning to pace nervously.  Enya could tell this because she could hear the dull click-click of his claws against the sandstone floor.  Glancing around nervously, she tried to find the left-most tile, her eyes darting around at every little sound.

[3.1][2.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 5:45 PM

Finally, Enya spotted the other two tiles in question: one to the far-left of the wall, and one towards the bottom of it.  "You said left, top, then bottom, right?" she asked, her voice strained with anticipation as she waited for the "negative" or "affermative" from Set.  It took a few minutes, but Set finally spoke.

"That is correct."

As these words left Set's mouth, Enya gingerly pushed the first tile in.  When nothing happened, she flew up and pressed the top-most of the three tiles, and then she pressed the lower one.  A cloud of dust flew out as a gentle hiss was heard, followed by grinding stone.  Enya's heart began racing as she landed to shield herself from the dust, coughing slightly as she waited for the dust to settle.

[3.2][2.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 5:52 PM

When the dust settled, Enya was surprised to find herself curled up in her human form; however, she was no longer in her Fae-style dress.  Instead, she was in an Egyptian-style dress, with bracelets and anklets, and an ankh pendant around her neck.  She took the pendant in her hand before she looked up.

"What...?"

As she asked this, Set stepped forward, standing tall in his human form.  The headdress that he had as an Imeut was still there, as was his cobra wristband.  The sapphire-encrusted ahnk that was normally on his tail was now around his neck, and his blue eyes were shining with complete admiration.

"Milady... I owe you my life."

He said this as he stepped forward in his Egyptian-style garb, holding out his hand for Enya to take.  When she did take his hand , he said, "I am called Set, as I told you before.  What is the name of my savior that freed me from my crypt?"

[3.3][2.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2009 6:04 PM

"E...Enya.  My name is Enya."

As Enya said this, she felt her cheeks flare up with blush.  She allowed Set to help her up before she withdrew her hand, looking down at the golden anklets and bracelets that she now bore.  The dress that she now wore was just a few shades off from her normal garb; however, the style was completely different.  She reached up to feel her hair and discovered tiny, golden adornments there.

"Wh... what happened?  I mean, I know that I freed you and all, but... these were not the clothes I wore before I came into this chamber..."

Set crossed his arms as he thought for a moment.  This change in her garb was also unexpected for him; at least, her garb.  He'd often wore the same outfit he was wearing now for special ceremonies and the like, but she... she'd never once been in the Egyptian realm, he could tell; after all, she herself said that her knowledge of heiroglyphs was a bit lax.

"I... I am afraid I do not know, Enya.  But, we can always explore this predicament." He said.

[3.4][3.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/01/2009 6:27 PM

"Exploring?  I'm up for that."

Enya gave a small smile and a nod as she said this, looking back the way from which she had come to get to the crypt.  She paused as she thought about the tunnel beforehand before she spoke again, and when she did, her voice was rather strained, as though she was thinking about something.

"I think there might be more tunnels to explore back that way... I wasn't paying much attention when I came down here to tell if there were more tunnels."

"You would be right, Enya.  There are, of course, many more tunnels to be seen here, and I'm sure I could help you find them.  After all, I've only been in this crypt for a few hundred years; Kamenwati here has done plenty of exploring on his own on behalf of me.  Of course... that was before they figured out how to seal him up in here as well."

He thought for a moment, and then, started to walk off down the tunnel, stopping only to turn around and wait for Enya to follow after him.

[4.0][3.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate