With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: .:Lost in Heat (Open, I Welcome All!):.

Postby Flowza » 11/28/2009 7:32 PM

Minnie frowned at thought of people living under sand dunes, "But Dieppo, isn't that impossible for living civilization to live under sand dunes?  I've never heard such a thing!"  Minnie started to look around for any sight of creatures.  She began to feel nervous as her mind generated the worst possibilities,  Any kind of creature could be watching us right now.  They could be murderous!   Minnie shivered at the thought of sleeping there another night.  "Ummm, I think I was taught once how to read a star...I just can't really remember".  Frusterated with her memory loss, Minnie stepped into the water pond to cool her axienty.  "I do think it is a good idea to stay where we are, but to be honest, I'm kind of getting scared of the dangers out here" Minnie admitted, waiting to see if the other two would say something.

(Love the voice colour!  :yay: )
You always seemed so sure
That one day we'd be fighting a suburban war
your part of town against mine
I saw you standing on the opposite shore
But by the time the first bombs fell
We were already bored

We were already, already bored
Sometimes I can't believe it
I'm movin' past the feeling

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 393
Donate
Location: In a Dream *correction* I'm not? Hehe well that changes alot

Postby Rabid » 11/28/2009 9:38 PM

Sio shook her head at the question of star-reading. Who would know something so useless? Well, apparently Minnie did, the weirdo. And she went into the water! Really, what was wrong with her? Sio stared at her like she was crazy - which she was, in Sio's opinion - and gave an exasperated shake of her head.

Whatever. She mewed. I could help with that hole, if you'd like. She gleefully offered. Without waiting for an answer, she jumped into the partially-dug hole and began to assist.

Pfsh, at least it's an awesome/normal color. xP Sio's voice/thoughts are salmon for crying out loud. x3

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby BlackFox4498 » 12/04/2009 11:48 PM

"Ok, thanks," Deippo said as the Kuhna helped him dig.  "How long do you think we'll be here?"  He asked absentmindedly.  They dug pretty deep, when he decided to take a break.  "Well," he said, breathing heavily, "the desert sun sure can take a lot out of somebody."  He walked over to the water and drank some, then tried climbing a palm, which was a teensy bit hard for him.  After satisfing himself with a coconut, he went back to digging.  Then, all of a sudden, he heard a loud CLUNK when he dug his paw into the sand.  "Oowww..." he said, silently cursing under his breath.  "What is that?"  He looked back down and used his un-ingured paw to clear away some sand.  "H-hey!  Look!"  He said with excitement, beconing to Minnie and Sio, who were both taking a break in the shade of the palms.  "Hurry up now-  in there!"  He motioned to the hole, awaiting the response of the two kuhnas.

((XD  sorry about this post, I just couldn't help it.  Finding something is the first thing that pops onto my head when digging, ya know?  :P  ))
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3
Donate

Postby Flowza » 12/05/2009 10:25 AM

Minnie was surprised by the sudden cry of Dieppo.  She jumped to her paws and ran to the hole to see what had caused him to be so excited.  She ran to the edge of the hole and quickly glanced at what seemed to be a metal type thing but what caught her eye was that Dieppo seemed to be injured.  She was curious about what he had found but that could wait.  Its not like they were in a huge hurry.  She may have forgotton where she lived but that didn't mean she forgoten about her abilities.  She rubbed her paws together and softly touched Dieppo's injured paw.  She hoped that his injury was only minor for that was all that she could heal with her healing touch.  She looked up at his pumpkin head and smiled.  He was really kind to her that day and the day before.  She was glad to try and help, "Does that feel better?" Minnie asked, still smiling.  She finally realized that she could now take her paw off his and did so immediatly.  She blushed, "Sorry" she mumbled, embarressd by her silliness.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 12/05/2009 2:20 PM

While Minnie was being a good soul and helping Deippo, Sio was acting like a loon. Not like a duck loon, but a crazy loon. She dashed over screaming What?! I'll kill it, I'll kill it! and lunged into the hole. She glanced around, a fierce snarl on her face. When she didn't see anything, her tails and fur fell to their original positions. Sio glanced up at the creepy pumpkin face and looked at him like he was the crazy one. She grumbled about something as she took a few steps back to inspect whatever Deippo had found. Well, what is it?

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BlackFox4498 » 12/10/2009 9:01 AM

Deippo thanked Minnie for healing him, smiled, and said triuphetly,"It's a box."  He looked at both of them and added,"And it hurts."  He didn't know what was in it, or what it was for, or why it was there, but gosh darnit, he found it.  Just a little part of him inside that treasures every little thing he finds.  He touched it again, and said,"It's cold."  Then he tried clearing some sand off and said,"It's shiny..."  If his eyes had pupils, the'd be the size of his face right now.  Shiny= :) Kuhna.  He tried to open the top, but it was sealed shut and being in a hole didn't help any.  "Hey," he asked, "Wanna try gettin' it out of the hole?  C'mon..."  He turned around and made some sort of makeshift slope, then slipped behind the box to push.  It hardly budged.  He tried again, with no luck.  He looked at the two kuhnas and said,"Help?  I wanna see what's inside.  The box.  That we found.  In the hole."  He looked at them and waited patiently for their answer.
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3
Donate

Postby Flowza » 12/10/2009 10:17 AM

Minnie's jaw dropped and eyes widened when she caught sight of the box.  She tilted her head staring at the shiny box.  It twinkled and winked as the sunlight shone off it and Minnie found herself watching the box with pure amazment.  Way off in the distance, as if in another world, Minnie could hear Dieppo's voice asking for help.  But its just soo pretty..., Minnie could hear herself thinking.  Suddenly she forced herself back into reality.  Shaking her head and blinking wildly she responded, "Oh yeah...sure no problem" still dazed by her reaction to the mysterious box.  Minnie found an open area on the box and placed her paws upon it.  A chill was sent up her spine as she touched the cold object.  "ah! That is Cold".  She figured it was because the cold sand had refrigerated the box for so long.  Something else was a little more suspicious of the odd package but she ignored the thought and placed her paws back on the box like she had previously done before and waited to push the object out of its hiding spot.

(edit: Extracting Minnie out since the story stopped)
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 12/10/2009 10:40 PM

One of the good points of being aligned with two extremes - hot and cold - would be an exceptionally swift adaptation to temperature change. When Sio placed her paws on the box, the only thing that registered in her mind was Feels nice. She tried pushing with her paws, but ended up pushing herself away from the box. She eventually slid so far that she fell into the sand with a quiet Oof! She supposed it wasn't a good idea to try and move it while the other two were resting their weight on it. She repositioned herself and looked to Deippo, waiting for his signal to move.

{edit: Pulling Sio outta this since it died}

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous