With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

.:Lost in Heat (Open, I Welcome All!):.

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/17/2009 8:29 PM

Deiphobous  'Deippo', Male, Headless Kuhna

"No, I'm not lost.  the Field should be just around the corner.  No, Mr., I don't need help getting there.  Yes, It's hot here." Deippo found himself talking to a cactus like a madman.  The heat was almost driving him insane.  It was true, he wasn't lost; he knew he was in the desert.  What desert?  Pfft, how should he know?  Clueless Kuhna, remember?  So, yah, maybe he was lost...  He got there because there was a path, and it was dry.  And he was curious.  So he followed it.  And he got lost.  He stepped away from the cactus and turned tward the his left.  "Oooo!  Look!  Water," he said to the cactus.  He walked about a mile to where he thought he had seen water. "Someone drank it up,"  he said sadly.  There he was, in the middle of nowhere, gasping for air.  He was so thirsty that he dug hole, which was not a very large one, and said, "Who wants me to die in it?"  And then he simply fell asleep, though it was the middle of the day.  Surely, at some point, with the sun beating down on him, someone would stumble upon him.  Surely.
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3
Donate

Re: :.Lost in Heat (Open, I Welcome All!):.

Postby Flowza » 11/18/2009 8:37 PM

Image Common Kuhna

Minnie looked up at the sun, feeling its heat melt her like a popsicle.  "Ugh! Its soo hot!" she complained, half yelling at herself for even thinking of entering the dessert.  She had forgeten why she even wanted to travel across the dessert.  Why am I even here?! She wondered to herself, feeling the heat of annoyance bubble up in head as she tried to remember.  Minnie started to feel herself getting dizzy as she tried to walk straight.  She felt someting catch her foot as she felt he burning hot sand hit her face as she fell to the sandy ground.  She pushed herself up to a sitting position, spitting out the remains of sand that flew into her mouth.  Minnie rubbed her head, feeling all of a sudden woken with the surpise of the fall.  She turned around to see what had tripped her and gasped at the sight.  She saw a strange creature but reconized the shape of the body as a kuhna.  It seemed to be lying in a dug hole.  She was relieved when she saw the kuhna's body rise and fall and heard the sound of soft breathing.  Minnie waited silently to see if a reaction would come from the headless kuhna.
You always seemed so sure
That one day we'd be fighting a suburban war
your part of town against mine
I saw you standing on the opposite shore
But by the time the first bombs fell
We were already bored

We were already, already bored
Sometimes I can't believe it
I'm movin' past the feeling

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 393
Donate
Location: In a Dream *correction* I'm not? Hehe well that changes alot

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/18/2009 10:21 PM

Deippo stood up and shook his head.  "Oooo..."  he began rubbing his side where the Kuhna had baisicly kicked him when she tripped.  He looked at her and started dancing in glee.  "Living!  Living creature!  Kuhna, too!"  Then he stopped and said,"Hi.  I'm Deippo.  I'm thirsty.  Who are you?"  He looked at the sky and saw large birds circling above him.  "Look!" he said, streaching his pumpkin-head so far back that he fell over.  Then he got up and looked at the Common Kuhna again.  "Do you have any water?  I was over there, and I came over here because I saw water, but someone drank it,"  he said sadly and stupidly.  "Hmmm...  where, exactly, might we be?"  Obviously, the sun had made him quite confused.  He was also one for getting himself lost, so not knowing where he was came naturally to him.  "It's hot."  Then he colapsed in the sand again, though this time awake. "I'm thirsty,"  he repeated.
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/20/2009 6:34 PM

(Sorry it took me this long...)

Minnie eyed the headless kuhna suspiciously.  She made three notes in her head as to why she thought he was crazing,  #1. He was headless  #2.  He talked as if he was a child  #3. He had no clue where he was.   Minnie started to back away, feeling quite afraid of the stranger but her manners held her back.  Something else told Minnie that the creature meant well and she actually found him quite welcoming...in a strange way.  She decided to help the poor creature and spoke slowly to him just incase he couldn't understand well,  "Hello, I am Minnie.  We are in a desert which is a very hot dry place.  It is hard to find water but maybe I can help you."   She felt sorry for Dieppo and she wanted company in a lone desert.   Minnie closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on the smells surrounding her.   She has a talent (improved scent) that has always helped her in sticky situations.   At first, she could only smell the dry desert sand with a mix of reptile scents.  She could also smell the strong scent of pumpkin, hmm I wonder why she thought sarcastically.  Minnie put her skills to the test and tried to smell further than before.  She tried hard to smell the sweet clear scent that she knew as water.  Finally, she pinpointed the smell she longed for.  She hooked her mind to the fresh sweet scent and turned to look at Dieppo "I found, I mean, smell water!"   She exlaimed excitedly.  Minnie was quite thirsty herself from her own long travel.  "Follow me!" She told the kuhna.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Lost in Heat (Open, I Welcome All!):.

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/22/2009 12:02 PM

"Water,  Minnie!"  He said, following the Common Kuhna as they took off. "I don't smell it.  What's it smell like?"  More questions and crazy blabbering.  "I think I smell it.  No, that's the wind.  Look!  Sand clouds!"  Just ahead of them, in the distance, were large 'clouds' that seemed to be moving at an unbelivibly fast pace tward them.  "Sand Storm!"  He said, and and then added, "Is that bad, or are the rainfalls bad?  I forgot.  The desert makes things so confusing.  *sigh*  I think we should...hide?...dig?...run?"  He knew about this, but the sun was making him forget.  "Um..." he mumbled, sounding more concerned, "I think it's getting bigger...  What should we do, Minnie?"  

((sorry... RPblock here.  :P  hey, I like your signature.  Are those song verses from Fireflies by Owl City?  -is listening to it right now-))
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/22/2009 6:32 PM

Minnie frowned at Dieppo's comments of a sand storm.  She squinted to see to ahead of her.  Her jaw dropped at the sight of the large sand clouds.  "Oh my gosh!" Minnie gasped.  She felt panic erupt inside her as she tried to look for shelter in the middle of a desert.  Minnie started to hypervenolate as she relized there was no escape...until the idea hit her.  "Dieppo!"  she turned to the pumpkin head kuhna, "we have to run to your sleeping hole! Remember that one that your were lying in when I found you?  We have to get there fast...and start DIGGING!"  Minnie started to bolt for the only peice of hope they had...a hole?

((btw...I love a challenge and thx! Its actually not that hard to do that in your signature...:P  And yes those are Fireflies lyrics... I love 'em))
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/24/2009 3:50 PM

"Ahhh, ok.  Mah sleepy hole."  Deippo was just behind her as they bolted for his hole.  "There it is!"  He said, helping her dig more.  They had gotten it surprisingly deep when the wind really started kicking.  He and Minnie ducked down for a good amount of time before the whole thing blew over.  When it did, their hole was almost full of sand and themselves almost completely buried.  He dug himself back out, and then dug Minnie out, who hadn't moved and was barely a pile of sand. "Miiinnniiieeee...  Wake uuuuup!"  he whined.  Soon she did, coughing and hacking. "I didn't know clouds could be so mean,"  Deippo said thoughtfully.  Then he looked at Minnie and said, "Is your head full of sand, too?"  Then he looked down and shook his head back and forth.  Sand poured out of his eyes and mouth.  ((Just had to add that, him having a pumpkin head and all.   :yay: ))  "I'm thirsty.  Let's go to the water place now.  C'mon.  I think we went... that way!  Huh?  No?  O.k.  Uh, maybe you should lead..."

((Yup, Fireflies is awesome.  One of my top ten favorite songs.  :) Right behind Poker Face and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.   :P J.K.))
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/24/2009 9:12 PM

Minnie tried to swallow, feeling sand bits scratch down her throat giving her a sore throat.  "Ohhhh" she moaned, now she was really thirsty.  She tried to smell the clear sweet smell of water again, hoping the sand storm hadn't filled it.  After pinpointing the smell again, she sighed with the relief that the smell of water didn't have the dry sticky smell of sand.  "Follow me" she said to Dieppo, her voice raspy.  Minnie started to trot towards what she was hoping would be a source of water.  With Dieppo following her, Minnie smiled at the sight of a small pond, surrounded by palm trees, only a few yards ahead of them.  Her moods lifted as she started to bolt for the oasis.  After being in the cruel sand storm all she wanted to do was drink alot of water and relax in the shade a palm tree.

((Loved your Pumkin Head part  ^_^ )
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/24/2009 10:20 PM

Deippo followed Minnie tward the oasis.  When they reached the water, he did an all-out cannon ball.  "Mmmmmffff..." he said,  shakily standing up.  "W-who woulda guessed it'd be that shallow?" Then he bent over and drank to his fill.  "Ooooh, that's better.  Well, feel less light headed.  Thanks, Minnie."  Then he laid down in the shade of a palm tree and said, "It's getting late.  I'm gonna hit the sack."  And just as he said that, he fell asleep.  Soon the cold stillness of night crept over, and tempatures dropped.  He woke up constantly, and once he hunted around for a bit 'till he found some old palm leaves that had fallen, and when he found some, he placed them over Minnie who was huddled up by another palm.  Sure, he would have curled next to her to keep warm, but, well...  he just wasn't up for it.  But hopefully the palms would keep her warm enough.  So after that, he went back and fell asleep, to wait 'till morning to find out what to do about getting home...

((Thanks.  Couldn't resist.  :) ))
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/25/2009 3:23 PM

Minnie awoke to the sun streaming through the leaves above her in the palm tree she was lying under.  She opened her eyelids, finding herself in a area of other palm trees and a small pond, in the distance she could sand, lots and lots of it.  She started to panic, her eyes darting everywhere looking for some kind of memorabilia.  Soon her eyes focused on another kuhna with a pumpkin head and she was relieved when she remembered what happended that day before. Lets see... Dieppo and I found this oasis after being in a sandstorm and before that, I tripped over him...but what am I doing in a desert?  She wondered to herself finally relizing that she must have lost part of her memory in the heat of the desert and sighed in exasperation.  She started to get up when she could feel  the roughness of palm leaves sliding off her, What?! I don't remember falling asleep with palm---ohhh Minnie looked over at Dieppo aw....that was sweet of him .  Minnie shook the thought out of her head and tried to distract herself with another topic but her gaze kept on falling on Dieppo Should I wake him up?  Should I let him sleep?  She questioned herself.  She decided to let him sleep, he probably needed the rest.  She walked over to the pond and drank some water, the cool liquid sliding down her throat made it feel better from the sand storm.  Minnie noticed some coconuts up in one of the palm trees Hmmm...I could probably climb up there and get two for Dieppo and I?  Wait....does he eat? Minnie glanced at his pumpkin head and shrugged.  She would get a coconut for him too...just in case.

~5~
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 11/25/2009 3:49 PM

As Minnie began attempting to retrieve said coconuts, a partially eaten one fell from the tree with a small Woopsies! A black head popped out of the leaves of the tree, revealing the presence of what appeared to be a young kuhna. She gave a little grin and stuck out a paw to wave.

Hello down there! Her childish voice said. I'm Siofra! How'd you get stuck out here? It was that nasty storm, wasn't it? Not fun at all, that storm. Oh, were you hungry? Hold on, just a sec! Goodness, what a long-winded kuhna! Suddenly, it seemed to be raining coconuts. A few of the fuzzy seeds found their way to the ground, and nearly cracked open then and there. A calamikuhna slid down the poor palm tree, another coconut in her jaws. She jumped back just before a stray nut fell to the ground. She turned to Minnie and gave the best grin that she could past the coconut, her tails flicking to and fro. She spit out the coconut so she could talk some more. Oh grand.

Sorry 'bout that! So, how are you? Ya know, aside from the whole "lost in the desert" thing. She giggled, mentally congratulating herself on her wittiness. Because her last comment was absolutely hilarious, of course.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/25/2009 7:34 PM

Deippo woke up, shaking palm leaves off himself and looking around.  No use rubbing his eyes, since all he'd do is probably get his paw stuck in there. (( ;) )) He noticed Minnie and another Kuhna eating coconuts.  He walked over there and said, "Hey...  mind if I have some?  Oh and, hi, I'm Deippo."  He smiled at the new Kuhna, which was a little creepy since his mouth was of sharp-ish looking 'pumpkin-teeth.'  He sat by them and stared peeling of some coconut meat.  ((That is a good question, Flowza, and since I think they have stomachs, teeth, and mouths, I'm pretty sure they do.  :shrug:  ))  He ate some then said to the two, "Well, I think we 'ought to do something about being lost here...  I'd very much like to go home, as fun as it is here, but I don't think you'll enjoy me being delusional of the heat again, and, it's not like this oasis is gonna stay full of coconuts for long.  What do you think?"  While he waited for them to answer, he went to the pond and drank a little more.  Then he looked up again and said, "Well?"

((Hey, would you mind if I start coloring his voice like yours?  I think it's a good Idea, but I want to make sure you're all O.K. with it so you don't count it as 'copying' or something.   :oops: ))
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/26/2009 10:14 PM

huh! It looks Dieppo can eat Minnie commented mentally to herself, watching him as he ate parts of the coconut.  When Dieppo mentioned the fact that they needed to get back home, Minnie started to think more seriously about the sticky situation they were in.  "Yes..hm...I would like to get home but...I can't remeber where exactly that is" she said, still trying to remember how she had gotten to the desert.  Minnie looked over at Siofra, becoming more curious about the newly introduced kuhna.  "Do you know the desert well?" Minnie asked.  Maybe Siofra could help them...assuming she wasn't lost as wel..  :o

((Please do! Its also much easier to read if you colour his voice  :D ))
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 11/27/2009 1:43 AM

If it could be considered stealing, I would be a dirty dirty thief. xD

Sio ripped a particularly large chunk of coconut meat out of its shell, jingling the snowflake tag of her collar as she did so. She ate it much like the stereotypical gyrraptor - tilt head back, bite a few times, and swallow. She giggled at the other two kuhna, flashing them a maniacal grin. A tad unsettling, once would imagine. But, somehow, she made it cute. Weird.

Sillies, why would I know my way around a desert? She let out a short bark of laughter. And you She turned to Deippo. Are especially silly! I'm a calmikuhna! You know, fire and ice? She gave a wink and another unsettlingly-cute grin before ripping at the coconut again. As she munched on another meaty chunk, she looked between the two kuhna, eagerly awaiting their reactions. She hadn't really gotten out much yet, and she was already having so much fun here! Making new friends, playing in the sand and trees, and - best of all - there was almost no water. She didn't like water. No sir-ee! Water = no bueno. Ironic, since fire and ice make water. Poor little confused kuhna.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby BlackFox4498 » 11/27/2009 11:29 AM

Deippo looked at the kuhna, who was still eating and smiling and giggling though they were all quite lost.  He sighed and said, "Well, until we figure out something to do...  we should just stay here.  Hey, aren't there people living under the sand dunes, or are they actually cannibals?  Oh well, I can't remember.  Why did I even come here?"  He sighed and said,"Maybe we should wait 'till the stars come out.  Does anyone know how to read star?"  Then he said, I'm gonna dig a hole, in case another storm comes.  I don't want anyone getting hurt, and I feel like I still have sand in my head.  So, with that being said, he went a few feet away and began digging a hole.

((Is that better?  Of course, I HAD to make it orange.  O.o ))
BlackFox4498
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next