With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Stuck (open!)

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/17/2010 7:35 PM

Kuay halted with well-placed hesitation at the top of the stairs.  She peered over the edge, her eyes trailing after Albert.  She took a cautious step forward then paused, as if waiting for some sort of booby trap to be set off.  When nothing happened, she took another timid step forward.  When she felt secure enough, she set herself at a steady pace after the old man.  Gerik wasn't as hesitant as her though and followed after immediately.  He was surprised he could squeeze into the walkway; it looked tighter than it truely was.  "We best keep close." he stated, hoping Layla, Chester, and Ovir had heard him.  Anything could happen at this point, and they would have a better chance in a group.

Kuay quickly noticed the strangely modern look as well as they progressed downwards.  It was certainly different from the dusty, clay constructed buildings on the surface.  Most of the desert villages she had seen weren't so up-to-date and usually kept to the old ways of using availabe materials for things.  She gulped and snuck Gerik a frightened glance, attempting to slow her pace a bit to get beside the huge Garudor.

Responding to Layla, Kuay looked backwards with worry, nearly stumblind down the steps in the process:  "I know what you mean.  This is beyond strange to me..." she mewed softly, directing her gaze back onto Albert, who was now even further ahead in the dim light.  In truth, Kuay was just as paranoid as Layla.  Up ahead, the old man was mumbling something.  Kuay's ears twitched as his voice bounced off the metalic walls and echoed further down.  She couldn't make out any words, and was afraid to ask.

To Gerik, the place looked to be an underground army base.  From experience, he noted the various similarities, but he would never have thought that an army base would be stationed out here.  Why, out here, there was nothing.  What was the need?  He was intrigued further.  "I think we'll have to trust him... but we should still keep our eyes peeled for other ... strangeness." he cooed, a bit anxious to know of just what they had gotten themselves into here...

[Lvl. 14 -- 67] [Lvl. 9 -- 43]

[[ I went a bit braindead, mah bad.  xDx;; ]]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/20/2010 4:02 PM

(...seriously. I have no freaking idea where this is going, or lets say, what exactly my plans where about the underground base  XDD so this post will be rather short
and irrelevant, but hopefully, my brain will start working tomorrow or so, and the next post wont be full
of uneventfull babbeling XP...unless you have a good idea what this curious underground thing might could be^^')

Layla nodded, allthough she was extremely sceptical towards Albert. Not only that he was
crazy, no, he also knew more then all of them together, and that sometimes proved to be
a very dangerous combination. //well, look on the positive side Layla. We dont sit in a
shaking house in the middle of a sandstorm anymore...//
She looked once again over her shoulder,
taking Geriks words very serious. Falling behind here or loosing a part of the group could be fatal.
"you guys know what this looks like?" Chester said all of the sudden, sounding mildly amused.
"like those strange top secret alien observing bases..." Layla raised an eyebrow "Ches my dear,
I think've you lost far too much blood"
"no seriously! I mean, we're in a desert, right?
where does barely any living beeing dwell, let alone search for something like this?"

"jeah but despite that this 'base' is under a town, and thus not very secret and hidden,
there are no aliens."
"you can never know...okay okay I'll stop it!" Ovir sighted, trying to
focus on the really escentially important things here. "At least, this place looks as if they
might have a radio station..."

Albert turned arround, looking at them grumpily. "w'ats taking so long? come on now, move it!"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/23/2010 3:31 AM

[[ I was thinking it would sort of be along the lines of ... a lost city of treasures or something dramatic like that.  xDD;; But I'm good with whatever.  :3  I'm also at a bit of a loss as well for what could happen next.  P=;;  -shot-  ]]

Kuay had slowed her pace so dramatically that she now found herself behind Gerik, and she much prefered ut that way.  In the shadow of her Garudor friend she could find some relief in this stressful environment.  Being sent out in the desert was bad enough, and now being forced underground with a strange old man and who knew what else thanks to a sudden storm was about to fling her off the edge.  She began to pant softly - her version of taking deep breaths.

Gerik kept a watchful eye both on his companions and their guide into the unknown.  Albert's rushing attitude really ruffled his feathers.  'This guy ... first he was all reluctant to even let us come here and now he's wanting us to hurry up?  That's a bit odd.' he contemplated silently, struggling to keep himself from falling head first down the seemingly endless flight of stairs in front of him.  He wasn't too comfortable manuevering his awkward feet down such steep stairs with these cramped quarters.

Whilst Gerik kept to his own thoughts in complete oblivion to the conversings behind him, Kuay couldn't help but overhear it all and soon her panic returned.  "Y-you really think there a-are a-a-aliens down here!?" she squeaked, barely able to get her words out.  "Oh no no no no no ... not aliens." she whined, shaking her head clear of the frightful images of an Area 51 type scenario awaiting them below.  "Shhhh ... Kuay.  Don't get those thoughts into her head now."  

Kuay shot Gerik an apologetic look with a soft, muffled whine then nodded in obediance.  But it was easier said then done for Kuay.  Once her mind grabbed hold of something, it ran with it wildly.  She peaked around Gerik's huge figure and saw a sliver of Albert before he vanished around a turn in the path without sound, almost ghostly like.  Gerik slowed then cautiously followed.  The stairs seemed to plateau and spread out into a type of room.  In the dim lighting, neither of the pair could make out much of the layout ahead and Gerik had lost his sight of Albert.

"... Albert?" he called.  No response in an eerie silence.  She was almost afraid to ask but the words slipped uncontrollably from her lips.  "What is it?"

[Lvl. 14 -- 68] [Lvl. 9 -- 44]

[[ Leaving the rest to your imagination.  xD  ]]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/30/2010 3:40 PM

(Sorry for the wayit ^^'
buut...I might have an idea where this goes now :3)

"I was just thinking loud, I dont really believe in Aliens either!" Chester tried to defend himself,
feeling slightly guilty and finding himself in the visor of Laylas angry glare. "You shouldnt take
anything I say too seriously..."
"Then why do you say anthing instead of shutting up for a while?"
She hissed, causing Chester to grind his teeth. "No one asked for your opinion!"
"Oh just shut it or I will..." "SHHHT!! both of you." Ovir glared at Layla and Chester
sternly, his eyes revealing that he was serious. Sometimes he had the feeling like he had to deal
with little children instead of grown ups.Childish. And this was the worst situation to pick a fight
they could choose. The two brawlers kept quiet untill  they came down to the strange, darkened room.

Layla leaned foreward nervously, trying to get a peek of the room behind Gerik.
"Whats wrong? is he...is he gone?" Her voice sounded alert, and without waiting
for an real answer, she carefully pushed past Gerik,  sneaking towards the center of the room,
her ears pressed flat on her head. her instinkt told her to turn arround and get back to her friends,
or even better, out of this bunker like underground, but her curiosity drove her on. "Albert?" She asked carefully, but the man seemed to have vanished into thin air...or at least through the door left to them. She looked back at the others and shrugged. Beside the door and the stairs, there semmed nothing much to be here. Odlly enough, there hung some framed...writings on the cold, hard walls, catching her  attention. "What is..." She quickly approached the writings, soon seing that there where also some plans and scribbles and... //no...it cant be...//
"Guys!!"
She said, a little too loud, her eyes gleaming with exitement. "You have to take a look at this! I think...This is it what we where searching in the first place!"
"huh?" "The temple! I think its here! this whole underground thing is the entrance to it, it might be here to...to guard it or so...jes I'm almost certain!"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/03/2010 7:41 AM

[[ xD ]]

It was already too late; Kuay had gotten the idea of aliens in her head and was expecting to see them now.  She was so hopeless.  Gerik couldn't answer either of the girls' questions.  He was at as much of a loss as they were right now, and he hated that.  Going into situations with little or no information made him nervous.  He stepped to the side to allow the others passage, though he wasn't about to let any of them out of his sight.

As Layla crept into the room, Gerik tensed, biting back a worried shout.  Kuay gasped and tighly shut her eyes closed.  "Layla no! No no, bad things, bad things.  Gah!" she rambled on nervously, expecting something to jump out and kill them.  But she jumped to attention when Layla shouted for them.  "What?""What?" the pair questioned in unison.  The both hurried over to where Layla was and stared at the newly found scribbles on the wall in confused awe.

Kuay was then reminded of what they meant by "The Temple" and laughed excitedly.  "Oh wow!  You really think it could be!?" she gasped, hopping a bit in nervous excitement.  Maybe this day wouldn't be all bad after all!  She might actually get the chance to explore ancient ruins in search of treasure!  The idea filled her with joy.  Gerik, who was even more clueless now then before, nearly twisted his head off in confusion.  

"Uh ... temple?  What temple?"  Kuay looked at him confused then smiled.  "Oh yeah, you weren't told were you?"  Gerik shook his head slowly and gave Kuay a weird glance.  "Well, it's kind of the whole reason they're here in the desert in the first place.  To find this temple thingy.  Isn't that right?" she asked for clarification from the trio.

[Lvl. 14 -- 69] [Lvl. 10 -- 45]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/09/2010 5:01 PM

Layla nearly had to peel her eyes from the documents to look at Gerik, grinning slightly appologizing.
"Oh, Jeah, thats right!" In all the chaos she really forgot to tell  him why  they where here...
that was untypical for her. "Sorry that we did not tell you earlier...we're...explorers of some sort. We heard about that old temple here, and got stuck in the middle of the desert"  

Ovir stepped over slowly, scanning over the documents carefully. //thats strange. why would they
hang them here, where anyone can see them? on the other hand...no one else then the
people living here ever get down here...except for us.// "well...it could be the about the temple...
allthough those are old copies, and bad one at that."
"what are we waiting for
then? we can at least try to find out something more"
Layla asked enthusiastically.

Chester, who decidet to stay back and leaned against the wall, arched one eyebrow. "dont want to
destroy the mood again, but I just want to point out that the people living in the village
might not be too happy about us jumping arround in a temple thats probably sacred to them"

Layla looked worried "you're right...but we still could try to convince them.."
"maybe we should find Albert first. I'm not too fond of the idea to stagger arround without an idea where to go. As far as we know, this complex could be huge..." Ovir did not
really feel safe arround the  strange guy, but on the other hand, he was the only one they had who knew where to go down here... He turned towards Kuay and Gerik "Or what do you guys think?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/12/2010 3:52 PM

Gerik listened as the information went in one ear and out of the other.  He was still just as confused as before, but nodded lightly anyways.  He wasn't much of an ... adventure type, at least, not in things like this.  His interest lied more in the field of battle or problem solving type of things ... if those could be counted as adventures really.  "You really think there could be a lost temple around here?" he cooed, glancing around at the rather baren room before turning back to the texts in front of them.  If anything held his interest about a lost temple, it was that it could be hidden so well out of sight from tourists.

Kuay gave a playful inward scoff at Gerik.  She could tell this wasn't his thing, per say, but that he was getting intrigued little by little as time went on.  "Just imagine if there was.  Wouldn't that just t=be the coolest!?" she laughed.  Her cheerful mood quickly going back to a fearful one as she took Chester's words into account.  "Layla has a good idea there...  I mean, we've had to have gained some trust from them to have even made it down here so far .. r-right?  Ma-maybe they'll be understanding?"  "Yes, speaking of Albert ... ?" Gerik butted in.  "I wonder if he actually meant to loose us ..." he thought aloud, suspicious of the missing man's motives still.  But he had to agree with Ovir; he was their only guide to this underground network.  They needed him ... if only to keep from getting lost down here.  

He turned, scanning the dark room with his fair vision, though he was a bit disoriented being down here.  He was so used to the open skies, after all ...  "Albert?  Allllbert?" Gerik called slowly, yet loudly.  His voice bounced around the room and seemed to echo down some sort of hallway.  Maybe that's where Albert went?  Kuay peered around the room with uneasiness.  She wasn't sure how she was on the idea of having Albert back.  Images of his swinging gun came to mind and she cringed a bit.  Not sure of what they should do next (whether it would be to stay put or go search for Albert), she looked to the others for some sort of answer.

[Lvl. 15 -- 70] [Lvl. 10 -- 46]

[[ Sorry if that was a bit hard to follow.  I was sort of braindead.  x.x;; ]]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/13/2010 3:53 AM

(ah no problem^^
I'm pretty braindead too these days...maybe thats why i could follow the post so good ;)
beware of very bad typo and grammar tho (worse then before :P) I just woke up XD)

'I wonder if he actually meant to loose us ...' Layla tilted her head to one side in thought.
"well it could be...but it makes no real sense, then he could just left us up there.
on the other hand, he does not seem like the person that makes much sense"

She wasnt too happy about the idea of having Albert arround her either. Of course, she
already was in the temple with her thoughts. But she would have to think logically here.

Ovir nodded slowly at the words of Kuay. "I really hope that they trust us. I dont think that it will
be easy to get into the temple tho. I mean, maybe Albert would, but he is a little...confused,
and I highly doubt that he is the only person living here..."
He turned to the hallway.
There was no answer to Gerik's calls, but he could have sworn that there where...footsteps
in the distance, sounding as if they where going away from them. "we could at least follow him down
the hallway. maybe he's there, or someone else who can help us."
He turned arround to the others.
"that is if it's okay with you...we can stay here too if you want"

Layla stepped over to the writings, and without hesitation, grabbed one of the frames and hooked it off
the wall. "the hell are you doing??" Chester hissed. He was almost certain that  
some sort of alarm siren would go off...but nothing happened. "I'm planning ahead" Layla commented, while removing the paper from the frame and rolling it together. "I think a sort of plan and information might be usefull."  

Albert meanwhile had other plans and worries in mind. He searched for a special person...
who might get very angry if she heard that he allowed strangers in. He shook his head.
//stupid! but at least the little pests are in the 'entrance hall'...and they better stay there//

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/19/2010 5:15 PM

Gerik nodded in agreement to Ovir's suggestion.  "I think we should try to follow after him."  Kuay's expression turned scared at the thought of what awaited them down the halls.  Curse her over-active imagination.  She glanced in the direction of the darkened hallway and gulped.  "My head says yes but my body says no." she laughed nervously, not sure of her desired action.  Though, if the group chose to go, she'd definitely follow.  No way was she being left in this spooky place all alone!

Her attention was then shifted onto Layla at Chester's apparent disapproval.  She winced as Layla took down the framed paper, also thinking it would sound an alarm of some sort.  She watched nervously as the old, crinkled paper was removed and rolled up by Layla.  "Oh dear!  I don't think they'd appreciate us taking there ... er ... stuff." Kuay mewed worriedly.  If they were going to try and gain their trust, perhaps stealing from them wasn't the best first impression they could make...

Gerik looked back at Layla with an admirable glance.  Her move was a good one; they might need that later on.  Planning ahead was something Gerik liked, to say the least.  "I like your approach, Layla." he chuckled with a slight nod.  "So I take it that it's agreed we move forward?" he asked, letting a questioning glance fall onto Kuay lastly, who hesistantly nodded with a yes.  He then looked over at Chester, who still looked pretty banged up.  "Do you need another lift?" he asked a bit hesistantly.  He still wasn't too keen on letting people ride on his back, but if it would help them at all, he'd just have to suck it up and deal.

[Lvl. 15 -- 71] [Lvl. 10 -- 47]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/01/2010 6:23 AM

(sorry, took a while^^')

"well, they dont have to notice that I took it" Layla said with a wink, carefully putting the paper into one
of her belt-pockets. "Besides, I'll just borrow it, and put it back as soon as we get out of here..."
//hopefully unoticed//
. She was in very high spirits, considering the possibility that the whole trip
might not be a complete desaster after all...

Chester pulled a face, not liking the whole situation change after all. If it was his choice, they'd stay here,
wait for someone to come back, phone home, and get out of here as fast as somehow possible.
but, again, it wasnt his descision to make. He looked at Gerik, and shook his head no, grinning slighty.
"no thanks, its okay at the moment...I'll come back to you if I need it though" allthough he was,
of course, in rather bad shape, he really felt like he could handle it. Plus he thought that an extra weight
on the ground might wreck the poor guys back on a long run . ...he had no real idea about Avian anatomie.
Wow, he was thinking abou someone elses well-being...

So, it was agreed. They carefully made their way through the first hallway, Layla feeling like she could bounce of the walls of because of her optimism the whole way, and Ovir looking concentrated and concerned. Horus, who apperently  searched shelter in one of his shirt pockets since they where down here, made a slight, unhappy chirping sound. He didnt like this place much either...

"you let them alone? down here?" The tone of the woman was creepily calm, her piercing eyes bore
into Alberts, who seemed very nervous. "I...I didnt want them to annoy you, i though i might ask
you first, if I should throw them out again emidiatly or n..." "and now they might run arround freely.
I cant wrap my head arround the fact that a single person can be so stupid." She stood up, and marched
out of the room, her walk seemed odlly military and harsh for a woman. picking two young men, she
decidet to search for them on her own. She couldnt let them possibly stumble arround and eventually
find the temple...no, out of the question. And she was not ready with that idiot Albert yet...

Layla, who was a little ahead of the group, heard steps coming their way, pressing her enthusiasm
down a little. now, she was a little anxious about who they might run into...hopefully someone with
a little more common sense...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/07/2010 7:57 AM

[[ Dun worry about it.~  =P   -takes a while to reply too-  xD; ]]

Kuay forced a smile out of worry.  "Yes .. borrowed.  Not stolen ... there's a difference.  Yep, there is a difference!" she mewed softly and slowly to herself, trying her best to convince herself of it more than anything...  

Gerik stared at Chester for a minute, then nodded.  Inside, he felt a bit relieved, but for some reason he couldn't help but keep a wary eye on Chester; Perhaps it was his protective personality at work .. or he was making out the situation to be far worse than it really way.  Who knew...  

Padding softly down the hallway, Kuay fell into place a little ways behind Layla.  Her eyes kept flicking from one side of the wall to the other.  It was her imagination at work again - visioning hidden booby-traps to spring from the walls or something ...  She shivered a bit, from the thoughts and from how cold it was down here.  Though she was fairly acustom to cold places, the cold combined with fear and made more of an impact on her.  She threw a worried glance back at Gerik who was seeming to fall slightly behind due to his walking pattern that consisted of awkward and jerky steps.  If it had been a wide enough space, he would certainly consider just flying .. at least then it'd be more comfortable for him.  His large talons clicked fairly loudly on the hard ground, echoing off the walls.

Soon, Kuay also locked onto the approaching footsteps.  At first she had thought it was merely Gerik, but she picked up on the different sound patterns.  Her pace slowed as her ears pricked forward.  "Di-Did you hear that?" she whispered softly to no one in particular.  "Who is it?  Is it .. Al-Albert?  Maybe?  Oh boy ..." she rambled on, feeling the need to retreat back to Gerik.  "L-Layla?" she whined, wondering if she too had noticed.  

[Lvl. 15 -- 72] [Lvl. 10 -- 48]

[[ Sorry for the short-ish post.  @_@  Brain fart... ]]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/15/2010 6:23 PM

(eh, dun worry, mine wont be much longer i guess :P)

Layla slowed down and stopped eventually. First, she had the faint hope that she might had mistaken
Gerik's  Klacking Talons as footsteps, but she now was completely shure that there was someone ahead of them. She looked back Kuay, but before she could say anything soothing, a young woman came arround one corner, two men in her tow. Her medium long brown hair was tied back sternly, and she had a cool, almost emotionless glance. Layla inched one step back. She always felt slightly uneasy arround
people who had an very commanding aura arround them, and that Woman definetively had one.

The eyes of the Woman trailed over them slowly, the only movement in her face a slight narrowing of
her eyes. The humans in this group had the typical explorer-esque clothing on them, or at least two
of them. This was just perfect. Those guys wouldnt go away untill they got a glance at the temple,
or where forced to leave. The other guy was hurt, alltough she couldnt tell by what. Maybe theid'
attend to him better later.She was not shure about the Garudor and the Slynx tho, but she simply
guessed that they where with them. "so you are our lost visitors. I hope Albert did not scare you
too much... My name is Allison Myrand, I am something like the...Major of the city. Please
follow me, we can do an introduction round later." Allthough she seemed to try to be friendly, her
cool tone was a slightly disturbing contrast. And it wasnt a  question either, it was a command.
Layla carefully fowllowed them, not very shure how to react . right now, she would simply do as she
was told, and hoped that the rest of the group would too.

They where escorted into a room, big enough for them to all fit in, but still a little narrow. It had the
same sanitary, cold 'charme' as the rest of the underground they saw so far. Allison sat behind a
desk at the other end of the room, eying them. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" she
asked. Ovir cleared his throat slightly, before beginning to talk. "mrs. Myrand, My
name is Ovir, those are Kuay, Chester, Gerik and Layla.
" He knew this sort of people, and
he knew that she wouldnt want them all introduce themselves individually. that would be 'a waste of
time'. "My team and I where on an expedition arround here, before our jeep broke.
We met Kuay here shortly after, and after another accident Gerik"
Allison still glared at them
without blinking. Before anyone could say anything else, she asked, no, snapped at Kuay and Gerik "
and what exactly where you two doing arround here then?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/18/2010 6:24 PM

[[ I'll try to make this post more interesting.  xD;  Also, glad to see you've decided to stick around.~  ^_^ ]]

As a mysterious woman, followed by her two assistants, suddenly approached the group from out of the darkness ahead, Kuay stopped dead in her tracks and took two steps back in surprised fear.  ' Oh dear... Who are these people, now?! '  She cringed visibly as the woman's hardened stare fell upon her.  Her eyes locked onto the woman's, sending an uncomfortable shiver down the Slynx's spine.  Her stare was cold and emotionless ... one might even say evil.  Kuay took another unconsious step backwards, bumping into someone, though she couldn't bring herself to pull her eyes from the woman to see who exactly.

Gerik carefully inched his way closer to the front, eye-balling the new faces that had appeared.  He furrowed his brow in distrust as he listened to the woman speak.  His brow raised in slight surprise as this woman, this Allison, spoke of Albert.  ' So she knows Albert?  Does that mean he works for ... her? '  He lowered his head as his thoughts ran freely to the conclusion that he had originally thought of before this ... it was a trap.  What sort of trap though, he was uncertain.  The woman's vibe wasn't a friendly one, despite her muffled attempt at being polite.  It made Gerik all the more suspicious.  His eyes quickly flickered over to the two men that had accompanied her.  He hoped they wouldn't try something ... and that if they wanted to, their group being outnumbered would be a big enough deterent.

Though, as much as he didn't like this woman already, he hesistantly followed her as the other did.  He walked up behind Kuay and put a reassuring wing gently on her back.  She turned quickly, thinking another one of Allison's goons had appeared to attack her, but quickly fell at ease as she realized it was Gerik.  She flashed an uncomfortable smile and padded after the others.  

They obliged as they were escorted into the room ... well it seemed more like being herded into the room, but yeah ...  Gerik and Kuay simply nodded as Ovir tended to their introductions solo.  Kuay turned to Gerik with one of the most worried looks he had ever witnessed from his furry friend.  " Oh Gerik ... I don't like this at all ... " she mewed in a whisper, leaning into him more as to not let herself be overheard by the others.  Her once bundled excitement of thinking they had stumbled upon a great treasure and the temple was now turned into fear and uncertainty of their exploring.  Gerik stared at her sadly for a few seconds before nodding knowingly.  He felt the same.  Though, he was able to handle it better than Kuay.  It was now that he had wished she hadn't gotten involved in all this, for her own safety.  

Their heads snapped ahead as Allison's commanding question was directed towards them in full.  Kuay opened her mouth to speak but was unable to form any words.  At the very best, she was merely babbling.  Gerik straightened his back and cleared his throat.  " Well, Ma'dam, we've found ourself in an unusual situation ... " he started then paused, observing her impatient glare.  " Kuay here was doing some odd jobs around the desert towns and I merely came to find her as I had felt she had been gone for far too long.  And the rest is as Ovir said ... we soon joined together after ... certain happenings and have found ourselves down here. " he explained as bluntly as he could muster, as to not risk further aggravating Allison with seemingly useless details.  And he had meant to leave off the little fact of their temple hunting, so as to not provoke an attack, should that be a topic of the dangerous importance here.  Though he couldn't help but think that she had already suspected as much from them.  

Kuay glanced over at Gerik silently then turned back to Allison and nodded in confirmation.  " All I know is that if it wasn't for these kind souls, I would probably be a lost mummy out there in the sand dunes right about now. " she laughed nervously, feeling the need to add that little detail.

[Lvl. 15 -- 73] [Lvl. 10 -- 49]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/27/2010 6:45 PM

Allison listened to their stories, looking at them sternly. inwardly, she was coldly calculating what to do
now. She forgot an important point here. If she would let them go, they would come back, sooner or
later. of course, they guarded the sacred place firecely, but at some point, they wouldnt be able to
withstand the storm of explorers and doctors, and the secrets of the temple would be revieled...
she could not allow that. Leaning foreward slightly, she tried to force herself to look warmer.
actually, she almost felt bed for them...almost. Sometimes faith was a mean little b*tch.

"you shure where lucky then" she said to Kuay, her tone sounding nowhere near nice,
"I'm shure you all are quite exhausted by your little oddisea. But tell me, what kind of
expedition where you on to come here?" Layla gulped. She shure as hell also was extremely
nervous, and could sense the lingering air of danger all arround him. It still took her all her will to
not blurt out that she would love to take a look at the temple. "we...well we actually
where on the way to the  big temple a few miles away from here...you know, the one everyone is
talking about, they're digging it out right now, and we wanted to..."
Her voice grew more and
more nervous the longer Allison was glaring at her. "Interisting.." Allison said, and turned her head
towards Ovir. "hm. I guess you want to get going as soon as possible then, dont you? A shame...
you know, we have an temple here too, and we currently could use some skilled translators and
brave souls to explore. you know, some of my people think it  is cursed down there..." She waited
for an response. Layla now was particularry on the edge of her seat. She of course knew that there
had to be an trap there, Allison was far too...cold and...acting the nice girl to be trustworthy. On
the other hand, she had crazy ideas of escaping the traps and still explore the temple...that was just her. Ovir just said "No ma'am...sorry, but we should get going now"

Allison leaned back, a sly smirk on her face. "very well then. But at least let my men take a look at that
Injurie...they will be here soon. pleace stay here, I'll get you a radio so you can call someone who might
pick you up...and I'll get you someone to lead you out." with that, she stood up and left the room, the
two guys next to her coming with her, but positioning themselves in the hallway next to the door.

As soon as the door closed behind them, Chester hissed slightly. "this...is not good" Layla looked at him, a very worried glance on her face, but kept her mouth shut. "oh
come on guys! am I the only one who thinks that she wont let us go? they want to get rid of us,
but in a most upleasant way...we should really get a plan together"
Layla looked at Ovir, but he seemed to brood arround by his own, so she said silently "maybe...we should play her
game, go into the temple and try to find..."
"are you kidding me? you still want
into that thing? Layla if they want us to go into the temple then there most likely is something in there
that we dont want to meet! but even now you think about your runes, dont you? damn it, girl!"
"do you have a better idea?" Chester stopped, and then leaned back a little again.
"No, but i think we should start thinking about a good plan how to get away from here" He turned to Kuay and Gerik, his eyes gleaming firecely, allthough he looked very worn out.
"or do you think that the temple plan is good?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/29/2010 3:09 PM

Kuay had managed to nod slightly to the woman as she had addressed her, but her stare had forced the frightened Slynx to glance down at the ground.  Another chilling shiver rippled down her spine and throughout her body as she spoke mainly to the others.  Being Kuay, she could generally get along with almost any kind of person with little to no problem.  But ... this woman ...  Kuay couldn't even muster the courage to look her in the eye for too long, her aura was just overwhelming to her.  Even her voice portrayed a degree of mistrust.  A bad vibe was definitely felt from this woman, this ... Mayor Allison...  And Kuay didn't like it ...

And she wasn't the only one, apparently, as Chester voiced his dislike of the situation as well once they were left alone.  And it seemed that even Ovir didn't want to chance staying, as he had hinted in his words towards Allison.  Before voicing her own opinion on the matter, Kuay shot a worried glance towards the door.  She dearly hoped they wouldn't burst in and attack them or something...  "Um ... I think ..."  she paused as her eyes fell to the ground once more. "...I'm with Chester on this one, I think..." she looked up, "-this doesn't look good for us.  Maybe we should get out while we still have a fair chance..."  she mewed quietly.  She unsheatheded her claws and began to claw light grooves into the ground nervously as she let her worries over take her.

Gerik, who had just been listening so far, let out a long held-in sigh.  He shook his head unknowingly; He had torn decisions on the matter at hand.  For instance, on one hand, they seemed far too intertwined in the matter to just give up and cut their losses now...  But ... on the other hand ... this could be their last opportunity to hightail it outta there safely and live to try again another time, perhaps.  

"Hmmm ... there are things we must consider first before making any major decisions, I suppose..." he cooed roughly.  And that he felt strongly about.  It wasn't even his expedition - his goal to reach this fabled Temple, but after all that had happened, he felt as though it was now just as much his adventure as Layla, Chester, and Ovir's.  It was weird ... but true.  "The bad thing about it is ... we have no idea what lies ahead should we agree to go.  How many people are down here, if there are booby-traps, or if there is even a temple at all."  There.  He had said it - his current thoughts on the matter for all to hear.  Kuay's gaze lifted from the floor and onto the Garudor in surprise.  She recognized that tone, pretty much.  And she gathered that he probably wanted to venture ahead, if only out of curiousity.  

Well, if they decided to go ahead now, at least she could feel a bit at ease knowing Gerik would be there.  Cause she knew he wouldn't have offered up his thoughts for consideration if he wasn't even slightly prepared for the worst that would lie ahead.  He glanced around at everyone with a questioning look.  He stayed silent, giving the others a chance to offer up their own opinions on the matter and such so that a plan could be brainstormed, regardless of what they decided to do.

[Lvl. 15 -- 74] [Lvl. 11 -- 50]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext