With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Envious Rats and Magical Fish [P]

Postby Moofius » 12/16/2009 11:51 PM

The knife remained in her lap as she watched the creature; watched it come to the conclusion she'd already known would he would come to. He wanted to be human, of course he did and who was Sori to deny him his wish?
"Your bell," Sori smiled, "Is attached to your tail. I do want your bell but I don't want the rest of you which means I must... remove the bell." She picked up the knife, then showed the strange orange mulch, "This would numb the pain after and help it to heal."
She was of course saying that she would have to cut the bell off and take at least the tip of his tail with it. She wouldn't take much but he would still feel pain.

The sky was darkening faster now and the temperature dropping. Sori leaned over the rat to pull the tent flaps shut, the outside world was gone; all that existed was the tent and the things and the creatures crowded inside. With the darkness fairly intense even the witches glowing stone could not light the whole of the tent. The shadows were now sharp, large and pitch black while whatever the light hit was bright, harsh and held little to define it. Everything looked blocky. The light was not easy on the eyes but Sori didn't seem to mind all too much, she simply closed her eyes halfway which made the hydrolisk woman look a little sleepy.
"So, have you decided little rodent?" Sori purred, "Are you sure you want to be human? The transformation is not an easy one. You will be in quite a lot of pain for the rest of the night and tomorrow morning."
Then she smiled, "Aswell, since I will not be able to keep your bell, as it will have to be used to complete the transformation, you will... owe me."
That wasn't part of the original agreement but, eh, things changed. The bell would be needed to complete the creatures transformation and so she would not beable to keep it. She did want SOMETHING out of all this; Sori didn't work for free you know.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Fish » 12/26/2009 4:28 AM

He still wasn't enitrely sure what she was meant. Remove the bell? Take the tip? Pain? But instead of asking he stayed quiet because he had a feeling he'd figure it out in a bit.
The cold never really affected Keic, nor the dark either. He actually preferred the tent this way, since it blocked much of the bright colors of the pillow. But because of the blind light he started to change his mind about the pillows which seemed dull in comparison to it. Looking off to the side her started to answer the woman's questions about if he was sure. Yaa, I'm sure— Wait pain? Owe you? But wasn't the bell supposed to be the his payment? Now he was more than confused than earlier. What do you mean? I thought the bell was going to be the payment? Was she lying to him the whole time? Or maybe she was trying to get more from him, but what else did he have to offer?

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/26/2009 8:06 PM

"The bell would have been, technically," Sori said, putting her hands together infront of her mouth thoughtfully, "But because of your request it makes it... different. To become human, the change is permanent and requires a part of you to be... sacrificed, if you will. I gave up my tail," she stated simply, as if it was not a big deal. Keic didn't have to know that her sacrifice had been painful even before the actual transformation. She'd barely survived (it didn't help that she'd almost drowned herself aswell), "you will be giving up your bell. As the bell is part of the actual magic I don't get to keep your bell. Technically that would mean I'm transforming you for free which is not something I do. I'm a business woman, I don't do anything out of the kindness of my heart, rattegan."

She watched him and, noticing his sensitivity to light, grabbed the strange rock and rubbed it in a circular motion, each full circle dulling the light until it was softer.
"Sorry. I like the light, ah, but back to what I was talking about... Really I wouldn't be asking much of you, infact it could be a great oppertunity to learn. Besides," she smiled without warmth or kindness, "we both know you're not doing anything. Hou have no goals or dreams, you just exist right now. We'll travel, we'll see things. You'll learn to be human. Really it's a perfect opportunity for you."
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Previous