With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby SirMax » 09/13/2007 11:40 AM

As much as Martin would have liked to say 'Me!' he knew he couldn't keep with Idzuna while carrying Draiz. "You, I think." he said, scanning the tiles ahead of Idzuna. "He's not running at any traps yet, but he probably will be soon." He bolted after the Fellox, Sethor having already started off when Idzuna shot away.

Sarah ran after Sethor, Raul composing himself just in time to follow her, barely missing a few traps.

[[Sarah: 46 || Sethor: 88 || Raul: 21]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/13/2007 5:58 PM

Otiephu moved over to draiz and bumped her head into the back of the vixen's legs, forcing her onto her back. Once ready Otiephu began running after the others, bladed tails lashing about behind her. Talbot looked back at Martin from his spot on Tie and called out, "Come on! We've got to get going!"

Idzuna took a turn down another path, still having not set off any traps. Either he was lucky, or his paws never touched the ground long enough for a trap to be triggered.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/14/2007 2:04 PM

Martin glared at the Magma Creeper. "I'm trying not to step on any traps, thanks. Just because you somehow miss every tile..." he muttered, running after the Khimera.

Sethor scowled slightly and bolted ahead of Martin, jumping onto Otiephu's back and rebounding off, leaping after Idzuna as he started running at full speed.

"...So much for protecting me." grumbled Martin as the Lucain zipped away, wishing he was faster as he put on another burst of speed to try and catch up to the Khimera at least.

Sarah and Raul were at least keeping up with Martin, but that was it for the two. They weren't champion runners.

[[Sarah: 47 || Sethor: 89 || Raul: 22]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/14/2007 2:11 PM

Otiephu let out a deep growl. Once she managed to catch that mutt later one of his bones would be her newst chew toy! She began speeding up a tad, but it was a bit harder to run with a person and a magma creeper on your back.

Talbot let out a small sigh. "Just don't fuss if you get left behind! We're not slowing down."

Idzuna came to a stop within a large room, filled with many such things as weapons, gold, jewelry, and the likes. Still... that wasn't what he was looking for. Growling, the temple fellox began to look about the room.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/14/2007 2:41 PM

"Yeah, yeah. Take a step to the right in about twelve steps." called Martin, running after Otiephu. Sarah frowned slightly as she chased after him. Fate was conspiring against her, it seemed. Raul was thinking along the same lines, but with many more swearwords.

Sethor ran up beside Idzuna. "What's going on here?" he asked, looking around the room. "Oh, looks like we found the treasure room after all..."

[[Sarah: 48 || Sethor: 90 || Raul: 23]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/14/2007 2:53 PM

Otiephu ignore Martin. Instead she just moved forward at a swifter pace so that her legs didn't touch down on where they previously would have after twelve steps. The change in her stride made all the difference.

"I see the light ahead... so we're finally catching up." Talbot murmered, looking forward. It was about time that they caught up...

Idzuna glanced over at Sether before growling out, "I don't care about the treasure... It wasn't what I was looking for when I came down here." His eyes continued to dart about the room until they landed upon a small, feline figure. A growl escaped him as he caught that scent. Yes! It was the one that had taken Menmou.

The elder kuhna gave a small chuckle, a grin spreading across her maw. "It's about time you showed up Idzuna. I was begining to think that you'd never catch on."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/14/2007 3:05 PM

"Oh sure leave me completely behind." mumbled Martin, jumping over a tile as he followed after her, skittering past tiles that Otiephu's long stride ignored completely. Sarah was starting to get tired as she ran after the catboy, Raul slowing slightly. Why were they even running?

Sethor glanced over at the Elder Kuhna, confused. What on earth was going on here? Who was that Elder Kuhna? Better stand back and figure out the situation first.

[[Sarah: 49 || Sethor: 91 || Raul: 24]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/14/2007 9:32 PM

Idzuna let out a snarl before speaking, "I have no doubt that you knew fully in your mind what would happen the moment I caught onto your scent... Now tell me where he is or I'll finish you off even quicker." The fellox knew without a doubt that she was the one that had taken the common kuhna, but he couldn't see him anyways.

Aesirira let out a small chuckle, begining to walk to the side of the canine. "Oh he's around here Idzuna..." she muttered. "You'll just have to find him." A small little spirit that had been floating around near her moved over to a little area of the treasure. Knocking over a few gems revealed a large gem with a common kuhna seemingly frozen within.

Otiephu arrived at the scene just in time to see Idzuna lunge at the elder kuhna. Talbot let out a small little, "Meep", thinking that the kuhna was done for.

The feline jumped to the side though and the chase was on, fellox running after her as she darted about the room.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/14/2007 11:26 PM

"..." Sethor just watched the two of them, then glanced over at the Kuhna trapped in the gem. If no one was going to bother to tell him what on earth was going on, he didn't feel any need to jump in and help Idzuna.

Martin stumbled into the room, looking at the situation with some amount of confusion. He was joined in this state of general uselessness by both Kuhnas.

[[Sarah: 50 || Sethor: 92 || Raul: 25]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/15/2007 12:51 PM

This was it. The darned kuhna was finally within range of an attack again. The temple fellox made a leap forward to try to pounce on her, but to his dismay she moved to the side too quickly. As his paw touched down on the ground there was a creeking noise before a trap door slid open underneath him. Draiz jumped off of the Khimera's back, running forward, calling his name, as she watched Idzuna plumit downward. It was too dark though and she lost sight of him. A yelp sounded from him, but hopefully that was just from hitting the hard floor below.

Talbot slowly hovered over toward Draiz, frowning. He didn't know what was going on, but he knew for sure that Idzuna had disappeared. "Ignorant fool..." Otiephu muttered with a growl. "He could have ran right into a trap that was worse then that..."

Aesiria seemed rather happy that the fellox was gone though.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/15/2007 12:59 PM

Sethor paused for a minute, then made his decision, leaping at the Kuhna's open back silently. If he couldn't get the Elder with his own attack, he might at least be able to knock in into the pit with Idzuna. He might as well trust that he was on Idzuna's side in this conflict.

Martin meanwhile, was scanning the room for other trap glyphs. Maybe he could use the temple own defences against the Elder Kuhna... If only he had some way of telling what glyphs set off what kind of trap!

Raul momentarily wondered what the point was of him even being there as Sarah fretted for Idzuna's safety, racing up to the edge of the hole.

[[Sarah:51|| Sethor: 93 || Raul: 26]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/15/2007 1:28 PM

The tiny spirit that had been causally floating about swiftly moved forward, pushing the Elder kuhna out of the way so that she stumbled onto one of the piles of treasure. "I don't need your help!" Aesriria snarled, looking back at the small little spirit. Once she was out of harms way it had just floated off again. The female kuhna stood up and glared over at Sethor. "This has nothing to do with you, so stay out of it."

Deciding to make an effort to help, talbot floated down the shaft. At the bottom Idzuna was pacing about, looking for a way to get back up. He was limping though, as if he had hurt his leg or something.

Otiephu brushed her cheek against her owner's arm. "He'll be fine... I bet he's been through worse before..."

Aesriria : 17
Idzuna: 106
Tie and Tal: 52
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/15/2007 2:00 PM

"Well you're causing some amount of distress to my friend's friend, so it does have something to do with me." Sethor said calmly. "Out of curiosity, how did you manage to freeze a Kuhna in crystal? That's pretty impressive." he remarked, glancing over at the gem.

Martin rolled his eyes. Go figure that Sethor would calmly talk to who seemed to be the villain. Martin was one for action. He leapt at the Ballama, sword zipping through the air at the blue creature.

[[Sarah: 52 || Sethor: 94 || Raul: 27]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/15/2007 2:13 PM

"It's a spell you dolt." she muttered, her eyes darting over to the crystal from a moment as well. "Someone like yourself wouldn't be able to master it though. I've been around much longer then most here in the lands." Well she had been alive for a long time, but truthfully until just recently she hadn't lived in Evelon. She was from a rather special place.

The little spirit let out a small screech as the blade sliced it in half. Oh what a mistake the neko had mad in doing such. The Ballama pulled itself back together and glared at Martin. One would have to wonder what such a tiny creature could do.

Otiephu sank her claws into the ground before lowing her bladed tails into the hole. "Grab onto my tails and I'll pull you up Idzuna." With a boost from the magma creeper, the temple fellox was able to grab hold of the feline's tails with his jaws. She them hoisted him up and Talbot followed behind.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/15/2007 2:31 PM

"Insults and flattery will get you no where." said Sethor flatly, shifting into a more combat ready pose. "However, if you are so set against me with that hostility, since you seem to have trapped a friend of a friend, I believe that a fight is the only real course of action. A pity to meet under such circumstances but... make your final peace." Sethor finished, leaping at the Elder Kuhna. "Martin! Tell me if I'm going to hit a trap!" he called. Martin, who had given up on the Ballama, nodded. "Right!"

Sarah just watched nervously while Raul poked the tiny spirit curiously. "What on earth are you?" he asked curiously.

[[Sarah: 53 || Sethor: 95 || Raul: 28]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext