With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Kyrit » 09/15/2007 2:58 PM

"Stop, mutt." Idzuna muttered, watching him leap for the kuhna. "This isn't your fight. If I had wanted help I'd ask for it." he growling, begining to walk toward them.

Talbot took his seat on Otiephue's back once again. "Well things sure are lively now..." he muttere with a small sigh. The bulky feline gave a small nod. "Yeah... You said it."

Draiz had finally noticed the frozen Menmou and slowly walked over to the crystal. Aesirira smirked and let out a small chuckle. For some reason she didn't seem as if she was even going to bother moving from her spot.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1620
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/15/2007 3:23 PM

Sethor glared back at Idzuna. "You're very bad at showing gratitude." he remarked dryly.

Raul poked the Ballama again. "Hellooooo..." he said, cocking his head at it. Sarah couldn't help but giggle, even in the tense situation.

"Take two steps to the right!" called Martin. There was a trap glyph there, and, based on the two trapdoor ones, was probably going to hit right where the Elder was. Sethor nodded and landed on the tile, depressing it. There was a rumble....

[[Sarah: 54 || Sethor: 96 || Raul: 29]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 12:01 PM

"Stop it!" the little spirit cried out, tired of being poked and prodded. Aesririra had moved out of the way while Sethor was too busy looking back at Ida to pay attention. Idzuna began to run forward at her, but suddenly the Ballama moved to infront of him. The moment their noses touched the fellox went through a transformation, winds whirling around him. Within seconds there was no fellox standing there, but instead a man seeming to be no older then in his twenties.

Idzuna was wide eyed, standing in shock. "N-No.." he muttered softly. Was there something wrong about him having this body?

Otiephu, Talbot, and Draiz were all too busy to notice, for they were busily working on cracking of pieces of the crystal to get to Menmou.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 1:54 PM

"Oh, is that why you smelled like a human?" Sethor exclaimed, jumping back as the ceiling above the tile opened in a vast square, encompassing him and the Elder. The rumbling increased as the sound centralized on the ceiling, a giant board covered in knives. Martin swore as Sethor jumped out of the way. It was big, but the Elder Kuhna was too near the edge.

Raul scowled. "Stupid little blue chicken..." he muttered, then looked on amazement as the Fellox became a human. Sarah gaped as well, momentarily surprised at how handsome he was. "Wow." she murmured.

[[Sarah: 55 || Sethor: 97 || Raul: 30]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 2:04 PM

The female kuhna let out a hiss and jumped to the side, barely making it out of the way in time. "Looks like you have a death wish, mongral!!" she growled out, glaring over at him.

The crystal shattered and the common kuhna slid down into her arms before she stood up and turned around. Suddenly Draiz's eyes widened, staring at Idzuna. "N-No... Not again..." she stammered, her body shaking slightly.

Idzuna's fist slammed into a nearby wall as he let out a rather loud curse. "This wasn't supposed to happen..." he muttered to himself, head hanging low. No... Idzuna wasn't quite human. He still retained animal like features, such as his two tails and plush ears.

Otiephu's ears lowered against her head. Something wasn't right about this... Idzuna had been traveling with Draiz... and yet this new form seemed to frighten her... Talbot, resting on her head whispered to her, "I'm getting the same feeling as you are..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 2:36 PM

"I don't particularly wise for either of us to die from this encounter. Me and Martin both thought that tile would activate a trapdoor." Sethor said, glancing back at Idzuna. "So... what exactly did you do to him? Another spell?" he asked conversationally. Unlike with Idzuna, Sethor felt no real threat from the Elder, and no real concrete reason to dislike it, so he had no reason to be civil.

Raul walked back over to the ballama, swatting at it. "What are you?" he asked again, annoyed. If nothing else, he was distracting it. Sarah was just at a general loss, while Martin was scanning the room for more trap tiles.

[[Sarah: 56 || Sethor: 98 || Raul: 31]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 2:47 PM

The Ballama floated up into the air too high for the kuhna to reach. "I'm a spirit, and I would appreciate it if you'd stop touching me!!" It was rather annoying to be poked and swatted at.

"Technically... I didn't do anything to him..." the feline muttered, seeming a bit aggitated. "That stupid little spirit is getting rather bothersome..." Her tails flicked back and forth. "But to tell you the truth... this is really his true form from many ages ago. You'd have to know his story."

"Shut up furball!" the lean male exclaimed, growling. It seemed as though his temper was rather short now... Had he been trying to conceil this for some reason?

Draiz spun around and darted out of the room, disappearing down the hallways. Her khimera and magma creeper raced after her, as it wasn't safe for her to travel alone in such a place.

Seeing her leave, Idzuna's ears hung low and he tightly closed his eyes.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 2:57 PM

"What kind of spirit?" asked Raul definately, jumping up to try and reach the Ballama. "Why are you following the Kuhna around?" Sarah watched him in amusement.

Sethor blinked. "...Okay." he said. "...tell you what. Do we really need to fight? How about you just leave the Kuhna here and go away? I can stop Idzuna from chasing you." he offered, as Martin hastily chased after Draiz. "Draiz!"

[[Sarah: 57 || Sethor: 99 || Raul: 22]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 3:03 PM

"My job is already done, so it doesn't matter to me." the elder kuhna spoke, letting out a small chuckle. "Well this wasn't how my job was supposed to turn out, but I can say that even if those who sent me aren't happy I am." She turned around and said, "Toodles!"

"I'm a Ballama and the kuhna is my ward, so just bug off already!" the creature exclaimed before flying over to Aesriria.

By the time Martin would catch up to them, the others were in the corner of a dead end, Draiz sitting down, huddled in the corner while holding a sleeping Menmou close to her. The vixen's eyes were tightly close, trying to hold back her tears even though they were breaking through anyways.

Otiephu was sitting next to her, her head resting on the poor girl's shoulder. Talbot was at her feet, head hanging low.

Idzuna leaned against a wall and let his body slump to the floor. "She wasn't supposed to find out..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 3:09 PM

"...well." Said Sethor, now alone in the treasure room, since Raul and Sarah had chased after Martin with the exit of the ancient. "I feel obliged to steal something now." he did realize it would be smarter to wait till Martin got back though, in case some of it was trapped.

Martin ran up to Draiz, but seeing her sitting, realized there was really nothing he could do to help. "..." sighing slightly, his shoulders slumped. He really didn't seem to be able to do anything to help, since Draiz was such an enigma to him. As Sarah ran up to try to comfort Draiz and Raul checked the common kuhna in her arms to see if he was okay, Martin trudged back into the treasure room in resignation.

[[Sarah: 58 || Sethor: 100!! WOOOO! || Raul: 23]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 3:27 PM

Within moments the elder kuhna had seemed to disappear. There was no telling where she had gone or if she would appear again any time soon. The little Ballama spirit had disappeared with her.

Idzuna looked over at Martin as he walked into the room. "If you're going to be with her go be with her..." he muttered. "Right now she needs someone... and I don't mean those stupid furballs..." It seemed as though the once fellox refused to follow this once, seeing as how it was obviously him that she ran from.

Menmou was alright, just sound asleep. Talbot and Otiephu were talking to eachother and Draiz, trying to get her to cheer up, even though it wasn't working. They didn't really even know what was wrong. Wasn't Idzuna Draiz's most loyal companion? He spilled his own blood to save her life!
Aesriria : 24
Idzuna:  113
Tie and Tal: 59
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 3:50 PM

Martin didn't hear the former Fellox, but he did feel the power smack that Sethor delivered to his skull. "Don't be an idiot, Martin." he growled. "I don't know what she's doing in that hallway, but I doubt she's happy. Go comfort her." Martin started to say that before it hadn't done anything, but Sethor just smacked him again, so he hurried back into the hallways. Maybe Sethor was right.

Or maybe the powerful Lucain just wasn't pulling his punches much.

Sarah meanwhile, was trying to get to Draiz. "Um.. um... are you okay?" she asked, unsure. If Draiz's friend couldn't help... "At least your Kuhna's okay?" said Raul hopefully, doubting it would work. With this dreary atmosphere, they weren't that surprised that Martin wasn't much help either. "Draiz.. I.. is there anything I can...?"

[[Sarah: 59 || Sethor: 101 (Dalmations)||Raul: 24]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 5:23 PM

Idzuna slowly pulled himself to his feet, eyes downcast and bangs hanging over them. "I'm going to go find a way out..." he muttered before walking out of a different exit then Draiz did. "If she comes back... tell her she doesn't have anything to worry about now... I'm gone." With his words he disappeared into the darkness.

"Just keep that.. that... monster away from me!" the vixen cried, resting her head on her knees. Had something happened in the past that they didn't know about?

Otiephu's ears lowered against her head, knowing that this must be hard on both Draiz and Idzuna. Talbot spoke her consern for her though as he chimmed, "But... he saved your life Draiz... Isn't that worth anything?"

"I don't care... He could die and I wouldn't care." she grumbled.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 5:49 PM

Sethor, alone again in the treasure room, examined the glittering piles. Picking up a chunk of the gem that had been imprisoning Menmou, he bounced it off the pile experimentally. No traps, it seemed... "I wonder why that elder went to so much trouble, just to change Idzuna's form..." he fell silent for a moment, gazing at the smashed crystal. "And she didn't even do it herself. What were those goals  she was talking about...?"

"Monster?" asked Martin, confused, gently nudging Sarah out of the way to sit next to Draiz. "What do you mean, monster? I thought he was one of your really good friends, you seemed so close..." he murmured. "Draiz, I can't help you if I don't KNOW anything..."

Sarah slipped out of the way when Martin nudged her, standing next to Raul. "Sarah, what was that earlier?" he asked. Sarah turned red and ignored him pointedly. Raul rolled his eyes. "Saaraaah, come on. You were all I was thinking of down in the slums..." Sarah looked at him momentarily. "R-really?" she asked shyly. Raul nodded. "I was just upset that I wouldn't get to see you again..." Sarah turned redder and looked away. "Then you shouldn't have done something so stupid in the first place." she mumbled.

[[Sarah: 60 || Sethor: 102 || Raul: 25]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 6:21 PM

Idzuna stopped walking after a while and leaned back against a wall, his hand held over his still wounded shoulder. His breathing was a bit ragged, showing that he was in pain. "Seems like in this form the wound is even closer to my heart... and punching that wall just tore the wound open again..." His body still gave off the same blue glow as when he was a fellox.

"I-I'm only going to tell this story one time... so you better listen..." Draiz muttered, taking in a deep breath to calm herself. Talbot and Otiephu and turned to look at her once again, listening closely. Might as well know what had happened.

"That fox demon in there... was a mercinery in the past... We crossed pathes a few times, and then I started seeing more and more of him..." She les out another shakey breath and went on, "We eventually started to become friends, since it wasn't often that you'd run into another fox demon... One day things took a turn for the worst. I guess I made him mad or for some reason someone wanted me dead... I don't know... Either way... He took my life... rather painfully I must say. Tormenting me, telling me to cry out and he may spare my life... The fact that I had many wounds due to the fact that I refused to fight back meant that I bled to death before I gave in and cried out..."

She looked at Martin and said, "I bet you're wondering 'if he killed her then how is she still alive'?" she looked back down at the ground and continued, "The god of life here in evelon, for whatever reason, decided to let me live again... He told me that someone had turned on the kitsune and killed him... So I wouldn't have to worry about anything... A few months later I found Idzuna, bleeding to death in the rain and took him in... I never knew he was that man..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext