With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 6:31 PM

"That's... that's horrible..." murmured Martin, putting an arm around Draiz, hoping to maybe offer some shred of comfort. "I...I don't...I don't know what to say." he murmured. "I'm sorry. He certainly didn't seem to be like that..."

Sethor experimental took a piece of jewelry from the pile then leapt back. Nothing happened. Hmmm. Could this pile really be untrapped completely?

Raul would have gone on, but he heard Draiz's story, and he and Sarah could only stared at her in horror.

[[Sarah: 61 || Sethor: 103 || Raul: 26]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/16/2007 7:23 PM

"But... He almost got killed to save you earlier!" Talbot exclaimed, standing up now. "If he was still a bad guy there's no way he would have risked his own life to save you..."

Otiephue stood up and gave a small nod. "He's right this time... If Idzuna truely wanted you gone, Draiz... he wouldn't have been doing everything possible for you. You must think that it's possible that he wasn't to make up for what he did..."

how could she forgive him? He killed her! There was no way one could forgive another for trying to take their life. "No... He's just a cold hearted monster that was trying to lull me into a false security..."

The fellox pushed himself off of the wall and continued to trudge onward. "Gotta find a better place to rest..." he muttered to himself, pressing onward in hopes of actually finding a way out.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/16/2007 7:39 PM

"Why would he do that, though?" asked Martin, biting his lip. "I mean, he's just run away, hasn't he? If he wanted to kill you, wouldn't he do it now when you're upset and vulnerable, to maximise the pain?" Sarah and Raul both gave him odd looks. He scowled. "Shut up. I'm just being logical, here."

Sethor stepped forward, and shuffled through the treasure with a paw. It seemed safe. What should he take?

[[Sarah: 62 || Sethor: 104 || Raul: 27]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/17/2007 8:12 AM

Draiz slowly shook her head from side to side. "No... I don't think he'd attack me right now while I'm down... He's injured and all of you are around me." she spoke, bangs covering her tear filled eyes. "Right now he'd easily lose a fight..."

Otiephu gave a small nod. "He's already seen what I can do, so he knows that with me at her side an attempt at her life isn't the smartest thing he can do." The feline felt a bit proud to be protecting her, but at the same time she felt bad for Idzuna.

Talbot let out a small sigh. He just could help but still feel as though Idzuna was actually there to protect her and nothing more.

There was a small amount of light up ahead. Was it a way out? hopefully... He definately didn't want those stories of 'don't go toward the light' come true after all. Idzuna sped his pace a bit, the light becoming larger and getting closer.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/17/2007 4:17 PM

"But there were so many times he could have attacked you, or tricked you into dying... or he could have not attacked the Elder at all, and let it hurt you, or led you into a trap or away from Otiephu..." Martin observed. "It's just... he just didn't seem to hate you, you know? Even when people are hiding it, there's always something there...and it wasn't there. He genuinely seemed to like you, and seemed really upset when you ran from him..."  he looked away. "But what do I know?" Sarah just looked surprised at Martin saying something like that. Raul was surprised that Martin was saying something that at least sounded vaguely intelligent...

Sethor glanced up at the ceiling and jumped back suddenly, hearing a noise. But what fell from the ceiling wasn't a trap, but an Elder Kuhna.

"Hello, Sethor." said Ender pleasantly.

[[Sarah: 63 || Sethor: 105 || Raul: 28 || Ender: 1]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/17/2007 11:03 PM

"I just... I can't trust him anymore..." she muttered softly. What if he was still just playing along, trying to continue to make her feel safe? She couldn't allow herself to get close to someone that may kill her eventually.

Otiephu sighed and stood up. "Cat, you stay with her... Talbot shall come with me to search for the fox..." Within moments she disappeared down the hallway, headed back toward the treasure room. The tiny magma creeper floated after her, not knowing if this was the best of ideas.

"Looks like you're not getting anywhere fast." Aesriria spoke with a small chuckle, standing before Idzuna now, a smirk on her face. "Can't blame me though, for it wasn't I that gave you back your true form. The little spirit did, which means it was given back as a gift from those who took it."

The fellox let out a snarl. "I didn't ask for this body back... She thinks I'm a monster now because of you and that blasted spirit!!"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/18/2007 12:14 PM

"You're wondering why and how I'm here." Said Ender, before Sethor could speak. "I've had... a revelation." Sethor rolled his eyes. Ender loved talking in riddles, and he claimed it was what "kept him sane". But however strange he was, his insights were usually remarkably well informed and almost always right. "Idzuna's..." Ender paused momentarily, searching for a word. "...endangered? Something bad." he mumbled to himself, now completely ignoring Sethor. The Elder's subconscious mind was sharp, but he often had trouble telling what he'd found out. Sethor, however, knew to take his remarks as serious. "Where?" Ender looked flatly at him, and Sethor rolled his eyes. Of course the Kuhna wouldn't know something as precise as that. Bolting out of the room, he glanced the dead end and ran the other way, hoping Idzuna was in that direction. Ender just scowled. "...wasn't finished." he mumbled, mark flashing growing irregular as he thought deeply, the marks on his head frozen in ebony.

Martin didn't notice Sethor running out of the room, nor did he notice Sarah and Raul sneaking into the room, eager to be away from Draiz's misery, seeing nothing for them to do- she'd barely acknowledged their efforts. All Martin noticed was Draiz was retreating into herself. His arguments were nothing essentially nothing. "But... he... he's been your friend twice, hasn't he? Doesn't that count for anything? A chance to explain?" he asked, but lapsed into silence. "...I suppose it doesn't, does it?" he murmured. "There's nothing he can do, is there?"

[[Sarah: 64 || Sethor: 105 || Raul: 29 || Ender: 2]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/18/2007 11:38 PM

"You couldn't keep fooling her forever, Idzuna. If she found out later on the results may have been even worse then they were now." Aesriria spoke, taking a step toward the humanoid fellox, who was now supporting himself by keeping his hand pressed against the wall, holding himself up. "You may still even have a chance to redeem yourself now..."

His eyes narrowed and he pushed himself away from the wall, the sound of drops of blood splashing down to the floor echoing down the empty hall. "There is no way she will ever forgive my sins. I am forever cursed for my wrongs... and she has every right to fear and hate me." He thus continued down the hallway, passing the elder kuhna and leaving the temple. His scent, and even a few drops of blood here and there.

Otiephu saw Sethor run by and shook her head. "He's heading the wrong way..." she muttered, continuing on in her search for the fellox. His scent had gone through a whole different passage then Martin, Draiz, and the others. Talbot, following the khimera, spoke, "Tie... I hope we can help them fix everything... I saw the look on Idzuna's face as Draiz ran away and... it wasn't one of joy..."

Draiz shook her head slowly. "No... This will never be mended... I can not trust him for too many reasons..." The vixen stood up, kuhna in her arms. "Still... I can't stay here and mope forever. I need to get Menmou home..."
(Idzuna has now left this roleplay. He'll be somewhere else soon)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/19/2007 2:01 PM

Sethor, so far unfamiliar with Idzuna's scent, and the job made more difficult by the strange human scent, which had now dominated his scent, made it near impossible for him to track by scent, so he didn't try. But he hadn't ended up choosing the right path, which he found out when he nearly died setting off a trap, whereas Idzuna couldn't have set off any or they would have heard. That, and Idzuna couldn't have got this far. Swearing, he walked back to the treasure room to find Ender gone- no surprise there, the Kuhna had probably wandered off down the dead end corridor Martin had gone into. Turning back to the treasure pile, he noticed a small trinket, contrasted in its simplicity and lack of dust to the rest of the treasure. Intrigued, he picked it up. It was small chain of what looked like gold. Sethor slipped it into his anklet, tucking it between the metal and his fur. He'd study it in depth later. He didn't bother about the small flakes of gold or whatever it was coated with rubbing off onto his anklet.

Sarah and Raul entered moments later, relieved to be away from the depressing scene, glancing at Sethor. "What'd you run off for?" Sethor shrugged. "Nothing much." he said dismissively.

Martin nodded. "Yeah... I guess. Sorry I... Sorry I'm pretty much useless, huh?" he said, smiling weakly. "Now we just-" "-need to find away out of here, huh?" finished Ender, smiling with a slightly spacey look on his face. "Ceiling. There's grooves where old trap parts used to be- rocks, nail boards, stuff that would be falling, you know. You can get into the passages from the pile of treasure." Martin looked blankly at him. "What on earth are you doing here?" Ender looked pained. "I... I don't know. I ended up here." Martin rolled his eyes. Ender wandered alot.

[[Sarah: 65 || Sethor: 106 || Raul: 30 || Ender: 3]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Riri: 27

Postby Kyrit » 09/20/2007 2:20 PM

Aesriria shook her head and let out a small sigh. "Oh well... At least now that I've done all that I can surely they'll lay off and let me do whatever I want..." she muttered, disappearing down a different hallway.

His scent led Otiephu to the exit tunnel, where she could see the splatters of his blood on the tiles below. "So his wound is bleeding again..." Talbot muttered with a small sigh. "There's no use in going after him though... We'll get lost out in the desert..." His feline companion gave a small nod.

Draiz looked down at Ender. He looked so much like the kuhna they had seen earlier, but she knew he was Aesriria. "Martin.... I take it you know him and we can trust his words...?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/20/2007 2:49 PM

"Yeah, I know him. This is Ender, the pen's resident constantly distracted quasi-psychic." said Martin, pointing to Ender who was already wandering towards the treasure room. Martin rolled his eyes, then extended a hand to Draiz. "Are you ready to head into the treasure room or do you think you should wait here?" he asked softly, ears flattening slightly.

Raul glanced at Sarah. "So... now that we're not running along..." he said carefully. "What was that all about?" Sarah flushed. "I... I'm just glad you're not dead, you know?" she mumbled, looking away from him and blushing. "I... I like you." Raul blushed slightly. "Um... thanks." he said. Sethor watched in mild amusement. Ah, Kuhnas in love...

[[Sarah: 66 || Sethor: 107 || Raul: 31 || Ender: 4]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/22/2007 11:23 AM

The vixen looked down at the common kuhna held within her arms, her ears hanging low. She took Martin's hand, careful to keep hold of Menmou with the other, and gave a small nod. "Yeah... Best not hang around here any more..." she muttered.

Talbot hopped onto Otiephu's back and spoke, "Well... Better get back to the others... I doubt Idzuna is close by anymore." The feline gave a small nod and began padding off down the hallway, heading back to where the treasure room was.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/22/2007 12:14 PM

Martin nodded and started towards the treasure room, poking his head in to see Ender standing at the bottom of the pile, looking up at a hole in the ceiling above it. "Uh... are we going to climb up that?" he asked sceptically. "Yes." Ender said simply, started to do so, paws finding gaps in the pile and pushing off goblets, jewels, and gold. Jewels bounced down the pile, and a small amount of golden dust rubbed off onto the Elder's leg as he climbed to the top of the pile and leapt into the chamber above.

Sethor bounded up after him, sending necklaces and bracelets bouncing about as he leapt in behind the Kuhna.

Sarah followed after him, with Raul scrambling up behind her. Wincing when something bit into his foot, he looked down to see a small tiara had pricked him, leaving the slightest bit of dust on his heel. Reaching down, he snagged the tiara, intending to give it to Sarah, before heading the rest of the way to the roof passage.

Martin looked at Draiz, squeezing her hand momentarily. "Shall we?"

[[Sarah: 67 || Sethor: 108 || Raul: 32 || Ender: 5]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/22/2007 8:33 PM

Her pets hadn't arrived back there yet, and it was begining to worry her. The vixen looked at the blood splatter on the ground from when Idzuna had reopened his wound by punching the wall. She refused to leave without Otiephu and Talbot.

"Umm... Tie?" the magma crepper muttered, scooting forward to look down into her cyan eyes. "I believe we may have gotten lost..." The only light surrounding them was from Talbot's flamey glow. Luckily Otiephu could see in the dark.

"No duh moron..." the feline grumbled, glancing about to see where they had gone wrong. "I swear we took the right path... I know it because of the blood..."
Tie and Tal: 68
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/22/2007 9:14 PM

Martin looked out into the passage, frowning slightly. "Where did your pets go? I thought they were going to be coming back...?" he said, as Sethor held the Kuhna back from leaving, watching the catboy. Something was wrong.

Ender looked generally lost, as per usual. He looked around, confused, and shook momentarily, once more lost and feeling alone in a place that he wasn't sure about. He didn't like this part of his subconscious existence, never knowing anything about who or what...

Raul glared up at Sethor. "What are we waiting for?" Sarah sighed and bopped him on the head, shushing him.

[[Sarah: 68 || Sethor: 109 || Raul: 33 || Ender: 6]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext