With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

In the Wilt'no Desert (self) -Ended-

Postby Grace » 03/07/2010 5:34 AM

Dakota - Lvl 1

Dakota lay on the sand in quad form. To an onlooker she would have been invisible except for her blue eyes. She was half-covered in sand and some of her belongings were hidden underneath her. The sand below her was slightly cooler that the sand around her, but ever so slightly.
She raised her head and looked around. Sand. Lots, and lots of sand. She lowered her head, pity. If only there were others... people I could, at least laugh at for getting lost in the desert. She shifted her position and closed her eyes, trying to hear anything, anything other than the sound of her breathing.
She remembered the argument she had had at home...
She felt more relaxed and at home in the desert than back there with all the other creatures. Ever since Gorgia had gone away for a while... well, the council had been out of hand. They had taken the liberty of being gigantic pains in the butt!
The only people who could get on Dakota's nerves were those moronic and annoying council members.
Dakota, usually the one ending fights ended up being a member of a fight. This was highly unlike her. Not like her at all...
But being here at the desert would give her time to get her mind right. Calm down, soothe herself. She had hidden her belongings in the sand below here. She didn't want to be found. And some of the brightly coloured items she owned would stand out. So she just relaxed and waited.

Kodi - 1.1
I pretty much went POOF ages ago, and left for a very long while....

If I was in a RP with you and left you hanging (and you haven't left it already) then please, please let me know. <3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 61
Donate

Re: In the Wilt'no Desert

Postby Grace » 03/08/2010 2:51 AM

Dakota

Though most people would find it strange that she found the desert comforting, Dakota did. Most people had trouble fighting for survival in the desert, but she wasn't like that. She didn't fight the desert, she lived with the desert.
Or at least tried. She wasn't the best at living in the desert, but she wasn't the worst either. Most people wandered around and around, using up thier water... she didn't.
She preffered to stay in one place until she was either found or until she had no choice but to move on.
She was getting tired, so she decided to just shift herself so that she was lying down more comfortably. She may not be able to sleep, but a little bit of relaxing wasn't going to hurt.
Better than going and wandering off like a lost pup.

Kodi - 1.2

If I was in a RP with you and left you hanging (and you haven't left it already) then please, please let me know. <3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 03/08/2010 8:02 AM

Dakota

After a while, Dakota got up out of the sand, she shook herself to get rid of most of the sand. She morphed into her humanoid form and brushed the rest of the sand off. She pulled out her belongings from her hiding place and took a drink of water.
She then equiped her other items onto her person and stretched, she felt stiff from sitting idle for so long. She sighed and looked into the sky, the sun would go down soon. It was safe enough to hang around in her humanoid form since the sun would go down soon.
'Can't get sunburnt if there's no sun to burn ya,' she murmered.
She had her cumpass in her hand. She'd been out in the desert for long enough to be quite a while away from the edge. Who knows how long it would take her to get out.
She checked her watersupply, she had enough for about two more days if she used it sparsely, and even then she would be pushing it a little.
Where's the fun in that? her less sensible side said. Then her more rational side said sarcastically, Yes, because being killed from dehydration would be soooo much fun.
She shrugged and decided to just go west for the time being, she was planning to see some friends at the Roraldi Forest, she wouldn't have much trouble with that. It was quite some distance, but she wasn't expected for a month. That gave her plenty of time. Maybe she could even find some source of water on the way to fill up.

Kodi - 1.3

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 03/09/2010 7:48 AM

Dakota

She hummed a soft tune as she walked slowly. No need to waste energy, she thought.
After she's been on the move for a little more than an hour, she looked at the sky briefly to see how long it was until susnset. By the looks of things it would go down any minute now.
She crouched and watched the sunset before looking at the stars. The night sky was so clear. Clearer than at home, she thought dreamily.
She stood up again and sighed, she would have liked to stay and gaze at the stars for so much longer, but she really had to be going now.
With many vows to come back to the desert again, she set out again.
Humming, she checked the cumpass and adjusted her position to westward again. She took a drink of water, not too much to quickly, but enough to tide her over for a while.

Kodi - 1.4

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Grace » 03/12/2010 5:24 AM

Dakota

Dakota was still humming her song as she saw the edge of the desert come into sight. She paused as she realized she'd been humming a lullaby. Huh.
She shrugged and moved on, she didn't feel any reel urge to leave the desert, but she knew if she didn't leave now, she wouldn't ever leave. It woudn't bother her so much if she didn't have lots of other people depending on her for survival. She sighed.
She mumbled something about people, then remembered how enjoyable it was to be social sometimes. She smiled a rare smile and walked on. Well, it wasn't so bad... after all, she kinda liked the desert.
She'd gotten over her anger, and practically forgot the whole fuss.
And Dakota walked out of there with a smile on her face.

Kodi - 2.5

Wishlist ~ Zoo Pen
Grace
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate