With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Cave of Wonders [Contest Thread]

Postby Ashes » 07/17/2010 6:26 PM

I stared, wondering what to do now. I continued to walk, squinting in the faint light of the cave. "Forget this, Where is everything? "  I asked, trying to stay calm, and losing my nerve with every heartbeat. I had to stop and rest. I felt an odd chill creep up on me, s if the days of nightmares haunted this place too.
Back from.. a two year hiatus? o.o;
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 408
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/20/2010 11:25 PM

Celtic:
The last room didn't have a torch or any light source to fill the room. No, there was one single candle in the center. It barely lit a circle around it. But it could be seen there was something next to it. Whatever it was, it was round, and made of fabric. Upon further expectation it looked like a bag of KS? There was a note attached, it read: Congratulation dear participant, we hope you will enjoy this token of our appreciation.

((Congratulations! You’ve found 400ks! Your prize will be sent shortly / Sad I wanted to scare Ororo more XD ))

rayquaza7996:
The Stargoyle growled again, it seemed it was protecting something. It held it's wings back and roared loudly.
"I will not let you take my treasure!" It shouted.
It started to charge at the Hollowheart, but there came a peep from behind and it stopped it's attack. Out came an Albino Piyo from the next room. It ran past the Stargoyle and up to Bloodlust. It peeped over and over, seeming to consider Bloodlust it's mother. The Stargoyle tilted his head with confusion. But he shook it off and disappeared into the room, leaving them.

((Congratulations! You’ve befriended an Albino Piyo! Your prize will be sent shortly))

Krystalolive:
The Shii kept bowling, it was so upset.
"I-I l-lost my way...and c-can't find my m-momma!" It shouted.
The last words finished with a loud whine and more tears. The poor guy was to small and weak to do this all on his won.

Akida:
As the Hollowheart squeezed herself out of the last room, there came a chuckle. In the path there was something there, something furry. As it approached, it seemed to be a Baby Doom Kitty.
It chuckled again and stopped just at Persephone feet. Looking up it smiled to her.
"Wow, you almost didn't make it, did you?" He laughed.
He ran around in a circle, chuckling joyfully.

Ashes:
There were the sounds of gears whirling, and other mechanical noises. Just down the path there was a glimmer of light bouncing off of metal. It was a Velix.
It walked up to the Wockee and smiled.
"Be-fore you can con-tin-ue, you must an-swer this rid-dle." He said, his voice monotone and having spaces.
"The-re are three boys that walk up to a tree. On the tree, the-re are ten ap-ples. No-body takes an ap-ple, how ma-ny ap-ples are left?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next round will start with Krystalolive, unless Celtic or Ray want to post a finisher o3o

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 1:49 PM

[[Heck yes I'm going to post a finisher D:< <333 Thanks for the KS D8; I needed it. I really actually did. Like no lie XD]]

Ororo was like going to die if there was somethign in there. D8 I mean, he just got rid of Dakkie and if something else came by Dakkie would probably just like refuse and oh god. He would seriously like die. ;-; Not a good thing by the way. Like really though. The thing probably wouldn't even cause his death, he would die of like heart attack or something. Then whoever was in the room would have it on their conscience that Dakota would be unleashed on the world angry and killful D:<

THANKFULLY though, there wasn't anything there. And Ororo took a second to like say thank you to the gods. And proceeded to trip on the bag and like faint for a moment. Dx Stupid lucain. But anyways, when he was recovered [kinda] Ororo saw what it was. MOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEEEYYYY.... 8DD! His eyes widened and ohmaigosh. He was like rich now. Like seriously 8D. I think whoever left this here made his day. Like seriously. Maybe even his life. Not kidding though. he may be an idiot but he has a pretty good memory.

And with that, the lucain [though slightly dissapointed that there was no damsel in distress] skipped off to where he hoped was the way out.... Oh dear. Good luck dude.

[[And he's gone. Again Thank yooou <3]]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/21/2010 1:58 PM

Ohmygod it had big round eyes. Big. Round. Eyes. Ohmygosh, ohmygosh. IT WAS LIKE, A PUPPY OR SOMETHING. EXCEPT WITH WINGS. DO WANT.

"Oh, do you need a new home? It's okay. Daddy Bloodlust will take care of you. "Daddy" Bloodlust is also really bored of this cave." He blinked before picking up the little bird. Could he break through the ceiling? No, and if he did, it would be copying Nakal.

So Bloodlust simply - oh! He saw someone else leaving! Quickly skimming past them and turning his head to grin as he left, he finally emerged.

"Good luck!"

(Bloody's gone <3)

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Krystalolive » 07/21/2010 11:59 PM

Draco looked down at the little creature. It was obviously just a child still. "Calm down little one. I'll happily help you. Here, climb on my back so you don't have to.." He paused, wondering what they did. "Hop around. Where did you last see your mother?" He wrapped his tail around so the end was in front of Shii.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/24/2010 4:54 PM

[Omg It's been too long -_- I almost forgot about this!! TT^TT]

The female Imperial Hollowheart stopped as soon as she was out of the small room. She continually cursed in another language under her breath. She checked to see that all of her beautiful scales were in place and looked back at the dark entrance of the room. She hissed menacingly at the innocent object. It wasn't it's fault that it wasn't created with Hollowhearts in mind..

Dusting off any extra dirt and rubble, Persephone made an attempt at continuing her quest of mystery but was stopped short. A rather soft chuckling accompanied by a very tiny and furry body. She looked closer at the creature, tilting her head slightly to the side in that curious little way she always does when she's slightly confused or surprised.

How cute.. A baby doom kitty in a hole like this... Something must be wrong. She kept this thought to herself and watched as the creature crawled to her clawed feet and chuckle again. She rolled her eyes and scoffed in a manner much unlike her normal self. These caverns where taking an effect on her. It was subtle, but the effects were there.

The little fur ball asked her a rather ridiculous question. Ridiculous in her mind that is..
Little one I must admit that you are, in fact, correct. I almost did not make it, but almost is the same as not my friend. Why is such a tiny little fur ball like you in a place like this? I understand it provides shelter from the heat of the desert, but there must be other places better than this one.
She put down her clawed arm to try and stop the little thing from running around.
Please stop that. It is rather tiring.
As she said that she moved on down the passageway. She took to this annoyance a little better than the last one. That ferikkoon was somehow more annoying... Then again, Persephone was a strange one.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Ashes » 07/26/2010 8:13 PM

I tried to answer correctly. "Uh, it's ten, right..?"  I said, but knew this was wrong. the thing about riddles was that they had hidden lies, and were hard for me. "I am sorry, I just have no inclination to get it.." I trialed off, tired and worried.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/26/2010 11:24 PM

Celtic and rayquaza7996:
There was a gust of air that blew behind them as they left. It seemed to whisper something to them.
"Good bye~" It cackled, seeming to have had fun with them.

Krystalolive:
The Shii suddenly stopped and looked around. He seemed to have heard something. He looked up to Draco then started to bounce happily.
"Do you hear that? Do you hear that!?" It shouted.
It started to bounce down the path, disappearing into the darkness. It seemed to be gone entirely. But just as someone would think that it had left for good, there came a pitter patter noise. Like the Shii was headed back towards Draco. But in surprise, instead of it being the Shii, it was a Candle Lubshi. It looked up to Draco confused. It tilted it's head and looked up to him. It then smiled and ran up to his leg. Rubbing his head against him, purring slightly.

((Congratulations! You’ve befriended a Candle Lubshi! Your prize will be sent shortly))

Akida:
The kitten chuckled again.
"I am down here cause I am watching over one of the many prizes." He replied, smiling menacingly.
He hoped after her, trying to keep up.
"Didn't you hear me? I have a prize foe you!" He shouted, running in front to stop her.
He smiled again.
"Your going to like this, you really are."

Ashes:
The Velix ran after him, his gears screeching with each movement.
"No, N-o! You c-an't just give up!" He shouted.
He strained his gears to try and keep up.
"Just try a-gain!"

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 07/27/2010 2:36 AM

Draco watched the little Shii walk away, then waited in the silence. 'Huh... I wonder if he heard his mother.' He was about to leave when Draco heard something coming back. He stared at the Lubshi, then smiled when he figured out that it was the Shii. When it ran up and started purring, Draco leaned down and looked at it. "Well, you're a cute little one. I wonder if you'll evolve. I don't care either way." He looked around. "I guess I should leave now that I've found what I was looking for. Huh, I wonder what was at the end of this maze of tunnels." He picked up the Lubshi and placed it on his back. "Oh well, time to go home."

((It was okay for me to make a leaving post right?  :oops: ))
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/28/2010 7:43 PM

Persephone stopped at the kitty's crying request and looked down at the little thing.
A prize for me you say...Hmmm...I do not trust that glint in your eye kitten, but I'll will listen to what thee has to say.

She wasn't planning on falling for a trick of the cave just yet...but what if it wasn't a trick. She had no clue whether or not to trust this kitten. He was truly there in front of her face. He was real. She sighed and went along with whatever this kitten was planning.
What kind of prize is it little one? I am curious as to how you know I will like this prize though, but you have been down here longer than I and probably have been watching me from the shadows or blind spots. Her large tail thumped the ground as was her usual habit when she lay down speaking to another. She simply watched the doom kitten closely and waited patiently for his next statements or actions. Not like there was much else to do than to be rude and leave the kitten where he sat, but this hollowheart was not the type to do that.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Ashes » 07/28/2010 8:42 PM

I tried to understand. Thinking about it, It just didn't seem logical. If there were... I tried to clear my mind, but still, I could not. "Look, I have no clue, but I will guess one more time. Got it? " I asked, tired of the interfering. "Five?" I asked, confused. I sat down, my head buzzing with random thoughts.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/04/2010 8:41 PM

Akida:
The Doom Kitty chuckled again, seeming to not be fazed by the size of the Hollowheart. He ran around, laughing at nothing really.
"You seem so tense, so worried over nothing." He chuckled.
He ran off into the distance. It seemed he was going to give up on the Hollowheart all together. But just as it seemed he wouldn't come back, there sound of his laughter could he heard as he walked back.
"Miss me?" he asked.
He smiled widely as he motioned to something to follow behind him. Just as he did so, a little Kuhna walked up behind him.
"Here's your prize, I don't care if you do or don't want it. It is yours, take it with you." He said sternly.
And with that the Doom Kitty turned and ran off for the last time. Leaving the Hollowheart behind with her prize.

((Congratulations! You’ve befriended a Pearberry Kuhna ! Your prize will be sent shortly))

Ashes:
The Velix looked down sadly, it seemed the Carolwockee had gotten it wrong again. He shook his head, how could he not understand how to answer this riddle. It was an easy one, Velix had calculated the answer right away. But he wasn't mean, he hated making people upset. So he ran up to the Carolwockee and smiled.
"The an-sw-er is in-cor-rect, but y-ou still get a pr-ize." He said.
He pointed just down the path, there standing, waiting, was a Leumoo. It seemed to be the prize, and he Velix motioned for the Carolwockee to take it.

((Congratulations! You’ve befriended a Leumoo ! Your pize will be sent shortly))

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, that seems to be it. Akida and Ashes can reply with their final if they wish. Other than that this contest it over ^^

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 08/05/2010 9:18 PM

I stared, confused, but happy I had gotten anything at all. I smiled, and hugged the Lemoo, knowing it was mine until I was dead. Nothing could be better. "Thank you" I said to the poor creature. I felt sad, but excited i had gotten something at all. I walked out of the cave, feeling like not all was lost. Just my dignity. I would get over it.

(great contest! Can i be in the next one too? )
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous