With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Cave of Wonders [Contest Thread]

Postby Krystalolive » 06/30/2010 11:33 PM

Draco went down the path, then mentally kicked himself. 'Why did I come this way? My head was saying I should go the other way... Oh well. I'll just see what's down here.' He shrugged, then continued. That is, until he ran into a cursed Yonyuu. It sat in Draco's path, yelling about something.

"It's much too dangerous for you to go any farther."

This statement made Draco scowl just a bit more than he usually did. Too dangerous? If that wimp of a Lucain and that other Hollowheart could follow this path, why couldn't he? Draco had been through a lot of things far more dangerous than this place. 'Or does this place seem far worse that it appears?' Draco took a deep breath and calmed down. "And why, my little Yonyuu, do you say it's 'much too dangerous'?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/04/2010 1:37 AM

She was half of the way down the bright tunnel when a little Ferrikoon came down to her bursting with questions. She continued walking as she answered them each.
I am fine. I'm not entirely sure, but there is some prize if I make it through. Not until you just mentioned it. Have you, now? Well our opinions differ there my little annoyance.
Her hollowheart's grin somewhat evil-looking.
Either way, I don't think there is any turning back for me my dear Ferrikoon..

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Ashes » 07/04/2010 1:36 PM

I smi9led at the noisy creature, excited. "I am here to win!" I shouted, and decided to bring him/her along with me. Smiling, I asked " Do you want to come with me?! " I waited, eager and smiling.  It all depended on how I was feeling. Moody little me. I smiled, hopping with joy.
Back from.. a two year hiatus? o.o;
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 408
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/06/2010 12:51 AM

Celtic:
The Kirund seemed to walk back and forth, eying the Lucain. He seemed to stop when he reached the candle. Sitting down and breathing heavily.
"That was a good dodge." He said, chuckling slightly.
He smiled, seeming to be messing with the Lucain.
"I didn't mean to frighten you, I was just told to try and stop you no matter what." He stated.
He shrugged.
"But now I'm bored, so I guess you can just go." He said.
The Kirund seemed to look off into the distance. He stood up and started to head for the path that the Lucain had come from.
"Go ahead and choose the next path." He said, giving the Lucain another smile before running off.
So now you have to choose again, Left or Right?

rayquaza7996:
The Shii smiled widely and bounced around.
"Oh thank you mister, thank you so much!" He shouted.
He climbed onto Bloodlust's head and looked around. He noticed in the distance, where the Hollowheart had come from, there was a light. He gasped, and a ladder, that was where his mother would be. He bounced around again.
"There, mister, there!" He shouted. "I can climb up there."
He smiled and bounced back to the ground.
"I'll be on my way then. Thanks for all the help." He said, before bouncing to the ladder.
You now have to choose again, left or Right?

Krystalolive:
The Yonyuu stood up and gave the Hollowheart a good stare. He was going to show him that he wasn't a push over.
"Because, a cave in has blocked the rest of the path." He replied.
He stood up straighter, trying to hide his lie. He blinked slowly.
"But if you don't believe me, just go an look." He said, thinking that the Hollowheart would decline and just turn around.
But just then, a Fuyu Shii bounced past them. And the Yonyuu bite his lips. Now his lie was obvious. He sighed.
"Fine, I was lying, just go on." He said, ashamed.
He walked away, not wanting to confront the Hollowheart. Now you have to choose, Left or Right?

Akida:
The Ferrikoon seemed to brighten up when she mentioned a pet.
"So there is a prize?" He said, fluttering in the air again. "I will have to try and get it.
He sniffed the air, which way would be the best to take?
"I've already been down these paths." He sighed.
He crossed his arms and grumbled, he didn't want to go home empty handed.
"Whatever." He shrugged, and flew down the left most path, disappearing in the darkness.
Now you have a choice, Left or Right?

Ashes:
The Relowockee shook his head.
"Naw, I was just about to head out." He said.
He ran around the Carolwockee again.
"This place is boring, plus I didn't find anything." He said, his voice sounding excited.
He stopped as he got in the direction to the ladder.
"You can follow me, then we can have fun." He chuckled.
The Relowockee ran off, leaving the Carolwockee alone.
So now you have to choose, follow him, or go Left or Right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement:
Celtic is on vacation, but will not be disqualified. Just skip her post (meaning rayquaza7996 can post first) and she will join in again when she returns.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/08/2010 2:00 PM

[[XDDD I think the fact I didn't miss this just made my day :o <3 P=]]

Dakota was not at all pleased that the Kirund just walked off. He was ready to fight! A low grumble emerged from his throat but the Kirund didn't seem at all interested. Now the lucain was furious and he wanted to rip something up! If it wouldn't be that Kirund there better damn well be something up there that he could fight.

Unlike some Split lucain, Dakota's body physically had changed from Ororo's. Yes they were still identical twins but Dakota had muscles that rippled his coat as he moved, and his left ear was torn. He tells everyone that it's from a battle but in all reality he did it himself in a fight to remain in control of the body. Ororo was the dominant one after all so he was entitled to take back control whenever he wanted. But thoughts like that only served to make Dakota angrier. As it was his tails lashed low to the floor and his body was practically trembling from being so tense. Maybe Ororo should take control back before Dakota killed something.

Ororo wasn't just ready yet. He was still quivering from fear of the Kirund. He didn't believe the trick for a second and was in the proccess of convincing himself that it would be back and it would kill him. So for now, letting Dakota handle things was in these events the better choice. Still it went against his better judgement to let Dakota remain for long, so even as scared as he was, Ororo would not let him stay for very long. Otherwise he risked remaining the dominant brother.

Dakota meanwhile was still busy in his violent thoughts of murder and nashing his brother to pieces. He wasn't exactly the nicest person in the world. He was so caught up he didn't even realize that he was coming to a fork and ran straight into a wall. Growling furiously as he cleared his head from the impact, Dakota glared at the wall. He might be angry but he wasn't stupid enough to actually attack the wall no matter how much he wanted to. Instead though he just turned to his Left and continued on with a trotting pace, ready to attack the next moving creature he saw.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/09/2010 7:49 PM

((I have returned from my own vacation <3))

Bloodlust grinned. The diamond-eyed baby was safe at home now. He waved goodbye and continued on to the room. A set of tracks indicated that the not-very-tasty lucain had gone left, so he was heading right. After all, the baby was safe now. No sense sticking around to bother it and its mother! 8D

In a much better mood since before the incident, the vampire practically skipped off.

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Krystalolive » 07/10/2010 12:45 AM

Draco stared at the Yonyuu as he tried to talk tough, and almost knocked him out of the way when one of those Shii things hopped by. Draco glared back at the Yonyuu with a smirk. "Yeah caved in. Whatever." He smiled as he walked farther into the cave. Now it was time to choose again. Left or right? Draco looked into the two tunnels, then shrugged. He went to the left. Hopefully the little Shii went this way.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/11/2010 5:18 PM

As the Ferrikoon fluttered down the path, Persephone shook her head slightly. Hopefully there was more than one prize, because there was already a set of five searching for the prize in these underground caverns. She listened to the poor thing sigh and mumble before he flew off toward the left most path. She wished him well in spite of there being one prize or twenty. It was not really her way to totally bring down someone. Although there were times.... She shook her head clear of the thoughts and continued down the abnormally bright tunnel. Another fork just as the map had shown, and just as she had planned, she moved into the corridor that went off to the left. Her plan consisted of keeping an easy path and that is what she will keep to.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 07/11/2010 5:23 PM

"I highly doubt there isn't anything down there. Lets go find out!" I said, and kicked up dust as I went down the hole. I heard very little behind me, and walked on. "Hey, so, why are you here? Where are we, anyway? " I asked, excited to go on this adventure. I went RIGHT
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/14/2010 2:17 AM

Celtic:
It seemed like the cave knew of Dakota's anger. The next chosen path turned lightly before opening to it's next room. The light there was much brighter and brightened the whole room. There was not a single shadow anywhere. It seemed nothing was in here, and no matter how hard you looked you will not find anything. The caves seem to have no obstacle this time.

rayquaza7996:
It seemed the Hollowheart wasn't so lucky in choosing a different path than the Lucain. The Lucain was lucky that he didn't encounter anything, but this Hollohwheart wouldn't be as lucky. There was a light growl coming from the room ahead. Something in there wasn't liking how Bloodlust was getting so close. The growl seemed to grow and get louder with each step. The torch there had long gone out and the room was black, though through the darkness there was two white eyes peering through the darkness. Suddenly a flash of white sprang out and attempted to bite Bloodlust on the foot. It was a little Marble Stargoyle.

Krystalolive:
There was a whimper in the path just before the next room. In a small hole at the foot of the path, there was a little pink ball. Further inspection would show it was the same Shii from before.
It looked up to Draco, it's eyes full of tears. It whimpered lightly again and crawled out into the open.
"I-I am l-lost again.." It cried.
It's voice was barely audible, drowned by whimpers. It looked up to Draco, hoping he could help in any way.

Akida:
Luckily for her, she chose a path that also didn't have anything at the next room. So she literally chose the easier path. The room that came next was smaller, and seemed it wouldn't even fit her in it. The light there was just enough to the room and the entrance and exit of each path. Since nothing was blocking her way, then she could continue on, choosing the next path.

Ashes:
The Relowockee reared up when he noticed the Carolwockee following after him.
"Why are you following me?" He asked, stopping just inside the path back. "If you want to get the prize then don't follow me. I am heading out, I don't care about the prize anymore." He sighed, back off down the path a little.
Truthfully he was trying to get away from the Wockee, not wanting to be with him anymore. He was annoying, and childish in a way.
((Yes, Ashes, keep going, I was trying to stop you from leaving by having the Wockee leave you behind oPo))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Ashes » 07/14/2010 7:16 PM

-post destroyed-
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/14/2010 8:06 PM

((Ashes its not over, you have to go on through the caves through to the end))

Dakota was furious that there was nothing. Positively furious. He even went so far to somehow singe his tail! He yelped, then barked trying to cover up the pathetic little yelp he had made. Ugh. His muzzle scrunched up in distaste. He had sounded like Ororo for a minute there. That would have made him gag or throw his lunch away. Bleh. If there was nothing else to hate in the room, Dakota could still hate Ororo. Because the two were stuck together. And therefore, they could always have time to fight, make it up to each other, and hate one another. So with that, Dakota's mouth curved upward into a devilish grin as he sent all his hatrad for this obstacle to his brother. Once he was focused enough to multi-task, the lucain continued on at a slow walk, wanting his brother to have every minute of agony he could afford to give.

DDDDDDDX That pretty much summed up Ororo's feelings right then. He would have most definately cried if he were let to, but he was a lucain and even as a spirit they could not cry. Instead he yelped, only to have that yelp evaporate even before it made a slight noise Dakota could hear. Ororo couldn't do anything to fight them. He was just a spirit. He didn't have any sort of defense a mind had. He couldn't throw up walls to protect himself. He couldn't even direct his own thoughts to Dakota. There was just one thing he could do. And that was take back control :o

Sniffling to himself, Ororo slowly made a step forward D8 Then another... And another. Dakota's anger scared him to death, and he feared that with such power he would be resisted. And Ororo wasn't near strong enough to handle resisitance. Not that Dakota was able to resisit, but neither of the two had figured that one out.

Finally though, he was close enough. All that was left to do was hop in. ;-; Th-that was all... Right? Ororo's eyes grew wide as he lowered slightly to the ground. He wasn't a very good spirit, no not in the least. Finally though, he just jumped.

And soon enough his own eyes blinked in front of him and a belated series of yelps could be heard through the cavern, not seeming to come from the lucain himself, but over to the left a bit. Huh. Puzzling. Ororo was perfectly happy not to have that evil prescense to be sensed anymore! (: He didn't have to worry about his next move either. Cause, guess what? He knew it 8D!

Now for the next decision in his own body. Which pathway? :o Gasp. Ororo didn't know. So he just closed his eyes, spun around and walked forward. Into a wall! Owwie. Shaking his head to clear it from the slight uh, bump in with the wall Dx Ororo looked towards the closest path and walked down it.

Though just for the record, it was Left.

[[okay. Seriously? I feel pretty awesome for making nothing into awesomeness. seriously]]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/14/2010 9:07 PM

Bloodlust peered at the little creature inquisitively. Attack him? He laughed loudly before glaring at it, baring huge fangs at his much smaller attacker and beginning to emit a strange, wailing noise. The noise was a nightmare, a total overload for most, and it could even stun most foes, but the blood dragon hardly heard his banshee's screech. He cut it off.

"Please. I really don't want to hurt you, little one. You don't even have blood for me to drink, more likely than not." A twisted smile lit up the vampire hollowheart's face. "Though I could surely check..."

((0))

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Krystalolive » 07/15/2010 10:22 PM

Draco walked farther into the cave, then stopped when he saw the little Shii. It was crying, and even though Draco was many things bad, he couldn't just walk by when a child was crying and lost. He leaned down and forced a little smile.

"Are you lost little guy? I'll help in any way I can." Draco talked in a soft, cheerful voice. He always had a soft spot for kids, and helped out with them back home. He would never, ever let anyone he knew know that though. Being kid friendly kinda hurt his 'fearsome beast' appearance.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 07/16/2010 4:16 AM

Nothing. Not a single thing... with the exception of the walls of course. But it was utterly empty! The path the ferrikoon from earlier took was a different one. Thank goodness. She'd rather the company of a very inquisitive lucain pup at that moment. Her pre-planned direction had taken her on yet another left-ward path.

This tunnel wasn't as bright as the last. It wasn't nearly as large either. Being a hollowheart meant taking a rather large amount of space, which is exactly what Persephone did.. Unfortunately for her she absolutely loathed being in a cramped space. She was only glad because she was the only one in here giving her free reign to curse at the room for giving her practically no head nor wing room.

Her translucent wings folded closer to her body much more than normal. A deep rumble came from her throat, reverberating throughout the caves traveling both ahead of and behind her. She crept forward rather slowly, but making enough progress. She roared in anger when she accidentally bumped her head on the ceiling, hooking one of her horns into a crevice. She pulled free and in doing so loosened some of the rocks above. Great! She'd managed to create her own very small, very short, rock slide above her own head. She let out an even deeper and louder growl than the one earlier.

Poor Persephone...usually so graceful, now the biggest klutz within the caves.She never did do well with small or exact rooms...
At least my tail hasn't struck anything...
Unfortunately for her, as she passed through the exit of the small room and into another pathway, her strong whip of a tail struck the side of the exit. A few rocks slid loose but that was nothing.
At least...
She stopped and thought. She shook her head saying never mind to herself. She had a knack for having whatever comes after those two words actually happen. She continued down her left-ward journey.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext