With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Dragons in the Desert (training/P)

Postby SpringsSong » 06/30/2010 8:37 AM

"Aye, it is, but the Greek and Roman gods far outnumber us," Nyera said as she began to stretch out a little more, doing what Fire had referred to as... what was it?  Tai chi?  Yes--as she moved about slowly, she tried her best to conjure up an image of Re'klet in her mind.  After a few moments more, she spoke again.

"Our city of Inailia was our greatest oddity.  The only way to get to it was if you took a submarine to it; it is one of our legends that the Goddess of Water from the Third Pantheon created an underwater city after the God of Fire lost control and incinerated most of our forest city, Nycisia," she said.  "It is nigh impossible for an Inailian that has lived there for more than a year to ever return to the surface cities--they adapt to less light, and filtered through water."

[18.6][8/65]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby amapup » 06/30/2010 9:36 PM

As the Drakelph listened to Nyera, she accidentally loosened the sand beneath herself. With a surprised squeak she slid down the side of the sand dune, landing in a tumble of fur and sand at the bottom. "I'm okay." she mumbled through the sand, picking herself up. She shook her fur trying to get rid of the sand. Her hat had become lopsided on her head. Great. If there was one thing the Drakelph was very particular about, it was her hat.

She stood adjusting the hat as the Paragon talked about Inailia. "An underwater city" she repeated, dusting the last bit of sand off herself with her paws. "It's amazing the people could adapt so fast."

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 996
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/14/2010 11:15 PM

"They had to," Nyera said.  "If they hadn't, then... well, then, they would have been out of a place to live.  Nysicia had become a barren wasteland until the God of the Harvest was able to breathe fertility back into it.  By that time, however, the Inailians had already adapted to their new world enough that there was no point in going back."

She frowned as she thought about Ciren.  He was one of the few born Inailians that could safely travel to both Nycisia and Hisonia, but that was because he was a freakin' God, for goodness sakes!  He had to be able to!

[18.8][9/65]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby amapup » 07/31/2010 10:14 AM

"Hm." she said thoughtfully, nodding her head. Interesting,indeed. The Drakelph turned and started clambering back up the sand dune. The sand was looser now, though, and kept crumbling under her paws. Near the top, one of her hind feet landed on something sharp. "Ow!" she cried, surprised, the pain shooting trough her foot as she slid halfway down the dune. Lifting her foot up, she saw a small bleeding cut on its sole. Great. Making a small unhappy noise, she bent down and tried to lick the blood off. Out of the coner of her eye, a pinkish glitter was showing from underneath the sand, only a half-foot away. She paused, her ears springing up curiously. Was that what had cut her?

(sorry about the absence, i was at overnight camp for two and have been busy since I got back)

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer