With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Call Me Crazy, I Was Born to Make a Mess [Private]

Postby Celtic » 07/19/2010 7:21 PM

He was here. In a desert. What happened? Why was he here? And why did he stop at a desert? A DESERT. When he was starving and thirsty. Something wasn't right here. Maybe he was dreaming again. Maybe he wasn't. But still, maybe he was.

[11.1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Call Me Crazy, I Was Born to Make a Mess [Private]

Postby Celtic » 07/20/2010 1:28 PM

But what else could he do? So Sparky just trudged on. It wasn't like there was much of a choice. He could either a, lay down and die peacefully or b, attempt to find someone who was smart enough to bring extra food. So Sparky chose the latter, wanting to live rather then die as any sensible thing would.

[11.2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/20/2010 1:29 PM

Trudging along isn't really fun. If yo udidn't know that already or if you were like wondering or something. But seriously though? All you do is like walk with a slightly sluggish step. Now if he wasn't so darn tired, Sparky would generally try to run, but eh, he didn't want to like kill himself from the exertation. Cause that would be bad considering that well, life would seriously suck if he died. Seriously though.

[11.3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:05 PM

Ugh... Trudge... trudge... trudge. It was seriously like his mind was stuck in mud. Everything was so sluggish and it was just so depressing. Not was, is! Sparky was so ready to give up it was pitiful, but maybe... If he just went a little further he could find shade... Or something like that.

[11.4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:07 PM

That was it. Sparky was done, he couldn't do this anymore. All that was left was to lay down and wait for the vultures to come snatch him up like some piece of roadkill. It wasn't a pleasent thought but really, what hope was there? None. And just like that, his eyes closed and the poor lucain dropped to the ground, passed out.

[12]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:10 PM

He was rich! He was RICH. Ororo grinned to himself as he trotted out of the cave. Totally and completely rich. It was amazing. 8D He never thought that he'd even have 100 Keystones with him at one time. Now he had 400! 8DDD Not to mention he had grabbed a map on the way out. So now he knew his way out of the desert and he had 400 KS 8D! He couldn't possibly have any threats now!

[2.1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:11 PM

His paws twitched as he fought a nightmare. Whines could be heard softly coming from his body. It was obviously not something happy going on. His eyelids flickered every now and then, but other then these small movements, anyone could probably take him for dead. Something he pretty much thought he was.

[12.1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:15 PM

He was skipping, thats right folks, skipping. Because that is totally plausible for a lucain to be doing. But eh, Ororo could manage it. A smile was on his face and nothing could ruin his day now! It could only get better right? 8D!

...Wrong. Right in his path, there was a lump of somethign. It looked like it was dead. :'( Ororo's smile faded. He didn't know what to do... Ohmaigod. Sniffle. There was a dead guy. ]: He slowly made his way to the body, only to realize that it was twitching. The brown lump was twitching. Ororo only wanted to help but bodies scared him D8; What if it tried to rob him? Or kill him? D8; Oh shiiiit. DX What now?

[2.2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:17 PM

Sparky wasn't dead, obviously, but he wasn't as awake as he normally was when he slept so the lucain didn't wake him. After all, for someone who thought themselves dead he wouldn't have believed Ororo was actuallyl there anyways. That and if he had woken up Dakkie might've come out and then.. Well he probably would have been dead then.

[12.2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/21/2010 2:18 PM

Gulping, he reached towards it with his tail, poked it and high tailed it a few feet away. D8; Please don't wake up. PLease don't wake up. Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me.

Of course with this stupid nittering his brother was doing Dakota was getting pretty fed up. The thing on the ground looked like it was dying of hunger or thirst of something. It wasn't going to kill them. God. How stupid could he be?

[2.3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/04/2010 5:45 PM

Sparky groggily pawed at the air, he didn't want to wake up. Not now, not ever. He was just going to die anyways, so why wake up to a hallucination? The lucain made a little groaning noise and finally resolved to opening his eyes a little, but quickly closed them again from the light. Well now he was awake, or would be soon anyways, so the brown lucain brought his body to an upright-ish position, scanning the area.

[12.3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/04/2010 5:47 PM

Ororo almost squealed if Dakota hadn't directed so much furious feeling his way. Ororo wasn't able to fully comprehend that the feeling was his brother, but he got the message anyways. Now his legs were quaking with fear. What if he was angry? He was definately a lot stronger then he was, and probably better at fights. The canine crouched closer to the ground, pressing against something that was at his back, probably a wall.

[2.4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/04/2010 5:53 PM

There. Sparky's languid mind slowly registered a being shaking in the corner. The thing looked scared of him, a thought that made him chuckle. He was barely able to sit upright, if the creature over there wanted to beat him up, he could very well do that.

Licking his lips, Sparky barked softly in greeting. He had never been able to get a grasp on human language, so he was restricted to the greetings of a canine nature.

[12.4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/04/2010 5:57 PM

He saw me D8; He saw me. He saw me. D: Ororo was sure of it, but now that he had seem the lucain move and slowly sit himself up, he was a little less afraid. If anything the brown one was tired or older then he would ever be. But what finally killed his fear was his greeting. He couldn't speak the human language! Ororo was extremely suprised. He had never met anyone incapable of speaking. So, to be polite, Ororo woofed back, a little timidly, it had been a while since he'd had to recall dog-speak. Simple as it was, Ororo's memory was terrible. Straightening himself out, Ororo took a few steps towards the dog, sniffing the air slightly.

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/04/2010 6:03 PM

Sparky grinned, he could tell that the other was not used to his native language at all. Why should he be anyways? He could speak the tongue everyone used. Even a canine who speaks it almost all the time forgets many of the phrases or translations as he's had to improvise to get some to understand what he was trying to convey. Right on time though, his stomach growled, complaining for the upteenth time that he needed food and drink if he were to survive. But, how would he ask the other for some? He sincerely doubted that barking the word food would do anything, he probably forgot that a long time ago. But if couldn't hurt.

A sound that sounded like a growl turned nice and given a dash of urgency was produced from his throat. It was the sound he wanted, one that was rarely translated well but he was at a loss, and that was something he needed.

[13]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items