With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

The Stars [Training, Ere and I, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/19/2010 10:52 PM

ImageImage
Naasade curled into a small ball near the edge of the desert. Her thick fur protected her form the heat. Beside her, Charge was sitting watch, as though waiting for something to happen.
[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: The Stars [Training, Ere and I, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/19/2010 10:53 PM

Night was falling. The stars twinkled in the sky, the moon hanging in a sharp crescent above the two cats. They didn’t seem to notice.
[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Naasade slept on peacefully. Her chest rose and fell. Charge seemed oblivious to her. He was more concerned with his surroundings.
[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Naasade purred and rumbled in her sleep. Charge glanced only briefly at her. She was more animal than machine, and he was more machine than animal. It was a sad existence.
[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/19/2010 10:54 PM

He had thought he was alone until he met her. Of course, she’d been born, and not raise din a lab. She had tissue on the inside, whereas he had mechanical parts. It was strange, he decided.
[5, 5/15]
(level up x 1)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Naasade lifted her head, blinking blearily about. She wasn’t sure how the two of them had come to find themselves out here. Charge glanced at her. She was hardly ever seen without Eyes.
[1]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

It was difficult to imagine her without her Clone. She was his ‘guide khimera.’ Eyes, despite his name, was blind. Charge might have hardly ever been without Tihaar, but that was nothing compared to Naasade’s bond with her master.
[2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/19/2010 10:55 PM

Naasade growled. ‘Time?’ she asked. ‘Late,’ Charge replied, shaking his fur. ‘No light.’ He spoke in simple sentences, as both he and Naasade tended to do. They were not complex enough to speak human, nor could they speak very well in general.
[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/19/2010 10:55 PM

Naasade glanced at the sky. ‘Stars,’ she said simply, and Charge followed her gaze. The two marveled at the natural beauty, although Charge had a difficult time understanding it.
[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/19/2010 10:57 PM

‘Stars?’ he questioned slowly. Naasade nodded, giving him a wry look. ‘Purpose?’ he asked again. ‘They are pretty,’ she said with a feline shrug. ‘They are nice. Too many questions.’
[5/10, 5/20]
(Level up x 2)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/19/2010 10:59 PM

Image  Image

A truck drove over the sand dunes. They were going slowly, headlights on. Inside were Ruach and Teddy.

Teddy: 31/145
Ruach: 62/195
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/19/2010 11:01 PM

Teddy glanced around as he drove. "Not much to see out here, is there?" Ruach didn't hear him, leaning against the passenger door as she dozed.

Teddy: 32/145
Ruach: 63/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/19/2010 11:02 PM

Teddy sighed. Although he wasn't much of a talker, he wasn't quite comfortable with complete silence, especially not in such an empty place. He pushed a CD into the player, and music blared from the speakers. Ruach jolted awake.

Teddy: 33/145
Ruach: 64/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/19/2010 11:03 PM

Teddy's hand shot out to turn the volume down. "Sorry," he said, looking apologetically at Ruach.

Ruach blinked, then stretched as much as she was able in the cramped cab.

Teddy: 34/145
Ruach: 65/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/19/2010 11:03 PM

"'S okay," she said. Sitting up, she looked around at the dunes. "Have we found them yet?"

"Nope."

Teddy: 35/145
Ruach: 66/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next