With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: The Stars [Training, Ere and I, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:03 AM

Naasade considered, still keeping away from the wandering hands and eyes. Charge was beside her, following her lead.
[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Humans were strange and different. They did not think in simple terms, like Khimera. Thyme did not see what was in front of their eyes.
[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Naasade stayed close to Ruach, despite her annoyance at the children and their sticky, pudgy hands. Charge did not come any closer.
[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:04 AM

‘Sleep,’ she said quietly to Ruach, nudging her hand. ‘Not safe to travel at night.’ She glanced at Charge, who twitched his ears in agreement. ‘Ruach stay. Friends stay. We stay.’
[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:04 AM

She nodded to a the truck. ‘We travel at light. We sleep here.’ Charge slowly moved over towards Ruach, but was still shy of the strangers. He stayed close to the woman and Naasade. ‘Stay,’ he agreed. ‘I will watch. Guard. Keep safe.’
[5/50 5/60]
(Level up x10)
(Charge will be going up to 58, Naasade to 63, then we can switch sections, yep~)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/20/2010 1:14 AM

Unlike Naasade, Ruach went straight to the children. She'd brought along a small bag of candy, and she passed it out freely, taking the time to say something to each child with a pat on the head or a gentle hand on the back.

Teddy busied himself with dealing with the adults.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/20/2010 1:16 AM

He'd traded with this particular tribe before. He was at a disadvantage today, though. He had to haggle with them in order to get the gas they needed.

One of the dark-skinned children tugged on Ruach's skirt, and she reached down to pick her up.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/20/2010 1:18 AM

Ruach nodded at Naasade's words. "I am a little sleepy." They hadn't planned on being out this late when they'd started, but not being able to find the tribe had thrown off their calculations.

Teddy glanced at Ruach and nodded, letting her know that he'd be fine if she went back to the truck.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/20/2010 1:19 AM

Setting the child down and divvying up the last of the candy, Ruach headed back to the truck. This they had planned for. She would sleep in the cab, and Teddy would settle into the truck bed when he had finished his dealings.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/20/2010 1:21 AM

"Goodnight, friends. Thanks for all your help," she said, then climbed into the cab and shut the door. Then she squirmed around until she'd found a position that was semi-comfortable, and began to doze off.

Teddy continued to work his magic. Maybe it was the late hour, but the elders weren't driving as hard a bargain as he'd feared. They'd have a full tank of gas in the morning, and an extra container besides.

Teddy: 80/145
Ruach: 111/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:27 AM

Naasade nodded at Ruach, dodging another hand that attempted to pet her. She did not want candy in her fur. She quickly retreated to the truck, leaving Charge beside Ruach.
[1/1]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:28 AM

Naasade curled up beneath the truck, digging a small hole in the cool sand. She would be warm enough with her fur. Charge wandered after Ruach as she headed to the truck.
[2/2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:29 AM

Naasade closed her eyes, and was soon fitfully asleep. Charge settled just outside the door, watching like a lost puppy as Ruach closed the door and settled in.
[3/3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:29 AM

Charge sniffed the wind. The night was cool. The sky was dark. He glanced at the dwindling campfires. Naasade slept fitfully.
[4/4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/20/2010 1:30 AM

The people were beginning to re-enter their tents. It was time for sleep. He waited patiently for Teddy to finish his haggling.
[5/55 3/63]
(Level up x11 -Charge-)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext