With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Across the Shifting Sands[OPEN]

Postby sectoid12 » 07/28/2010 6:43 PM

It's just another day in the Wilt'no Desert. Hot. Sandy. Lifeless. And the cacti are in full bloom. Then, abruptly, something erupts out of the dunes. When the dust clears, a menacing figure can be seen.
      Sectoid soundly dismounts Fenrakk, not even disturbing the sand as he touches the ground. He glances back at the Chimerantula, and the giant insect reluctantly follows. Sectoid approaches a blooming cactus, looks it over, then slices it in half with his spear. "What do you think, Fenrakk? Ripe enough for us?"
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 39
Donate

Re: Across the Shifting Sands

Postby sectoid12 » 07/29/2010 2:42 PM

I get back on Fenrakk, heading back to camp. When we get there, Flerper is waiting rather impatiently for us. "I'm hungry! When do we have dinner? And what are we having?", the large kuni whines. To answer her, I toss the half of cactus on the ground in front of her. We all get inside the tent, discussing where to go next.
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Across the Shifting Sands[OPEN]

Postby sectoid12 » 07/29/2010 7:24 PM

I pointed to a promising point on the map. "Dead Coast. I heard you can find pets there that look like plam trees!" Everybody was excited about this. Meanwhile, Nero and Deimos were still training a good mile or two away. I sent Fenrakk to give them a message that said they could continue training there While we went to Dead Coast. And it is not mine, but their tale that takes place ACROSS THE SHIFTING SANDS!

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 07/29/2010 7:29 PM

(Deimos's POV) I got up of the hot sand, my mind still reeling from Nero's blow. "Not bad, old friend! Looks like the war toughened you up a bit!"

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 07/29/2010 7:41 PM

(Nero's POV) "War doesn't strengthen you as much as this training does! You are more formiddable than an Imperial Voidheart!" I once again use Ray to attack, but Deimos quickly uses Elemental Manipulation to turn the sand around him into a shield! "Impressive!"

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 07/29/2010 7:51 PM

(extracting until someone posts.)

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/29/2010 8:10 PM

ImageImage

Somewhere, farther away (presumably...)

Someone might have suspected that the Scordrake was bringing back her prey. In reality, she just didn't want her friend to burn her paws.

Maggie skimmed low over the dunes, Lupe the Honeydew suspended beneath her. The two watched the horizon, looking for a shady overhang to hide beneath. The heat would still be cruel, but not as strongly so. Then, it would be something they could fight against; it would not crush them instantly.

Lupe's eyes turned as she saw a place where it looked as though someone had been uprooting or cutting at cactus. "Uh-oh," she said to Maggie. "Looks like somebody believed that old story about getting water from a cactus..."

"Idiot," Maggie chuckled darkly. "They'll get a stomachache if they do that..."

"Who do you think it was, huh?"

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 07/29/2010 8:29 PM

"You're doing pretty good, Nero!" Deimos bent down, picked up his arm, and...reattached it. Nero was dumbfounded. "GAH! Gross! How do you do that?! That's just... ew!" Edit: Gotta get off the computer now, I'll continue tommorrow.  :cry:

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/29/2010 8:33 PM

"Hey, what's that?" Maggie suddenly hovered. She seemed focused off on something in the distance.

Lupe squirmed below. "What's what? I don't have compound eyes like you do. I can't see?"

"I think I see somebody. Hold on." Maggie began to buzz toward them.

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 07/30/2010 6:50 AM

(:D BACK! Man, what a night! I thought I'd never get any sleep! -_- ) Hmmm... thought Nero, contemplating his next move. I know! I'll blind him with a minature sandstorm! If a pet with Sand Stomp can do it, I can too! I think... Nero then stomped the group as hard as he could, even jumping 12 feet in the air at times. This stirred up huge clouds of sand which could be seen miles away. To add to the noticability, Nero's gleaming hide was casting one heck of a glare. (Yes, I'm trying my hardest to get noticed by Lupe and Maggie! XD)

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/30/2010 3:58 PM

((Maggie already sees them, as noted by the "I think I see someone." The thing is, do they see Maggie? XD))

A sudden blast of sand from the direction of the figure flew in Maggie's eyes. Both she and Lupe howled in shock. "Sandstorm!" Lupe shouted. The Scordrak flew left and right, desperately seeking a place to dive away from the sand. Already, she felt the grit piling up in her wings and making it difficult to fly...

"Hold on tight!" Maggie said. "We're gonna have a rough landing!" With her eyes turned down to minimize the amount of sand, she began spiraling down, erratically descending. Neither could see where they were flying. Luckily the sand was soft and yielding! They plopped down, hearing what sounded like other voices, but they were both too sore to stand up immediately.

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 07/30/2010 4:21 PM

CRAKK!!! Nero immediantly spun around to see what made that sound. "Ah, Deimos, I think I accidently hits someone OTHER than you."

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/30/2010 4:27 PM

((How could he have hit them? They've already gotten to the ground. Remember, no godplay or powerplay.))

Groaning, Maggie and Lupe raised their heads. Where were they, exactly? Maggie stood up first, shaking the sand from her delicate wings. The two looked around. They didn't seem to be alone.

"Thanks for all rushing to our help; we REALLY appreciate it," Maggie rolled her eyes. Suddenly, there were people here Lupe didn't know. The little Honeydew, suddenly nervous, pressed closer to her more outgoing friend.

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate