With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Insufferable and Insufferable-er [P, Soriana]

Postby Mousen » 01/31/2011 8:08 PM

Deserts, Cipactli decided suddenly, he did not like. They were too hot, barren and quite frankly boring. Not only that, with the heat during the day and the almost freezing temperatures during the night the stone lion could crack. He refused point blank to be reduced to malachite rubble, it would be most humiliating, he'd already had his fair share of embarrassment with his last form, he really didn't need any more now. The sun beat down relentlessly, a solid, impenetrable wave of heat. The sand was uncomfortably warm on paws, it got in-between his toes, playing the part of a rather irritating flea. Sand was something he also did not like. It didn't occur to him that deserts were really only sun and sand, and that if one didn't like sand nor heat it was rather pointless venturing out to a desert in that first place. Foresight really wasn't Cipactli's forte.  

"Oh, I do wish you'd stop that, you know. You're being rather irritating I must say." The large stone feline muttered, apparently talking to the sky. "You'd be much more popular if you weren't quite so fierce. As it is, you're becoming more and more disliked, why in a few months people will stop talking to you altogether, you'll be really stuck then, won't you?" He shook his head slowly, his tone reproachful and fatherly. As if he was trying to discipline the sky for being so unbearably warm. Surprisingly, he was completely sane, or mostly sane anyway. He just enjoyed talking, whether that was answering Nazahuatl's near constant stream of questions or just chattering to the scorpions that occasionally mistook him for a nice rock to hide under.

He'd always been too curious for his own good, it had been what had gotten him into trouble in the first place. He just couldn't help it, Cipactli supposed that was why he'd been forced to look after the scroll. It wasn't his fault that he'd accidentally 'messed up'. Still, things had worked out for the best, even if he did have a couple others of his species out for his silvery-coloured blood. Most were just displeased with him. It really hadn't been his fault that he'd managed to get blood on the scroll, it was their fault for choosing him to guard their scroll in the first place-- it wasn't even like he volunteered or anything! Still, things had worked out for the best, for him anyway. The council had gotten the short end of the stick again, not only had they lost their most knowledgeable soul, he was actually enjoying their so called 'punishment'. Evelon was nice, it was much more interesting than what he'd been used to all those thousands of years ago.

The cloudless sky was an expanse of endless of periwinkle, while the deep golden almost orangey sand lay almost perfectly occasionally curving into a towering sand dune. It was in this barren but oddly beautiful landscape Cipactli noticed something odd-- A small glittering shape much further from the horizon than he'd originally thought. "Ah! So you're a scarab, then! I was wondering that." He exclaimed as the overly-large beetle flew around him before settling on his head. "Are you quite sure you want to be up there?" He asked it, trying to peer at it with little success. He'd so far only managed to make himself dizzy. Barely two minutes later, another large scarab decided Cipactli would make an ideal landing spot. After a moment or two, he found yet another blue-green scarab on his shoulder. In the space of barely ten minutes, there was more beetle scarab visible than Cipactli. "I do say!" He spluttered, hoping that one those six legged fiends didn't decide his mouth was an equally good place to be. "Begone!" He exclaimed, flapping a scarab covered paw.

"Ow! Don't bite! That's bad manners! How did your mother bring you up!" The scarabs appeared to have extremely sharp mouth-parts, not only that, they seemed to enjoy causing the ancient hunter pain. "I will not stand for that sort of behaviour on my left paw! Or on my right for that matter! Off!" He couldn't understand why the beetles thought he was such a good landing place, perhaps it was his colour. Nevertheless, this was intolerable. One scarab was unsettling enough, this was just plain ridiculous. The unfortunate feline braced himself and took a deep breath. In a single moment dozens of extravagant blue-green beetles rose from the stone creature. Had anyone actually been watching it would have been an amazing sight. Successfully debugged (aside from the one which he had to flick off because it kept biting his ear) the ever absent minded hunter decided he'd better try and something that involved less scarabs, as such he headed in the opposite direction in which they flew. Forgetting of course, that he was going in the direction that they had originally appeared from.

((I kinda revamped Cipactli's personality~ He's so cute now. XDDD;; -shot-))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.