With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

It's Been a While {P}

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/05/2011 11:47 PM

Nyt stared at the sparkling sand in the warm afternoon sun.

It's been a long day, a warmer voice chimed in his head. It was not his own, rather that of one from a long time ago. Nyt sighed, pushing back his dark orange hair and fidgeting in his thin t-shirt. He could feel the heat that came off his skin as the desert began to cool, the heavy hand of the sun finally sliding away, relaxing it's grip on the valley of sand.

"Too long. As always." Nyt said aloud, and started to stride towards a point in the distance his eyes seemed to focus on.

Farouk sighed. "If you want to let the spirit rest, you must ignore his presence, Nyt." said the wise Imeut, padding beside him peacefully.

Nyt's fingers traced the scarab of Farouk's that was now fused to his chest. "You have mentioned that before, Farouk."

The Imeut chuckled. "It is alright. I am here to help you, Nyt. Do not worry about things such as this. They will become habit in time for you."

Nyt let his fingers fall away from the protrusion and put a hand on Farouk's shoulders. "Thank you, friend." he said, giving the Imeut a gentle pat between the shoulder blades. The two walked in silence for a few minutes more before they arrived at a seemingly conspicuous spot to the pair. Nyt knelt down and dug his hand into the sand until his hand closed around something beneath the shifting land. He tugged hard and a platform pulled up, yawning into a hole that descended below the desert. Nyt stood and looked at Farouk.

"You first." he said, a bit of anxiety in his tone.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: It's Been a While {P}

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/05/2011 11:58 PM

Farouk blinked at Nyt. "Young king, this is not how your subjects would expect you to act."

Yes, Nyt. You mustn't show fear to your peasants. They sense fear and all of them panic. Or worse, rebel. said the past voice. Nyt frowned. "Farouk..."

Farouk's own voice invaded the king's skull. Hush, old king. Your spirit must be laid to rest.

Nyt felt the old king Nytenkatuyt's spirit fade, but his presence still radiated in the back of his mind. He looked at Farouk in desperation. "I can't continue to deny that he's there. I feel like a horrible person. He didn't deserve to die the way he did."

Farouk frowned, beginning to descend the stairs within the dark hole between them. "He died to save his city. It would be best if you made the commitment to do so as well." he said sternly as he headed down the steps, the young king following close behind.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/18/2011 9:28 PM

"I've been meaning to ask you about that," said Nyt. The Imeut's shoulders drooped.

"Yes, my king. I know your thoughts about the coronation have been troubling you. But I was hoping you would be able to push through it yourself. Obviously I have not been stern enough in my training."

Nyt stayed silent, unsure how to press forward. All he could really feel was the turmoltuous storm that was kicking up in his stomach at the thought of seeing all those people again. Those people that expected him to lead and rule over them, like he knew what he was doing...

"Are you sure I am the only one that can take up the throne? There has to be someone... someone that's been trained for this!" he said after a moment. The Imeut sat down on the cold stone floor, the shadowy room beneath the desert much cooler than one would expect. Nyt, not wanting to feel the forced change from the magics that bound the sunken temple around them, let himself slip into his Leawolf form.

Farouk shuffled his paws, looking unsure. Nyt arched an eyebrow.

"There is, isn't there?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/20/2011 2:24 AM

Farouk's eyes flashed with something, but it was too quick for Nyt to catch, as the old shaman was walking away, down the corridor, closer to Nyt's problems. Closer to his new home.

"Farouk, you must tell me if there are others!" barked Nyt, chasing after him. The shaman, while aged, was still nimble on his paws, though, and fled deep into the maze of the underground temple that guarded entrance to the city. Nyt didn't have to worry about getting lost, as Nyten's voice in his head could easily guide him back (and he knew most of the passages already from getting lost in them so much before), but the shaman wasn't an original of the the city. The soon-to-be king followed the crazy magic man, hoping not to lose him in the big maze.

It was then that he almost crashed into Farouk, who had stopped and laid on the floor.

Nyt leaped over the still body, pivoting sharply as he landed and skidding almost into the old Imeut. "Farouk?"

Farouk lifted his head and opened his eyes. "Hello, young king." he said wearily. Nyt stared around, confused. "Why...?"

Farouk shook his head and Nyt fell silent. The Imeut then looked over the Leawolf's shoulder, and Nyt followed his lead. All that was there was a brick wall.

"Oh."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/15/2011 5:49 PM

The young golden Learf trotted happily about the small town, the sun beating down on him and the sand shifting under his paw pads. He licked his lips, parched from the long day. He made his way around the others' legs (both human and pet) until he arrived at the town center's fountain. The water that flowed within was clear and clean, always being filtered and regurgitated out the top. Not only was the water sparkling, but the fountain itself was spectacular--created from lightning striking the sands (and a little help from the local mage), the glass arced and curved over the townspeople's heads and refracted spectacular light shows onto the shop walls surrounding it.

Leaning down to lap up some of the fresh water from the basin that caught the liquid below, Roland drank carefully, aware of the bustling limbs that swayed behind him and the danger they posed to a Learf who stood so near to water and could not swim. But who could blame him? Living the desert didn't really call for that life skill. It had happened to him once before--falling in--but he had been younger then, and had had his older brother Terrance with him. Terrance, a strong and able Sun Leawolf, had jumped into the water, unafraid, only hoping to rescue his little pup of a brother from the water. It wasn't as deep as it had been to Roland when he was younger--most things hadn't thought to grow up with him as he aged. If anything, it was much more embarrassing for Terrance to save his scared little brother from the shallow pool that had seemed to be a deep abyss only a year and a half ago.

"Rolly Polly's near the edge, guys!" a young female voice chirruped behind Roland. The Sun Learf quickly backed away from the fountain, knowing exactly whose voice it was.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/20/2011 8:23 PM

"Lookkat that, Err! Rolly Polly doesn't seem to remember his last escapade!" Laughed Farrah, darting out from crowd to pounce on the stone ledge barely a foot away from Roland. The Sun Learf scowled. "Hi, Farrah," he growled through gritted teeth, trying and failing to be nice to the girl who had decided his life was supposed to be a living hell.
Err laughed quietly, padding up timidly behind his friend. He was never as interested in teasing Roland as Farrah was, even though he hated him more than Farrah did. He sat and glared at Roland, choosing to stay silent for now.
(TO BE CONTINUED)

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items