With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Sand in my Fur {p}

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 12:56 AM

The air was dry. The desert was hot. Star was not cut out for this kind of thing. He thick coat and heavy metal plating made it difficult to withstand the heat. But she persisted on. She wasn’t sure what brought her here, or how she’d come to be in the desert in the first place. The sand was hot beneath her paws. it dcorched the pads.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Sand in my Fur {p}

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 12:56 AM

The wind was picking up. It brought little relief. It was harsh and grating and the sand was gritty and unappealing. It seemed to be everywhere. She was sure she’d be shaking sand from her coat for days. It was an unappealing idea.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 12:57 AM

What exactly had made her want to come here in the first place? Very good question. She’d heard something about training grounds. She wasn’t entirely certain, but she had an idea that this place would make her stronger. How strong, she couldn’t be sure.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 12:57 AM

But there were times when she was certain it was necessary. Battles, tournaments, and defending her loved ones. It was a good idea. Right? Star was starting to regret the decision. She was getting thirsty and there was no water in sight. Not that it surprised her.,

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 12:58 AM

She hadn’t seen a drop of water in hours. She wondered if the stories about finding an oasis in the desert were true. Apparently, not so much. She was sure she’d seen a few mirages that made no sense, and some that did. A monkey on a tricycle, and a soda machine were both equally unappealing.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 1:00 AM

“I can only do so much,“ she said softly as the wind buffeted her fur. The sand stung her bi-colored eyes. “I can only endure so much of this.” She wanted to turn around and march straight home. But something was holding her here. She intended to find out what.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 1:00 AM

There was something about this place. It seemed unappealing, but she couldn’t leave. She was intended to get stronger. And stronger she would be before the day was out. But she didn’t know how to go about it. How did the others do it?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 1:01 AM

How did the other Mekkayena, the others of her kind, become such devils? How did they become so feared, so revered, so strong? How? It was surely not this place. They lived in basantha. It was cold, and snowy there, a far cry from the desert.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 1:02 AM

Yet here, it was similar. The snow and sand were much alike. Their temperatures were different, but they seemed so much the same. There were no ruins, no temples here. Just the endless, vast sea of sand. It stretched as far as the eye could see. She didn’t know if it ever ended.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 1:03 AM

What was on the other side? Was there another side? Did it simply stretch on forever? She wondered if anyone else inhabited this place. Who could live in such a wasteland? Star steeled herself for a long trek. She was about to find out.
[10]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate