With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Searching for the Past [HUN and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 09/19/2011 12:59 AM

Quick Ref

The sun was just sinking over the horizon, bathing the rocky outcropping in a warm, orange hue, and swallowing up the surrounding area in shadows. Atop a particularly large outcropping, a young woman reclined silently, her body still even as the wind threatened to push her off the edge. Her vibrant red and chocolate hair leapt about in the breeze, pale blue eyes searching the horizon for something she could not see. She was clad in strange garb, and the dark kohl around her eyes made her look more exotic even than her clothes. The paleness of her eyes contrasted deeply with the dark of her tanned skin; at first glance, it was obvious she’d spent a majority of her life in the sun. her hands were strong, hard and calloused, and her body was toned and lean, pure muscle beneath rough skin. This was clearly not a woman who’d sat on a shelf her whole life. She was no stranger to hard work, and no stranger to a hard life. Looking at her, one would get the impression that she was a woman set in her ways, comfortable in her skin, and comfortable with who and where she was. But beneath that toughened outer exterior was a blank emptiness that should not have been there.

Her eyes seemed almost distant, as if caught up in some faraway memory that she was trying desperately to recall. Her lips moved, but no sound came out, and she continued to gaze listlessly off into the distance. She had no name, no home, and no memory. She had nothing. She should have been frightened, but all she could feel was a curious sense of calm washing over her as the sun slowly sank beyond the horizon. With an upward heave, she gracefully rose to her feet, marveling slightly at the ease with which she’d done so. She was always surprised at how easily things came to her: running, jumping, leaping, fighting. It was all as simple and as natural as breathing, yet, she could never understand why. That, and her ability to tap into the power flowing through her spirit. She didn’t know what it was called, only that it manifested itself in the form of monstrous strength, precise control, and a vivid, blue glow that could smash through buildings and level towns with just the flick of her pinky finger.

Dusting off her jacket, the girl leapt down from the outcropping, landing easily below with the quiet tap of her sandals. She wasn’t sure where she was (she didn’t really know where she was most days, in fact) but she decided that she might as well stick around for the night. Thus far, in her quest to find some semblance of her past, she’d been lucky enough to stumble on caves, or homes where people were kind enough to take her in. but in this place, this barren, empty, and desolate wasteland that might once have been a bustling city or factory, she could see neither caves nor homes. She silently despaired at being able to find some place comfortable to sleep as she silently picked her way among the rocks and the ancient rubble. Sighing to herself, she found a small overhang that made a makeshift cave, and decided settling down here for the night would be the best she could get. She removed her jacket, intent on using it for a blanket, and set it on the ground, before she set about finding wood to build a small fire to keep her warm and safe through the night.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Searching for the Past [HUN and I]

Postby HunnyBun » 09/20/2011 1:56 AM

(Hope you don't mind if I plop a factory into the scenery)

Looking out one of the dark, and permanently stained windows of the old soap factory that he called 'home', he noticed that the sun was beginning to set. The end of yet another unsuccessful day. But bringing with it another night he could go out and prowl without being so suspicious.
Ever since the day he had lost his life, looks, and mind, he had never been able to journey past the broken down factory walls during the sunlight. Or at least he could, if he felt like being pointed at, or making woman cry. The occasional teenage punk that wanted to mess with him just cause he looked funny. Which he would then scare off, like he always did.
He sighed, what a miserable and useless life he now lived.
Why not just go on and end it now? His 'alternate ego' asked. Oh, that's right, you think you can fix it all once you finish the skin.
He sighed again. The voice in his head always loved to poke fun at him. Giving sarcastic remarks instead of helpful tips. Yippee!
"Whatever." He growled at it.
He stood up violently, the wheelie chair he was sitting in being pushed away. He wasn't going to let the voice ruin today, like everyday. Be was going to go out and explore. Maybe find somewhere he hadn't been before. Or, if he was lucky and was at the right place at the right time, help someone in need.
Oh, like a superhero?
He grumbled, why did it torture him so?
"No, like a good citizen." He replied loudly.
He rushed over to an old, almost ready to fall apart, coat rack, and snatched the large black rain coat and large fedora that sat upon it. Putting them on, he gave one last glance at the room, making sure no machines were left on. Before disappearing out into the night air.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: Searching for the Past [HUN and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/21/2011 1:08 AM

((Reposting~ ^^))

She didn’t know how her senses were so sharp; they just were. She didn’t know her body would react automatically; it just did. The sound was distant, far away, but she could hear it clearly; it was a voice. As if of it’s own accord -- no, of it’s own accord -- her body instantly reacted. The wood that had been bundled in her arms was carefully lowered to the ground in absolute silence, not even the tell-tale ‘clack’ of the sticks hitting one another escaping the stillness of her movements. She slowly, ever so slowly, reached towards her belt, and drew a small, sharp throwing knife, holding it with a grip that was well-used and well worn, but that she didn’t recognize. Everything seemed to happy without her consent, without her knowledge, and as her muscles bunched and she crouched, ready to spring into the shadows, she spared a brief, surprised glance at her own hand, holding the deadly knife aloft and ready to slice through whomever was coming near her camp.

With a mighty leap and a burst of energy, she darted backwards behind a rather large piece of charred tin. The holes in the melted metal were just big enough for her to peek through, and she scanned the surrounding area closely, her heart racing as she expected….expected what? What was here? Who was here? Slowly, she stood from her crouch, silently berating herself for being such an idiot; she’d been alone too long. She was starting to hear voices. Grumbling under her breath, she holstered the knife and stomped back over to her pile of sticks, slinging them back up into her arms and storming back to her camp. She really needed to stop roaming around and just settle down somewhere. Who cares if she didn’t remember anything about herself? She could always invent a fake name and identity and just let people assume it was who she was. Sighing, she flopped down beside her pile of sticks, dropping them on the ground beneath the overhang.

She stared at the pile, willing it to burst into spontaneous flames, before grumbling under her breath and flopped backwards, arms and legs splayed out to her sides. “What the hell am I doing here?” she murmured to the ceiling of rocks. “This is pointless. All of it is just pointless.” She closed her eyes, willing herself to fall asleep, and wishing she could just curl into a ball and cry. ‘Tears never solve anything,’ an unfamiliar voice echoed in her mind, and her eyes snapped open as she realized that it wasn’t her own voice; someone had said that to her, somewhere, some time, a long time ago. Who was it? Why had they said that? Grimacing, she slung an arm over her eyes, despairing of ever knowing any answers to her questions, and once more willed herself to just go to sleep.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate