With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: I wish I had an angel (P, jobiehanna and I)

Postby jobiehanna » 10/23/2011 1:57 PM

Gabriel listened to Myra's story intently. It such a sad tale, he wondered what they wanted her to do, but didn't press her further. If it was that bad, then she would probably tell him when she felt comfortable. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said softly.

"Well, I'm a guardian angel," he confessed with a sigh. "I didn't used to be. I was once the guy who helped the still born kits at the breeding center get to the other side. But with the death rate so low, they assigned me to the role I have now, but with no assignment." He glanced at her, hoping she wouldn't take his story the wrong way. "So, I'm looking for my own assignment, against protocol, of course."

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/24/2011 2:11 PM

at first, there where the words 'You are friggin kidding me' almost tatooed on the forehead of the young Kuhna.She quickly came to terms that the was quite serious. She looked at him with big eyes, obviously not sue if she should believe him or declare him to be completely bonkers. She decidet to first ask some questions, tho she was a little...shaken. She actually always believed in something like Guardian angels, and she kinda, deep in her heart knew that he was telling the truth...or maybe it was just that no one would come up with that kind of story just for fun...but it was pretty surreal to her.

"wait...wait, You're saying that they did not gave you a job? why? and why did you pic the desert of all places to find someone to watch o....oh!" she did only now realize how close the carawan got, untill the headlights illuminated the scene brightly. She hurried out of the way with gabriel, and watched the vehicles intently and also a little lost in thought it seemed. It was far too loud to speak while the cars and trucks drove past them,
but when the last one was out of hearing rage, Myra looked at Gabriel with even bigger eyes, as if something
ran through her mind.

"you're not going to tell me that you are here for..." she pointed with a paw at herself, a little scared of the answer.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/24/2011 6:54 PM

Gabriel watched the emotions churning on Myra's face. He hadn't expected to be accepted without any questions asked, so he really didn't mind the question she fired at him. But as the caravan drew closer, their voices would no longer be heard. As the waited for that caravan o pass by, Gabriel thought of a way to explain himself.

Once all the vehicles were gone, he decided it was time to talk. "Well, eh, they didn't give me a job because they thought there were other matters that were more important than giving a guardian their assignment, which is stupid in my opinion," he said as he hoped back onto the road. "And, well, the desert just seemed to be calling out to me tonight. And when I saw you, I decided to investigate. That's all," he continued with a small smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/27/2011 5:18 PM

Myra listened intently. but when the first 'shock' was gone, her skepsis slowly crept back causing her to furrow her forehead slightly. "that indeed sounds like bullshit to me too...pardon my language" she commented on the issues Gabriel had to fight with at his...'work'. She seemed to relax a little bit again, but a slightly curious and somewhat mishivous glint lay in her eyes now. "you know...I dont want to step on your toes here, but you'r story sounds kinda...uh...fantastic." she smirked a little anxiously. "can you do so...i mean...have you got something to proove it?" she asked, obviously her curiosity getting the better of her.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/31/2011 5:38 PM

Ah, of course she wanted him to prove himself. Well, Gabriel wasn't sure how he could prove that he was what he said he was. All diosol could fly, so that wouldn't work. What other kinds of tricks did he know? Well, he could turn invisible and walk through things. Well, the invisible thing could work.

"Well, I could try to prove myself," he said thoughtfully. "And since you seem curious, I suppose I could give it a try," he added with a smile of his own. "It's not spectacular or anything..." Then he gathered all his energy and concentrated on blending himself in with his surroundings perfectly so that he couldn't be seen. "This 'trick', if you will, is helpful when sneaking around or needing to hide for other reasons," he said. His came from where his mouth was, but sounded like it was coming from out of nowhere.

After a few moments he decided to rematerialize. "How's that?" Myra probably thought it was just come kind of joke, but that's all he could do without using too much energy.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/10/2011 2:51 AM

Myra watched him closely, her fur somewhat standing up a little at the back of her neck when he pulled his Trick. Thing was, she was not used to anything magic arround her, like...at all. Cept for the transformation she and a lot of people could go through, from quad to human and the other way around. She looked at the 'Air'
where she assumed Gabriel to be, before looking a little more easy when he finally re-appeared.

"That was...interesting" she had to admit, her tone of voice giving away that she was a little more...surprised then she would admit. "and certainly usefull, I'd love it when I could do that" she grinned, but her eyes kept rather serious. "Well, I'm sure you have some more specific...guardian angel 'tricks' up your sleeve" she began, before adding "but I do believe you anyway, no need to proove that." She tilted her head curiously "what would interest me however: Isn't your Boss...uhm...kinda angry at you when you simply take your job in your own paws?I mean, I would do the exact same thing, but..."  

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/01/2011 11:48 AM

Gabriel chuckled. "Well, of course he is, or will be when he finds out," he said more solemnly. It was true, but he could deal with the consequences. He was so tired of sitting around just watching all day. "But I just couldn't do nothing," he added seriously. "I have this need to do something, not just sit around and be idle. And, no need to worry, I know what I'm doing, I think." He looked at Myra a little sheepishly.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/05/2011 3:38 AM

Myra had to smile at the last words of him, reflecting perfectly well how she often felt.
"Yeah I know that feeling...I cant sit arround doing nothing either. specially not when there is something to do, and they just tell you do some other minor task, that has nothing to do with ones job" she rolled her eyes
a little, obviously some more annoying memories coming up. "well, that makes two of us then...both doing something that they probably shouldn't, and yet both cant help themselves" she chuckeled sadly. They where
on their way for quite some time now, and the first signs of the village, beside the faint glow in the not so far distance, where some rail tracks crossing their path diagonally. Upon seeing them, Myra looked a little sad again. "Well I...I'll try to get out of here as soon as we reach the town. I dont really know where yet, just...away." she shot him a sideway glance, meekly asking "would you....I mean would you like to join me?"
She was not sure if he would, but she figured asking wouldn't  hurt.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/07/2011 12:56 PM

Gabriel chuckled as well. "Yes, I suppose we are similar in that sense," he said in agreement. It wasn't as if he was looking for trouble, though looking for his own assignment was a little rebellious. He sighed and glanced over at Myra. Maybe if she needed his help, he wouldn't have to look far for an assignment.

Though he had to admit he was little surprised she had asked him to join her. "Well, if you want me to," he said with a smile. He could already feel a plan forming to get out of this place, but as a guardian, it wasn't his choice to plan the trip. He was to simply observe, keep her safe and be there to talk to. "I can accompany you, for sure," he added happily.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/11/2011 7:03 PM

She sighed, sounding relived as well as a little exhausted...after all, the way they had already left behind was
quite long. She refused to rest, or even admit that she was tired untill she was sitting in a train riding to....whatever place she picked. "Thank you Gabriel" she said softly, giving him a sad, but honest smile.
All she really needed was someone to keep her company, and he really seemed very nice.

A few moments later, they reached the outscirts of the little town. Myra seemed to relax a little when they got
into reach of the warm light that came from the mixed huts and small houses. "Finally..." she sighed, jawning loudly. "Now...all we have to do is find the train station and..." The words stuck in her throat when she saw a small figure, the siluhette just too familiar with her. her cheerfull expression emidiatly went to a horryfied one.
"oh f-...duck!" she hissed lowly, when the shadowy figure turned its head towards them.

(okay, I'm not quite sure, but I was kinda thinking that Frankie, the 'pet' evergreen of the gang was sent to get her back. they could escape from him for now, but I kinda thought that at the second run in with him /hes very good at finding people/ it turns out that he actually is a nice...guy, and joins them? he cant talk, but he's a cutie^^just an idea tho)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/18/2011 3:11 PM

Gabriel went along beside Myra on the way to the small town. "You're welcome," he said softly to her thanks. As they neared the place, a glowing light began to appear in the distance, signifying that they were getting close. And as they continued, it grew larger. Gabriel was relived when he saw it, because he was growing weary of traveling through the night. Even though he wasn't your average diosol, he still needed to rest.

He looked around at the huts and housing, taking in where they were located and which way looked like the best escape route if they were ambushed or anything. He was busy observing when he heard Myra exclaim. He turned to her with a question in his eyes. "What is it?" He asked urgently. He glanced to where she was looking and spotted the figure.

((That sounds good to me. :3))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/28/2011 3:11 PM

She all but pressed herself against the floor, staring at the siluhette a few feet away from them.
"they found me already?" she whispered, half answering, half asking, her voice a little squeaky and weak. "thats...thats completely..." her eyes widened when the figure began to stalk its way towards them. She actually was not too scared by Frankie himself. It was more the feeling that Mezmer might be with him that made her fur stand up and was pressing all air out of her lungs."we have to get away from here...now." she chirped, looking around frantically, before sneaking into the opposite direction, thinking that this might would be the best way to go.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/07/2012 8:49 PM

Gabriel had no idea what Myra was talking about. Who found her? The diosol stole a glance at the figure, wondering who it was. But Myra was already darting away. Gabriel let out a small sigh, following the kuhna. All the while he was sending confusing thoughts towards the figure. It was something he had learned in his schooling that distracted the other an sometimes even caused him to forget about his target for a little while. It wasn't his strong suite or anything, so he hoped it worked.

The way they snuck was toward a more populated area. They would easily be lost in the crowd and if Gabriel's trick worked they would be home free. But as they continued to walk, Gabriel turned curious. "What was that all about?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/23/2012 8:14 AM

Myra looked paraniod over her shoulder as they dissapeared in the more or less dense crowd of people.
she was not feeling save at all, but at least they seemed to have lost their pursuer for now. She sighed and looked at Gabriel when he asked her the question she knew she would have to answer sooner or later.
"well..." she began, as they slowly made their way into the over all direction of the train station, tho Myra took her time, hoping that they would really loose Frankie. "I think I'll have to start a little earlier for that.
I already said that I ran away from my 'home'...and...i worked for a smuggler gang. that 'family' I told you about where a bunuch of gangsters. I was only their mechanic, but I felt accepted there. anyhow, yesterday something went very, very wrong and....she stopped in her scentence to sigh deeply, before continuing. "as far as I understood, there was some shooting involved, and our...uh...client was hurt. badly. so what they tried to do
was to force me to drive him out into the open desert and dump him there to die." she shuddered "I guess they where afraid he would tell his boss of this whole mess. of course I
said that I would never do that, and when they began threatening me, I lashed out at them...they locked me in a small room to 'calm down'. luckily, I managed to escape, and just ran away. In all the years nothing like that ever happened, it was...well. I cant say innocent, but...hell they never tried to kill someone" she was tearing up again, now ignoring it "at...at least not that I know..." she threw a shy sideways glance at Gabriel.
she was certain he would dump her, or at least get furious at her. After that story, it was hard to feel sympathy for her, at least that was what she thought.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/04/2012 6:16 PM

Gabriel listened intently to Mrya's story. Gabriel never thought it right to kill another being, and he was glad Myra had stood up for what she believed in. He put a comforting paw on her shoulder. "What is right isn't always easy," he said simply. He thought it sounded cliche, but definitely something a guardian would say.

He then smiled at her. "We'll just have to find you the train with the closest take-off time and get you out of here. And away from them," he said comfortingly. "I don't have any money, but I know a trick that can befuddle the ticket people," he added with a wink.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items