With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: I wish I had an angel (P, jobiehanna and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/10/2012 8:17 PM

Myra was incredibly relieved. She reallythought that he would at least be somehow...irritated, but he seemed to take it quite good. She only nodded and smiled slightly at his remark. jes...he was quite right with that. She was just happy that he was there and not abandon her.

They where at the rail station a few minutes later. Indeed, the train with the closest take off would arrive in about 7 minutes, and seemed to head to Aldrect. "hm. well thats not too bad" she said lowly, examining the
display. She looked at Gabriel, her smile a mixture between mishivous an nervous "thats good to hear...
I think the guys arround here are not too prissy with fare dodgers I'm afraid..."

a sharp whistle echoed over the small station, announcing the train that was about to roll in.

(eeeh, next one will be better, sorry^^)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/19/2012 10:05 PM

Gabriel nodded. "Okay, well, here's what we'll do. You'll go up to them and ask for two tickets, saying something about being a daughter of a big business or his boss or something, and tell him you can ride for free. He'll probably deny that, but I'll be with you, just kinda hovering there and I'll use a little trick to confuse him and let us through. And anyone else who gives us trouble I'll do the same, if that's alright with you," he said all of this in a hushed whisper so as no one would hear what he was saying. At the sound of the train whistle his ears perked up. "We'll have to hurry though," he said anxiously.

((It's okay, and mine's a little short.  :oops: ))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/28/2012 4:23 PM

She gave him a sideways glance that was almost amused. "of course I'm okay with that...
I repaired cars and gadets for criminals and almost got forced to help with murder before,
I think a little train ride for free is the latter of all evils" she whispered back, as she made her way towards the
ticket counter, throwing an anxious glance over her back when she heard the whistle.

The man on the counter stared at her with a mixture of anger and confusement.
"you'r dad is our boss you say?" re lifted an eyebrow "mr gallav never mentioned a daughter"
//not too bright, are you? giving me his name?// she thought quietly. she put her hands to her hips and
frowned angrily. "this is outrageous! if i dont catch that train I will miss the festivities of my brothers birthday!
do you really want me to tell my dad that it is your fault, mr..."she threw a quick glance at the name sign of the
guy. "...Ferrey?" tho she knew that Gabriel was there to do his...confusion trick, she still thought that a little pressure fromh her side could not hurt either...

(thought Id stop here, I was not sure if you wanted to write the rest, and what gabe exactly does^^)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/28/2012 10:02 PM

A smile played across the diosol's lips for a moment. This girl was good, but he could tell the guy wasn't fully falling for it. Then Gabriel turned his bunny face to the man. He fluttered closer to him and smiled widely, appearing as cute as possible. He was between the man and Myra so that it looked as if Mr. Ferrey was looking at Myra instead of thin air. Because, by this point, he was only visible to the man and Myra. It would look all too suspicions if Mr. Ferry were looking at nothing.

"I think it'd be a good idea to listen to her," he said as he looked into the man's eyes. "Just let her onto the train and all will be fine," Gabriel said in a soothing tone. It was a trick he had learned, although it was something he was to use as rarely as possible. It was a form of compulsion, something used to get things done. You needed direct eye contact, and it often left him tired. But it was necessary to get on the train and away.

The man's eyes seemed to mist over as he stared at Gabriel. Then the diosol ended the eye contact. Mr. Ferry then smiled at Myra, the suspicion gone from his face. "Okay, if you say so," he said.

((It's fine. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/29/2012 4:04 AM

"thank you very much, mr Ferrey" she chirped, wandering towards the train.
it was not untill they found a seat in the train where they where relatively alone, that She finally released her breath. at least that was what it seemed to to her. after closing the curtains to their cabin, she plopped down
heavily in one of the seats. she giggeled uneasily, but seemes somewhat releaved. "man i cant believe that actually worked!" she exclaimed, looking at Gabriel happily. "not that I doubted you...the situation was just...
unusual" she smirked, before adding "tho that eye thing was a little creepy." there was an other shrill whistle, and the train finally moved. maybe they really would get out of here without too much trouble. Myra was just
used to too much mishaps that she could really lean back just now...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2012 7:41 PM

Gabriel settled down beside Myra. He knew the trick would work, although he was a little nervous about the whole thing. What if someone came around to collect tickets or something? Like they did in some movies? He had never actually ridden on a train before. Were furry animals allowed? He didn't want to express his concerns with Myra, but he couldn't keep in from his face.

He chuckled at her comment, and smiled at her praise. He looked more uneasy than pleased, however. By now he knew that she would see through his smile anyway. "Yeah, well, it's just a trick of the trade," he said with a wink and a nudge. As the train moved out, he cleared his throat. "Erm, I've never ridden on a train before," he said with a small smirk to hide his uneasiness. "How does this whole thing work?" He hoped it would distract himself, but maybe Myra as well. She seemed uneasy too, maybe it would distract her.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/18/2012 5:35 PM

leaning back in her seat, Myra wished that she could use her quad form again to curl up. she was much more
confortable as her feline self the her human, but for now, she knew that there should be at least one human present should someone come and check their tickets. She still was baffeled that she held two of them in their hands, and that this all went down so smoothly. still, she saw Gabriels worried look.

"really?" she asked surprised.
"well, at some point there will be someone to check the tickets...that should not be a problem tho since we have two tickets, so I dont think they have anything they could hold against us" she looked at him, hoping to calm him down a little. she could not keep a small mishivous smile from her lips
"and well...they are pretty easily avoided should there that be needed. you can hear them loud and clear asking for the tickets of other passangers  a few minutes before they are even there...enough to change the wagon or go to the toilet..."
she shrugged "they're not too bright most of the time"

looking out of the window, she sighed "I have no idea how we will continue tho...when we're in Aldrect, I mean..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/23/2012 4:49 PM

Gabriel allowed himself another smile. Myra was pretty smart about the operations of the train. At least one of them was. "Oh, okay," he said with a chuckle. "Trick 'em." He winked at Myra, hoping to cause her to smile.

"Well, um, I'm not sure either," he said with a shrug of his own. He didn't know Aldrect very well at all. "Do you know anyone there?" He couldn't remember if she had mentioned it before. Around them the train continued to rattle down the tracks, the scenery flying by. They would be there soon, he was hoping.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/24/2012 12:55 PM

Myra grinned a little satisfied grin at his wink. to be honest, she actually was feeling a little more relaxed sinde they where on the train. it was just a habit of hers to not...let her guard down, especially not after such a seemingly close escape.

She tilted her head in thought, scanning through her memories. "nnnooyees..." she said, cringing her face slightly
when she thought of the one person she knew a little in Aldrect. "to be honest, I dont know if he will be of much
help, or make things a lot worse really..." she said laughing nervously. "but...I guess we can at least stay at his place untill we figure out how to proceed."  

unknown to them, an other passanger was riding much more illegally on their train, having found a place where it could hold on to something safe on the roof of the train, it let itself getting carried away towards aldrecht,
its thoughts circling around one thought only. to find Myra

(like i said, frankie does not actually mean harm to her, alltho he is of her former gang.

and uhm the guy she thinks about in aldrect...he would be a lot of...fun, if you are okay with them actually
crashing at his place. he's a conman who has incredibly bad luck, and is constantly on the run from some sort of trouble, and thus quite paranoid XDD)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/24/2012 8:32 PM

"Oh, um, okay," Gabriel said with a smile. "I guess we'll just have to go with what we got," he added with a little chuckle. Glanced out the window, watching the scenery fly by. "Do you know where his place is?" He assumed Myra knew, but he just wanted to double check with her, to be on the safe side. He was also hoping that this person would let them in without question.

((Okay, that's fine by me. :) I don't mind someone else coming in, I'm actually having a hard time keeping this moving with just the two of them.  :oops: He sounds like fun! :D))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/27/2012 8:32 AM

Myra nodded "yeah, at least I think so. Maybe he has an other flat by now, but I think even then he would try to keep the current one. He likes to have something on his back hand." she sighed. "I'm not gonna lie, Evan is a nice guy really. he is just an absolute failure in well...keeping people from wanting to kill him."
she shrugged. "but maybe we are lucky. he wont turn us down, I'm pretty sure about that"

the train ride was rather short indeed, or at least, it seemed so to Myra. They evaded one of the ticket checkers
once, not that they really needed to, but better safe then sorry.

Myra Stretched herself once the got out of the train, looking at Gabriel with a smile. she seemed a lot more at ease now that she brought a few miles between them and her former 'family'. She knew that they where not out of trouble, but the feeling was better.
"well, I guess we should get to his place right away. maybe we are lucky and he's still sleeping...because otherwise he most likely will be out and about"

Evan
Crunchy

everything hurt. Evan set up in his bed, groaning lowly. Well, thinking back to yesterday, he should consider himself lucky that he could feel anything at all. Ricko's gang luckily did not get a chance to mess him up too badly, since Crunchy, his 'beloved' pet, decidet to come to the rescue and caused enough confusion for him to get out of there alive. Still tho...His face and left leg did not feel too great.  
//maybe I should just lay in a lazy day...// he thought, about to just fall back into bed. the shrill ring of his
doorbell however mad him sit up straight, looking at it nervously "sh*t" he hissed. carefully he got on some clothes and made sure Crunchys room was locked for now, before he snuck closer to the door. "who is it?" he asked, sounding obviously a little afraid.

Myra pulled a face when she first could not hear anything but a low growl of something from inside the flat they where standing in front of. "hm...maybe he really is already out and about..." she started disaointed, when she heard him call through the door. "oh! Evan its me, Myra!" there was a small curse, and the clicking of 3 locks, before the door opened. In front of them stood a lanky, pale guy with red-ish blonde hair, a 5 oclock shadow and quite a few bruises in his face. "Myra? what on Evelon are you doing...." He looked at Gabriel, his face imidiatly looking a lot more nervous. "who's that?"

(hope thats okay :))

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/27/2012 11:29 PM

"Oh, okay," he Gabriel said shortly. A man who had others after him didn't seem like the right guy to go to, but what other choice did they have?

The rest of the train ride went smoothly, and was over much quicker than Gabriel had anticipated. The ticket people had to be avoided, of course, but after that it was all smooth sailing. Upon reaching the city, Gabriel followed Myra out of the train. He stretched his wings and limbs, uttering a yawn when he was done. "Okay, sounds good," he said with a smile.

He hovered beside Myra, his eyes watching the door and his ears perked. He could hear movement inside, "Oh, someone's there," he muttered before they both heard a voice call out. He smiled at Myra, glad that they weren't going to be disappointed.

Gabriel was a little surprised at Evan's appearance. He looked a little more run down than he had expected. Never the less, he smiled warmly at the man. "I'm Gabriel," he said. "A friend of Myra's," he added. He tried to be as friendly as possible.  

((It's fine. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/28/2012 4:14 AM

Evan looked at Gabriel for a short moment longer, not entirely convinced "Oh come on Ev, He helped me a lot! He has nothing bad in..." before she could finish, He nodded slightly. "alright. Come on in then" There still was a not too small portion of skepsis in his voice, but it seemed to be directed more toward the whole situation then
Gabriel alone.

They stepped into the small flat. Surprisingly, it was relatively tidy. Which could have been because there was very little enterior at all. it looked a bit like a  flat where someone either was just moving in, or about to move out. "Sorry about Evan...like I said he's a bit paranoid, but he really is a nice guy" Myra whispered  to Gabriel, as they waited a little ways down the hallway, while the man was locking the door again.

Loud scratching and growling from inside one of the locked rooms could be heard, causing Myra to edge away from it. "Uhm...what is that?" she asked, not entirely sure if she wanted to know. "oh. Dont worry about that,its just a...uh...guard dog I got recently. I'll introduce him as soon as he calms down a little." Evan scratched the back of his head, feeling a little awkward. "yeah, uhm. make yourselves at home, I'll get something to drink"
Myra set herself on one of the kitchen tables, looking around curiously "and...before we begin with the all over question of what you are doing here..." He looked at Gabriel again. not as Inquisitive as before, but still a little nervous "where did you two meet? Are you a new gang member of Sebastian's little 'family?'"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/30/2012 1:46 PM

Gabriel followed them into the apartment. He looked around as he took in the surroundings, listening to the conversation. "Oh, it's fine," he whispered back to Myra. "I'm sure he is," he added with a smile.

He cleared his throat, "Well, um, no," he said with a glance at Myra. He was unsure of how much to reveal to Evan. Maybe he should let Myra do the talking? "We met, um, in the dessert," he added with a smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/31/2012 7:01 PM

(just a short one today from me, gotta get some sleep^^'
oh, and I'm glad that you're okay and nothing too serious happened where you live)

Evan looked at Gabriel with one raised eyebrow.
"The desert? not exactly a place to...meet new friends, normally." he stated drily.
"Look Evan. He helped me. a lot. what more do you need to know?" Myra asked, angry
about his scepsis. " a lot actually. you guys come crashing in here, with no reason at all, and
I'm supposed to just buy that you randomly decidet to visit me here and found him on the way?"
"I did not say that" She growled defensively. After shooting a short look at her new friend, she sighed deeply, and told him the short version of her story, and how she met Gabriel. Evan seemed to shrink slightly in his chair as he listened to her, his expression a mixture of sympathy and a bit of fear.
"okay." he finally said, sounding tired. "But what exactly do you guys think will you acomplish by staying here...
of all places?"

(sorry, not much to work with I'm afraid :()

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext