With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

I wish I had an angel (P, jobiehanna and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/14/2011 6:22 PM

Myra

She could not believe what had happened the last days...what they asked her to do...
and what they eventually did when she refused it.
Myra already had put quite the distance between herself and the hq of the smuggler group,
but still she looked over her shoulder, nervously, before speeding up a little.
The small kuhna knew exactly where she was going. not far from where she currently was, there was a
small town. from there on, she would take whatever vehicle or mount she could get to get out of this damn desert and then...where? she did not know.After a while of trying to think as little as possible Myra could feel her confused heart grow heavy again, and she allowed herself to slow down a little.
This time, she really thought that she had found a family. She actually believed that she was valued, maybe even seen as a friend or sort of a little sister, at least by some of the group. All that changed just a few hours ago, really. She hightailed out of the hq as soon as the others where sleeping, and now she was here, wandering in the dead of the night in a god forsaken desert, alone again. She only now noticed that she had began to sob slightly, thick tears falling down her face. She tried to pull herself back together, but the betrayal she felt just sat too deep this time, then to turn her sadness into wrath, the technic she usually  used to deal with this kind of situations. So she simply plopped down, sniffeling, and cursing herself mentally for being so weak. She just needed a short break to catch her cool again, she knew that she could do this...even if it did not feel like it...

(I think she'll later tell Gabriel what exactly happened that day/night ... but that will take a while, untill he has her trust^^')
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: I wish I had an angel (P, jobiehanna and I)

Postby jobiehanna » 10/14/2011 7:01 PM

It was so hard to resist helping others out when he could sense they needed it. But he had been told not to do anything until further notice, so he had obeyed thus far. He needed a charge, someone that he could take care of, but it was taking his boss entirely too long to find him one. Now, Gabriel was always a patient diosol, but he really felt that he needed to do something, other than sit around and watch other angels do their jobs. He wanted a job too. And, he thought maybe he had one.
He had first noticed the kuhna when she had gotten out of the city limits because she was the only one out at this time of night. She seemed to be giving off a sad aura, one of loneliness and possibly betrayal. Even though Gabriel knew it was against protocol to find his own charge, but the aura called to him more than anything he had ever felt. So, the diosol had scampered out of the desert tree he had been resting in and flew after the young kuhna.
His wings barely made any sound as he followed her throughout the desert. He didn't want to bother her quite yet because she seemed lost in thought. But when she stopped to rest, Gabriel could see the tears forming in her eyes. He fluttered down next to her and put a paw on her shoulder. Then he looked up at her with his cute bunny eyes. "Is something bothering you, miss?"

((That's fine by me. :)))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/14/2011 7:30 PM

Myra almost jumped out of her skin when he touched her shoulder gently. She actually was so lost in thought that she had not notice him fluttering down next to her, let alone that he followed her for quite some time now.
She just looked at him startled, but relaxed a tad when she saw that he was a Disolo. for a moment, she thought that Mezmer or Alister had followed her.
It took her a few seconds to calm her heartbeat down, and with that, her typical attitude kicked back in.
which was sceptic, and acting tough. She wiped away a tear with the back of her paw and sniffeled, looking down at her new company, "No, I'm...I'm fine. its nothing" she lied, knowing how rediculuos this would sound with her slightly choked voice and teary eyes. But her gaze was almost challening, as if saying 'dont you dare to question my answer'. His eyes where warm and friendly tho, and despite the fact that she wanted to be alone (at least, she thought so) she did not want to mob him away. "So...who are you, huh? flying arround in the desert in the dead of night, talking to strangers?" she completely ignored the fact that this was the  exactquestion he could be asking her too.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/14/2011 10:23 PM

Gabriel could sense that the young kuhna was hiding something from him, but he let it drop. If she wanted to open up to him, then she would. Perhaps now wasn't the right time. "Well, I'm uh," he began. But then he realized that perhaps he shouldn't tell her exactly what he was yet. But he didn't want to lie to her and break trust so soon. So he decided to be vague about who he was and what he was doing in the desert.

"Well, my name is Gabriel," he began with a small smile. "And, I'm just a lonely diosol wondering the desert, looking for friends I suppose." He tilted his head and his nose twitched slightly. "May I ask what you're doing in the desert in the middle of the night?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/15/2011 3:05 AM

There was almost a hint of a smile fluttering over her features when he told her why he
was here. Looking at him, she answered. "You have an interisting idea in the best locations to pic new friends, Gabriel" She could tell, and be it only by the short hesitation at the beginning of his introduction, that he might had to hide something himself...or he was simply shy. Tho she doubted that.
She was happy that he was not poking at the issue that she was obviously hiding her problems for now,
and her eyes grew a tad softer, but had the same sceptic and alert shine to it like before.
"well fair is fair, I guess" She purred "My name's Myranda, but call me Myra. I'm just...passing through really. I'm on my way to the next town, Herdow or-whatever-its-called."
She looked at him a little unsurely. She actually thought that she would need some alonetime, but already,
she felt that the distraction was soothing her nerves.

(ugh sorry, just woke up...bad post :()

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/15/2011 2:38 PM

Gabriel shrugged. "It's not the most popular place, but I find the people with the most problems tend to come to the desert. I'm not saying you have problems or anything," he finished the last part hurriedly, hoping Myra wouldn't think he thought she had major problems or anything. "It's nice to meet you, Myra," he said with a smile. "I wasn't aware of a town further out," he added with a shrug. "Mind if I come along?" He looked up at her with a friendly smile.

He knew he may have been stepping out of line offering to come with her, but she just seemed like she could use the company. and besides, he could help her if need be. Even though his boss wouldn't approve of him helping her without his permission. It seemed like a ridiculous idea when he thought about it. Why not help someone who needed help?

((It's not bad. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/16/2011 5:53 AM

Myra only lifted one eyebrow tiredly at that first comment, but did not bother to answer back at that. after all,
he was right. she only smirked slightly "Pleasure's all mine." and after thinking for a short while, she just shrugged. "No, I don't mind at all" obviously still trying to act a little tough and uninterested, but giving him a thankfull sideways glance, while standing up and slowly began to continue on her way "Uhm...you sure you want to tag along? its quite a long way to that Town.. and I kinda...dont want to spent to much time in the open once the sun comes up...you know, the heat and all..." she said. The whole situation was a little confusing to her. Just a few minutes before, she thought she would never want to see anyone again, and in an blink of an eye, she had a travel companion, and she did not even feel the slightest urge to chase him away. She felt her stomach cramp a little when her thoughts inevitably swiveled back to her former friends. "Uhm so...have you been around here for long? because I've been coming through this part of the desert a lot lately, and never saw anyone...at all" she asked curiously.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/16/2011 12:33 PM

Gabriel nodded happily as he hopped along after the kuhna. "I'm glad to come along," he said with a smile. "I'm kind of a wonderer," he said. "A nomad, if you will," he said with a wink. She didn't need to know exactly what he was yet, but he would let her know eventually. Maybe after they got to know one another better. He wondered if she would appreciate his company and, later on, maybe protection or friendship. She seemed like she wanted to keep a tough outer shell, but Gabriel could sense something else that she didn't want to share openly with him. But he couldn't blame her, as he wasn't telling the whole truth either. "So you're from around here then?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/16/2011 6:49 PM

Myra looked at him, then sighed slightly at his question, a little bit of sadness creeping back into her eyes, which she blinked away quickly. "eh...well you could say that" she said, smirking a little half hearted. "Tho I plan on changing that...I need to get out, some..new air. seeing the world and all that jazz"  her smile grew a little more genuine. "Tho I dont have to tell you anything about that, with you being a nomad"

She couldnt quite figure the guy out yet. She had the feeling that there was more to the Disolo then the whole
normad thing. //Well, I guess we all have our little secrets to keep// Her eyes fixed on a faint glow at the horizon. looking a little sceptik, she slowed down a litte. "weird, I did not notice that we where that close to the town..." she mumbled, more to herself.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/16/2011 9:39 PM

Gabriel smiled at Myra. He wondered what had caused her to get up and leave in the dead of night. Either something was really wrong, or she just wanted to escape the heat of day. His eyes shot up at the mention of a city up ahead. The kuhna sounded confused, but Gabriel didn't know anything about the landscape here. Though he should have researched it, that would have been something a good guardian did. Well, he was still new to this, maybe next time.

He shrugged and fluttered into the sky to look ahead. "I'm not sure if it's a city," he said thoughtfully. "It doesn't seem the right size." The night sky distorted his vision a bit, but the lights seemed to small to be a city. "It kinda reminds me of vehicle lights, though I don't know why. I've been wrong before." He fluttered back to the ground with Myra and looked to her.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/17/2011 5:25 AM

Myra watched the lights while Gabriel was up in the air to investigate, her eyes sharp and concerned.
When he told her that he thought that the lights might not come from a city, her neck fur suddently rose, and
her eyes widened a bit "Vehicles?!" she asked a little too loud and hasty, her neck snapping arround, facing the lights again. Her whole body was tensing up visibly, and she began to search the area for something.

Suddently tho, she interupted her frantic search and relaxed again, even laughing a little. "ah, thats just the caravan that passes through here every now and then..." she stopped mumbling to herself, looking at her companion. If she could have blushed in her Kuhna form, she would be bright red right now. She cleared her throat, before asking drily "You wouldnt simply believe me when I claimed that I'm deadly afraid of cars, would you?" She got herself in the situation where she might would have to explain a little something...tho she was not sure she was happy about that

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/17/2011 7:44 PM

Gabriel watched Myra with a worried expression on his face. Was she really just afraid of vehicles? He doubted that, but he didn't want to push her too far. "I'm sure," he said with a wink. "Are you sure you're not afraid of the people driving them?" He asked her with a small smile.

He then looked up ahead at the traveling caravan. It was still pretty far ahead of them, so they should be able to walk on a little further before they would have to get out of the way. "Shall we continue?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/19/2011 6:09 PM

She smiled tiredly at his remark, then looked ahead to the slowly aproaching lights.
"yeah, you're right, lets roll" she said smirking. after a short time tho, she sighed heavily, a slightly troubeled expression on her face, before looking at him again "ah, to hell with it." she said "You know I...did not actually leave...uhm...voluntary so to say...or better, I'm running away" these words did not seem to sit well with the Kuhna, but she just bit her lip and continued.
"I just think you should know that I'm not the most risk free person to be around right now, and that there may or may not be some trouble sooner or later" She still did not want to tell him the whole story, but she would tell him enough if he did ask further. maybe even the whole thing...maybe.
Myra looked at him with a slight hint of anxiousness in her eyes, as if fearing that he would turn away and leave her after this sort of mini information.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/19/2011 9:55 PM

Gabriel wasn't surprised when Myra confessed she was running away. "And why did you run away?" He asked the question straightforward so as not to confuse his intentions. "And I don't mind the danger, I'm not just what I claim to be either. Everyone has their secrets," he finished with a wink.

He continued to hop along beside the kuhna as they continued their journey, the lights in the distance slowly becoming bigger as they went. The desert was very deserted beside those lights. There was a lot of had packed sand where they walked now, but all around them the sand went on for miles and miles before it reached the next town. There were rocks and cacti scattered over the landscape and some desert shrubs, but not many. The moon was almost full, so the desert was light up enough for the pair to see.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/21/2011 1:50 AM

Myra looked at him unsurely when he asked, but then decidet to tell him a little more.Telling him about what she did for a living, or better, with whom she worked, got her quite nervous.The worst thing he could do was that he could be repulsed or something and leave her...which she wouldnt like, but she would still be able to take care of herself...at least she thought so. She tried to circle the topic of the smuggler gang as good as possible tho "Well I...I kinda had to. you see I finally found some place to stay a few years ago and...thought that i was home, with the people around me truely liking me or at least giving me some respect. well, most of them.Anyhow, something happened lately, something...very bad" her eyes where watering up again, quite visibly in the bright moonlight. she blinked them away furiously tho, and continued "and they tried to make me do something that i told them from the beginning I would never do. When they tried to make me, i literally lashed out at them...they locked me away for a few hours so I could calm down, but I escaped and...well now I'm here." she sniffed slightly, feeling both relieved and at the same time horrible to tell at least part of the story."its just...I never felt so betrayed by anyone before" she added. trying to pull herself out of her self pitty, she looked at Gabriel a little suspicious. "but like you said, you are not just what you pretend to be ...
I'm quite curious..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next