With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: I wish I had an angel (P, jobiehanna and I)

Postby jobiehanna » 10/31/2012 10:01 PM

Gabriel could sense the tensions rising, and he was glad Myra had decided to tell their story, because he would have if not. And Myra told it quite well, so he left it at that.

"We just need a place to stay for a little while. An in between I guess. We're not gonna stay here forever," Gabriel said patiently. "Like, a kind of safe house, I guess?" The whole idea was a little shaky, because he wasn't entirely sure of Myra's intentions. "Until we can move on to the next town," he added.

(( Thanks. :) And it's okay. My replies have been kinda short, sorry.  :|))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/03/2012 5:17 PM

He looked at him for a short moment, before laughing loudly, and bitterly. "Oh you guys are precious.
a safehouse? here?" he giggled, before catching his cool again and letting his gaze wander between the two.
"Oh man you are serious. okay." he now looked a lot less amused, almost angry even. "I can not even take care of myself. And you think you can use this place as a hideout. Do I look like I have too little problems at the moment that I can use a runaway and her new friend who crash here, while they are hunted by her possibly murderous gang members?" Myra shrinked slightly. she did not know why, but his words somehow hurt her.
"Evan. please it will be just for a few days..." The man paced up and down now, shaking his head "Sorry kid.
But...I have enough bullshit to deal with as it is right now." he looked at them, tho Myras sad eyes made him
look away quickly again. "I can give you the adress to a good motel. you can stay there..."
Myra said nothing, and only threw Gabriel a desperate look. it was a pretty seldom thing that she did not know what to say, but now she seemed too confused and...well...almost betrayed, then to talk back.

(He will let them stay, all he needs is a bit of smoothtalking ;))
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/02/2013 11:53 AM

"But sir," Gabriel said with the cutest bunny face he could muster. "If we could stay just for a little while, we won't be much trouble." He couldn't remember the last time he had begged for something. It was quite demeaning, but if Myra felt this place was the perfect hide out, he would do anything to stay a while.

"A motel wouldn't be very safe for us," he went on to say. "We'd be easier to track, and you don't want to endanger Myra, do you?" He was totally playing on the guys soft side, if he had one. It was a petty move, and one Gabriel wasn't sure would work. "We don't need you to take care of us, just let us hang out here for a little while." He felt like he was talking in circles now.

"If it helps, I can offer, um," he cleared his throat nervously. "Compensation." He was really throwing himself out there. But what was one more rule broken?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/05/2013 5:40 PM

Evan really did not like being pushed, and his features seemed to harden even more when
Gabriel spoke up. It almost seemed as if he would stay at his statement, but maybe, just...maybe,
the bunny actually tapped some heartstrings when he mentioned to not endanger Myra. at least, he did not
look like he wanted to throw them out of the flat any second now, but rather watched them with tired resignation.

Myra nodded to Gabriels words, but shot him a slightly warning look when he made his offer.
"we really wont be any trouble...and as soon as i figure out what to do or where to go next we'll-"
Evan held up a hand to interupt her "hold your babbling for a moment there, okay? just..." he burried his face in his hands, both in disbelief and the pathetic attempt to block out the light that was falling through the window
and caused his headache to run amock. after a short moment, he looked at them both from between his fingers.
judging by the look of his gaze, he had hoped that they would just vanish.

"okay, since you are so obsessed with the idea of staying here and making things horribly complicated ...
you two can stay for a few days."  Myra beamed, first at Gabriel, then at Evan. "BUT. you are out of here at the count of three if I think that something odd is going on, or the situation gets too scetchy. and I mean that." he sighed deeply and leaned back in his chair, fixing Gabriel with his eyes now. "just out of pure curiosity. what kind of 'compensation" could you possibly offer?" it did not sound snarky, but rather really interested. Myra shot Gabriel a now very warning look //don't...just...don't// she tried to tell him.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/05/2013 8:30 PM

Gabriel was happy about Evan's permission to stay, but rather worried by the looks Myra was sending his way. He cleared his throat and offered an apologetic smile. "Well, ah, thank you," he said in a small voice. "Well, it's all rather, um, trivial now, don't you think? After all, what could a rabbit like me possibly give a human like you?" He tried to convince Evan this much, but he could feel his heart beat faster. He shouldn't have said such a thing, even if he thought it would help out. After all, he didn't know this man very well, and he'd like to think Myra did.

As a way to change the subject Gabriel asked, "So, where do we get to stay, anyway? Is there a room somewhere or something?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/07/2013 3:47 PM

Evan now seemed very interested. And if it was just for the fun of it. "well...that was what I was about to ask you" he stated plainly, seizing him up. "But I am sure we can find something you could help with," he left it at that, but his words made sure he would not so easily forget Gabriels offer. It was not so much mishivous thinking, but rather Evans practical side who pulled this into even consideration. and even if the Bunny looked like nothing, it would not have offered its help if he was not good in something, even if it now looked pretty unhappy about that descision.

Myra leaned forward nervously "yeah, I was wondering about a place to stay too" she said to aid with the diversion.
"I mean...I dont have a problem with anything, as long we can at least turn arround in that room.
Evan looked at her thoughtfully. "hm. I do have that one room that you guys can use, I think it formerly was a kid's room or something. should be large enough. we'd need to find you some sort of bed tho...or maybe the couch..." before he could end his thought, there suddently was a loud bang, and something light greengrayish darted into the room, growling loudly. Myra jumped into her kuhna form in a matter of seconds, jumoed on the table and hissed loudly, at what was now revieled to be a very angry zombones. "Crunchy! No! SIT!!" Evan snarled at his pet, but 'crunchy' only clanked its teeth and fixed Gabriel and Myra through hollow eyesockets.

(eh sorry for the mediocore post... and I'll get to our other rp this weekend, I hope^^')

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2013 6:20 PM

Gabriel was glad that Evan was letting the topic drop... for now. But he was sure it'd be brought up later, maybe when Myra wasn't present. He'd have to come up with something good. But for now he let it drop to the back of his mind.

"Yeah, er, anywhere is fine," he started to say when the zombones came crashing out. Gabriel nearly jumped out of his fur in freight. Myra seemed even more scared that he. He carefully fixed his gaze on 'Crunchy', and wondered if he should do anything. Would the zombones attack?

But he didn't want to readily use any powers in front of Evan, at least not yet. He decided on something simple, and hopefully unnoticable. He did a little mood altering, hoping it would keep the creature away from Myra. Gabriel stared intently at the zombones, sending waves of contentedness his way. Hopefully Evan wouldn't notice. But with his luck, he would. "Are you okay?" He asked Myra earnestly as he glanced away from the zombones.

((It's fine. :] And, I hope my post is alright. >.<))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/11/2013 5:11 PM

Luckily, Evan was too pre occupied with getting towards Crunchy then to notice anything as subtile as the things now going on. Crunchy, disobeying as always, at first actually tried to get up at the table, by making an attempt to jump on the chair. After that failed, he suddently seemed confused, and less angry. pacing up and down in front of the table, gritting his teeth.

Evan now was beside his 'guard dog' and grabbed his old collar, dragging him into a corner and scolding him angrily the whole time. Crunchy actually let Evan do that to him, but he still seemed...angry, and a bit perplex, as if he was not sure what was happening right now.  

Myra's fur was standing into every direction, and she was shaking slightly. As soon as the situation was cooling down a little tho, she managed a almost smile towards  Gabriel. "y..yeah that just...just got me good is all..." she said. While Evan had his back turned towards them, she mouthed 'thank you' to the bunny, before asking aloud "you...are you all right too?"

Evan came back towards the table, looking truly sorry for once. "man. sorry bout that, that little bugger is a real pain, but he can be a good 'guardian' too." he smirked wryly "when he's not currently trying to eat the guests, that is. you'll get used to them."
footsteps in the stairway of the house made the man wince, as if he was expecting something horrible to happen, but the steps went by his door and faded away. Evan relaxed a bit again. "uhm...yeah like I said, you can use the small room. for a few days it should be enough for you two..."

(I think its better if evan learns about gabes abilities a bit later?)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/01/2014 10:00 AM

"Good," Gabriel said with a nod in response to Myra. He followed Evan's motions as he took care of the zombones. He stopped sending the emotion toward Crunchy and concentrated on Myra and Evan. He felt a little tired, but nothing he couldn't handle. "Fine, just a little frazzeled," he told his companion with a smile.

The diosol looked to Evan and the now somewhat under control zombones. Maybe he'd over-reacted to the situation, but his instinct to protect Myra had been too strong to ignore. He'd have to remember to not use any sort of power unless it was necessary. What if Evan freaked out or something? What if it'd been someone else, someone who'd want to hurt Myra or himself.

He swallowed and smiled to Evan, pulling himself from his reverie. "Okay," Gabriel said in response to the other's explanation. He'd never encountered a guard dog before, and assumed one was worth keeping around, even if it wanted to eat guests. "Where is this... room?" He asked, hoping it would be okay for Myra and him.

((Good idea, I wasn't sure so... xP))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/05/2014 10:03 PM

(thats cool :) ah, unfortunally, I'll be afk for an other 10 to 12 days :( I just learned the hotel I'll be staying in from today on will only have free wifi in the lobby, and since my parents are here for my grad show, I really want to spend time with them, and try to only check for emails and stuf daily. so yeah, sorry. I'll try to reply to all our rps before I pick them up from the airport tho :()

Evan shot crunchy  one more angry look, before turning around and strolling down the floor, leading the way.
Myra nodded slightly in relief at Gabe, and then hopped from the table, still in her Kuhna form. It made her feel somewhat safer for some reason. "thanks again" she whispered quietly towards the angel. "could have turned ugly...gosh that thing just gives me the creeps..." She looked over at the Zombones, who still glared at them angrily but stayed where he was, grinding its teeth.

"here you go" Evan said, pushing the door to a small, somewhat long-ish room open for them to see. it was bare, except for an old, kind of dusty looking mattres and a camping table with a sad looking half dead potted cactus on top. There was only a small window providing the room with light. "The nearest emergency exit, aka the fire ladder, is in the room left to you." Evan paused. "you...might need it. you will have to take care of food youselves, there is almost nothing in the fridge. other then that, Me and crunchy are usually out and about during the day so i guess the flat is all yours. just..." he rubbed the back of his head "try to not get into trouble or caught or anything, okay? i have enough rubbish to deal with as it is."

Myra looked at the room. sure, it was no luxury suite, but she got kind of used to makeshift homes. this was as good as it would get apparently. looking at Gabriel, she gave a little shrug. "okay with you?" she asked carefully. just because she was fine with it did not mean he was. And with everything he did so far for her, she really felt like she should at the very least let him decide.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/11/2014 10:18 PM

The room he and Myra were taken back to was small and most definitely... lacking. The plant was a nice touch, but it added a certain abandoned quality to the place. He would sleep on the floor of course, leaving Myra the mattress. The idea of needing an emergency exit set him on edge, but otherwise the conditions were fine. He glanced at Myra, hoping the room would be enough for her. "As long as you're okay with it, I'm game," he told her with a shrug. "We won't be here long anyway," he added. What he didn't say was that he hoped they wouldn't be there long. With any luck they would have a truly safe place soon.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/13/2014 7:22 AM

Myra grinned. If she was honest, she was quite happy that Gabriel was cool with staying here. just because she was used to these type of places did not mean that everyone was. It just made things much much easier for her. "yeah, you're right" she said. He made her feel quite optimistic too, which was quite new to her.
Life so far taught her to always assume the very worst, that way you where prepared when all hell broke loose.
Before she could get too lost in thought, Evan pied up. "well. glad to be of help. now...if you dont mind, I'd like to get a bit of shuteye. I have to get some...stuff done at noon." He really looked like he would need some sleep if he was about to get anything done that day really. "Crunchy will leave you be for now, he has this...weird tendency to ignore visitors once he got used to them. oh yeah bath is...over there." he vaguale pointed down th floor. without waiting for much of a response, he shuffeled to his own room, obviously pondering just into how much trouble he just got himself.

Myra waited untill he was out of earshot, and then sighed. "wow...that was...that was close."
she looked over at Gabe, slight worry in her eyes. "I really thought he would kick us out. The guy has seen better times too..." she shrugged it of. there was more importnat Things to discus right now. "Gabriel...
please promise me you wont let him guilt talk or pressure you into anything. He's a opporturnist, he will find something you can do for him, and it will be 100% be something ugly" She sighed deeply, looking very sad all of the sudden "just be carefull around him, okay? I dont want you to get into any more trouble"
She looked at him honestly, almost looking like she was about to cry. The past few hours finally caught up to her, and she was getting quite thin skinned.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/15/2014 11:14 PM

Gabriel listened intently to Myra, wishing there was a way to ease her fears. Sure, he had never dealt with a man like Evan face to face, but surely there was something he could do. "I'll try, but if there's something... I don't know, I guess I got myself into a mess here, didn't I?" He sighed, his ears drooping. If only he could take his words back, then he would be out of the mess he created. Maybe he had jumped into things too quickly with Evan, but that didn't change his mind about helping Myra. He would keep her safe, even if it meant doing something dirty for Evan if he asked. Perhaps he could weasel himself out of it, if he was good enough with words or actions.

"Don't worry about it, I can handle it," he tried to console Myra once more. He placed a paw on her shoulder, sensing how stressed she was from the whole day. "Don't - don't cry. It'll be okay. Let's just rest now, we're safe, at least for a little while." He flexed his paw in and out, massaging the place where he'd placed his paw. Gabriel  looked at Myra with concern, and hoped that they could get a few hours or days of rest.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/18/2014 3:20 AM

Myra relaxed a little. She was still very worked up about the possibility that Gabriel could end up in a lot of trouble beacause of her. But...if she was honest, there was little they could do now. And as long as Gabriel kept his wits together around Evan...well. maybe things did not have to turn out absolutely horrible.

"you are right, I'm sorry" she said, blinking back the few stray tears. "I...I guess this whole thing really got to me more then I wanted to admit" she smiled thankfully. "okay. I would suggest we get some well deserved sleep first, and then tomorrow we figure out how to proceed. sounds good?" she asked, trying to get herself optimistic.

She of course insisted on Gabe Sharing the Matress with her, her reasoning being that if she switched to her Kuhna Form, she hardly took any place of the bed anyway. there would be little to no difference if Gabield slept on the floor or on the other end of the matress, aside from him being much more comfortable.

It was early morning when Myra woke up. She was not quite sure what exactly stirred her awake, but she assumed to be evan who was rumaging around in the flat. Yawning, she turned around and pulled her tails a little tighter around herself, clearly not willing to wake up if she did not have to.

(hm...I thought maybe I'll throw Frankie in the mix soon-ish? like I said, he is part of Myras former gang and out to search her, but he's a cutie, so he would respect her descision not to come back. he might behave a little jealous tho XD)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/05/2015 11:13 AM

Gabriel smiled, glad that Myra didn't seem so sad now. "Yes, we'll sleep first," he agreed.

Even though Myra insisted he sleep on the mattress, Gabriel still put up a good argument. In the end, he settled onto the mattress beside the girl. Her curled into his own little ball and closed his eyes after telling Myra goodnight.

It took longer for him to fall asleep, because his mind couldn't stop racing with worry. He worried about Evan, and about those who were after Myra and him now. He also worried about the fact that maybe he wasn't ready for this. Maybe he should have stayed in heaven to finish his training. He wondered if anyone noticed he was gone or missed him.

His sleep was filled with a faceless black shape chasing him and Myra down a dessert road. A voice from above threatened him and told him what a bad guardian angel he was. He awoke with a start when the thing grabbed his ankle and Myra tripped, the next on the beast's list. Sunlight was peeking in through the tiny window, and Myra stirred but still seemed asleep. Gabriel lay still to calm his racing heart and listened, hearing Evan rummaging around and Myra's breathing.

((That's okay, feel free to bring him in! c:))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items