With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Cacti Gathering {Self; past}

Postby Nurylon » 12/11/2011 7:38 PM

Nachni stood close to the borders of a small town in Wilt'no Desert; she'd come to the desert to gather various plant materials but had to stop here first. Her traveling companion was in-town at the moment- for water and to socialize and whatnot. She knew he was more 'aquatic' than most critters and understood the water bout, but did wish he didn't throw her into random social scenarios oh so often. Ah, well...
Seeping some courage down into her paws, Nachni padded down a path into the town, flattening her ears at any possible gazes- though there probabily were none as she was quite hard to see in the desert day's light. The only reason she wasn't walking through the sand or walls was, well, sand was almost impossible to travel through, and if Heikku heard that she'd been 'sneaking around in a town she was supposed to socialize with at least two people in' -these people were actually running the places they had to go to and thus Nach had absolutily no idea why Haiku made such a big deal about it- 'he'd be dissapointed in her'.
Actually it only had to do with that she was supposed to be meeting him here after being separated for some two hours(so ridiculous) but no one said it aloud and it wasn't that important anyway.

[10]
(Ooc::/Just getting the first post in now, the residence is insane and people are plotting....)
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 107
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the trajectory of the moon and sun, probably at the bottom of the ocean

Re: Cacti Gathering {Self; past}

Postby Nurylon » 09/13/2013 3:57 PM

(Ooc::/ I sort of forgot what I was doing here, but wanted to poke it anyway to see what happens/explore with it since I haven't made a single roleplayihng post since my last time here so I'm super rusty and want to practice; hope there aren't any 'necro thread' issues OTL also I'm doing maths intermittentily <3)

Nachni sat in the shade of a small building's overhanging ramata; but decided against it and sat more in the sun since she was much less visible that way, since she really wanted to have the moment to herself.  Not that it meant anything, anyway, since there didn't seem to be anyone outside at the moment.
Had she mentioned that the meeting wasn't actually planned so, more of a 'meeting'? She'd just had a little moment where wanted to check on up her travel partner, since it was a desert afterall, and unlike her with... concept-ness, Heikkinen seemed more bothered by hotter temperatures. [It was kind of silly that he wanted to come out here, she thought, but he'd insisted, and she figured she might as well get some cactus fruit and other plants along the way.]
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the trajectory of the moon and sun, probably at the bottom of the ocean

Postby Nurylon » 09/13/2013 3:57 PM

Now that she thought about it... he hadn't told her where he was going, and she didn’t know pretty much anything about the little town yet. And, while Nachni may have a way with getting information about places she could merge into and travel in, she didn't have the 'automatic knowledge' about places like Haiku seemed to have. Maybe she was wrong but it really did seem like every time they went somewhere, it basically went like this: 'Okay I have to go to x place I'm headed there now bye!' 'But you don't have a map and I haven't done anything yet...' or something. It kind of made her chuckle, really. So it looked like it was either 'walk in(as in, the walls not the doors, walking into a bunch of doors would be awkward) the buildings and check around the areas until she found one that he was in, or.. well, return to her pickings, she supposed. It would be really nice if she had a way to contact him from, well, not-in-person distance.
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/11/2014 10:07 PM

Ooc::/*comes to my thread again* *doesn't know what's happening with the second and third posts until I read them a couple times* *figures I was kind of confused and remembers that I was at my college campus when making them* I think I should neglect my semi-colon and dash obsession for a while so I can get five sentences easier yooooooo I need to level Nach love more How am I going to get from her being really skittish to her being not as like she is present day aka the store post oh god I'm totally emotionally/culturally detached too

Nachni paused for a moment, and realized that her lamenting was a bit silly at this point. Standing up and making sure to stay in the sun, she turned her gaze towards the wall nearest to her. Well, she figured, Haiku will understand if I go through walls to find him. Resolved as much as something as skittish as her was going to be, she stepped into the wall... and gently merged into it. Nachni began her scanning.
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/11/2014 10:19 PM

Information regarding the little town in Wilt'no flooded her ears as she glided (not literally) her way through the buildings' structures.
'This used to be an old newspaper printing place, before it got shut down. Now it's run down and some small creatures live in it.'
She was in the lower right corner of the town on this spot, apparently. She hadn't realized she was on the outskirts before she was in the walls.
Nachni went up.
'Horseshoes and other coverings for feet are made here. The same family had run it for about twenty years now.' Or at least, that was the shortest time, provided they hadn't moved here from somewhere else. If she really wanted to find more stories in the walls she probably could, but it wasn't too important to her at the moment.
[20]
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/11/2014 10:43 PM

This town has a pretty old basis to it. It probably has an old bar in it, too. Haiku isn't one for drinks that would affect his alertness, but he'd certainly try out something 'weird' if he found it. ....better make sure he didn't find something made with plants he shouldn't be messing with. Waving her tail from side to side, Nachni tasted the air to find either Haiku... or plenty of drinks. The latter was easy, so she made her way left and crossed a few other buildings on the way, with the intent of checking her guess more so than immediately knowing her was there.
'Scarf selling shop; maintained by an older gentlewoman sin--'
'Hat and leatherworking shop; atte--'
'An old bar, standing in its place for a long, long time.'
Or... now that she was in it, she wasn't sure she would describe it as a 'bar'. Yes it served drinks, but most of them weren't (or none of them were) alcoholic, and there wasn't a large history of fights or settlements occurring in the walls. It seemed more like.. a gathering place, where everyone went when they wanted company.
That was probably why the rest of the town was relatively empty.
She swiveled her ears to check and see if anyone was outside the spot where she was; it didn't seem so, so she went ahead and hopped out of the wall, and lightly padded her way around the building.

Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/12/2014 1:55 AM

Heikkinen confidently swung his feet, perched on a stool in the Masse e Cada, holding a glass of nopalito drink with the side of his paw. His backspines quivered excitedly as he chatted with a few acquaintances before him.
"And so I told him," with a wave of the paw not holding his drink, "that the stone landmark showing the edge of the mountains and the beginning of the crystalled caverns was actually shaped like a black ram. Well he went and found an actual black ram instead, and I don't know how he did it but to this day it just gives him the worst luck you've ever seen."
The part of the room listening to the traveler's tales roared out a coarse laughter. This merkuhna had been telling takes of those people you run into on your travels all the time he's been here (and so a couple throats were sore from laughing!). He'd ordered a full sized glass of nopalito drink when he'd come in--no one did that around these parts, normally it's just drunk in little amounts--so they'd kind of veered away from him as an awkward outsider at first--but when they realized that he was keeping it down with no trouble they were shocked and really started opening up. Now, well, it's been great.
{1}

A little concept nose poked itself into the doorway. Lightly squeaking, it gazed inside and only if you looked carefully in the glare of the light could you see a Nachni peering in. She'd been given a friendly hello by a few people sitting outside the doors of the place, but had simply given a nervous nod in reply. She was just here to find Haiku, afterall; the sun was just starting to set, and she wanted him to give her company while he could comfortably.
{22}

Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/12/2014 1:58 PM

Nachni flicked her paw towards herself to get Heikkinen's attention, and the merkuhna twitched an ear as he thought he saw something.
"Eh? What'cha see, Haiku?" requested the bartender who'd been overseeing today.
Hopping off his stool after finishing the rest of his drink: "I think my traveling partner is here. I'm going to go see what she needs; she might want me to come with her, so it's probably bye for now, you guys."
A small disappointed noise in the background.
"Ehh, the little concept? I know that you said she doesn't feel temperature at all, but are you going to be okay?" the tender gestured towards Haiku, with intent of pointing out his sea-features and, well, generally being a live creature.
Heikkinen gave a knowing wink; there was a nodded exchange and he headed out towards the door.
{23}{2}{1}
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/12/2014 2:27 PM

Nachni perked her ears up excitedly as Heikkinen made his way towards the door, and the latter couldn't help but grin at her for it. As he rounded out of the doorway, he noted Nachni pulling out a bundle of sage from the sockets on her tail, and she shoved said sage up to his mouth so he could chew it. Haiku was expecting it (the sage would help him from getting too hot while the sun set, afterall), but still had started talking anyway.
"Hey Nach, what're you doing o--uwhhwt hwere iwn he towwh, I thow--" he swallowed the sage so that he could talk clearly. "--what are you doing out here in the town, I thought you were off to go gather cacti fruit?"
A purr escaped from the draculi. "And the flats, too. I am, but I figured I'd come and get you since it was getting late. You slept today already, right?"
A nod indicated that he had, and with a little look they departed east, away from the low setting sun.
{24}{3}
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nurylon » 10/12/2014 2:55 PM

"Hey," Nachni murmured, "we're passing by a store with hats if you want to get one before we go."
Haiku grinned at her, before pulling out his leather map scroll he took everywhere and folding it into an adventuer's hat. The map had clearly been folded into this shape before,
"Got it all settled," he assured her.
Nachni kind of blinked at him, in a way that made clear she was wondering why she hadn't seen his map used like that before. It's not like they were new to traveling together, afterall.
He shrugged. "Hey, I don't know. I don't like wearing hats that much," he twirled the hat on his left tail before plopping it on Nachni's head. "They distort how sound comes to you, you know."
Nachni flinched in surprise at the sudden taste of fresh leather and the weight of the hat on her head, but recovered in a moment. She gently shook it off and carried it by the brim in her mouth. "Okay" she muffled out.
They were just exiting the edge of town again, now. Something small was watching their antics, amused.
{25}{4}{1}
Nurylon
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate