With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 03/26/2012 9:44 PM

Calamity nodded her head slowly, agreeing with Esmerelda's comment. A wry grin spread across her features as she added with chuckle, "Yep, 'nd that's sumthin' I'd pay tah see any day!" Kate loved to see a good rodeo, tussle, gunfight, or anything of sorts, and, on occasion, she was known to get into the mix of such things. The bar was starting to get rowdy. Kate could feel the tension start to rise, and it alerted her, causing her mismatched eyes to cast towards the stranger. No doubt that any time a stranger came into this town, it always caused waves, whether they meant to or not.

On top of the heavy feelings of entrapment and hopelessness he felt at the mention of no one ever finding a way out of this place, Kuroi was now beginning to feel that he was inadvertently causing tension between these town folk. His shoulders sagged, an usual sight with Kuroi. It was already apparent, with just the few minutes he'd spent here, that there were two sides to this place, and, unfortunately, Kuroi was now stuck in the middle of it all. He watched in slight surprise as the young man Ahmose exchanged dark words with the older man, Canaan. Kuroi could only watch as the scene unfolded before him. Ahmose spoke words that chilled Kuroi to the bones. "Surely, this can't be so..." Kuroi whispered under his breath, to no one in particular but himself. And, after more chilling words, Ahmose left. Kuroi could still feel the hardened feelings harbored for this town by the young man as he left.

Pulled out of his thoughts, Kuroi realized a very strange looking girl - strange compared to how most everyone else was dressed (besides himself) - speaking to him. She introduced herself as Raven Walten and gestured to the man beside her, referring to him as her father. He was a bit surprised at this - he couldn't see the family resemblance at all! Already, Kuroi was getting conflicting feelings more and more about this place. After some exchanges from what appeared to be Raven's mother - who was outside - and Raven, Kuroi gave a weak smile to the girl's mother, nodding his head once to say he understood. Kuroi seemed to be in a slight daze, but after a moment he realized he hadn't introduced himself to Raven. "Ah, it's nice to meet you. I'm Kuroi." His voice was showing signs of weakness. He'd heard far too much in a short period of time. "Please, forgive me, but... I think I need some air." Kuroi excused himself, walking slowly out of the saloon, supporting himself against a beam as he looked out into the dusty city. This was all just a dream... Wasn't it?

Though the saloon was full, it wasn't exactly busy for Vincent. Most everyone was interested in the newcomer. Vincent strolled over to where Esmerelda and Kate where, throwing the towel in his hand over his shoulder. "Seems like this boy's stirred up a bit a trouble, wouldn't ya say? Not his fault though." "Yep." Kate replied, looking out the window at the boy's figure, still leaning against one of the posts holding up the roof of the porch. "'ow long you think it's gonna take till he starts runnin' outta town, looking for a way out?" Vincent stood, staring out the window, but only replied with a shrug. "Let's not worry 'bout that. Esmerelda? You know of any place the boy kin stay? He's stuck 'ere after all."

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

Look into my eyes you'll see
The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: .: Welcome to Deadwood :. [pg-13]

Postby Mousen » 03/28/2012 4:48 PM

Ahmose stood out in the dust road, the dry air and cloudless sky giving him a little clarity. He shouldn't have said that. As if he needed to be even more vocal about the fact he wanted to get out of this place. The divide between those that wanted to leave and those that wanted to stay was only becoming more apparent. It was a little stupid to throw it in people's faces all over again. Ahmose had never been the best at keeping his opinions to himself.

As Kuroi came out of the saloon, the former traveller raised his head slightly. He didn't look like he particularly wanted to talk to anyone, no wonder considering what he'd just gotten himself into. He'd been transported into a town that looked like a set from some wild west flick.

"Sorry about that, this place gets to you, y'know? I'm not about to apologise to any of the old duffers in there." He said, motioning his thumb towards the saloon doors. "But since you're new and all." He took a couple of steps to the side, ready to walk down one of the little side streets in case anyone else walked out of the saloon. Obviously he wasn't keen the idea of having to talk to anyone else.

>> <<

"You could say that." Esmerelda gave a slight smile, adjusting taking out the bright green ostrich feather from her hair. She'd had it all these years and it still hadn't faded. "I just hope we don't have to drag him back. Once the desert starts heatin' up an' the only thing around is our town and the horizon all the way out there... To any sane person it's the town which looks to be the more appealin'." At Vincent's question he paused for a moment, clearly thinking the issue over. "Ah! Funny you should say that, Vince. Now I do believe that there's a couple o' houses out by the edge o' town that no one has lived in for awhile. I think that's where Ahmose stays, so they can't be all that derelict."

Almost absent-mindedly, she tapped her fingers on the wooden table. "It's a shame about all this, really. There ain't anythin' wrong with the place, still, I suppose all of this excitement keeps us goin'. 'Specially you, Kate. All o' this has to be right up your alley."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kitsumi » 03/30/2012 3:45 PM

Canaan sighed as he glanced towards his family - Dotti standing in the doorway and Carrie sitting on a bar-stool smirking at him. In his opinion, things would be a whole helluva lot better if strangers quit wandering into their peaceful (for the most part, at least) little town. He'd never really voice that out loud though - Canaan was opinionated, but he knew that most of the people here had 'wandered in' at some point in time. He himself hadn't, but very few others had actually been born in Deadwood. Saying something like that would be an offense to most other people in the town. Even the ones that were now considered residents of the town had come in the same way that the new kid, Kuroi had come.

Hearing Dotti clearing her throat, Canaan turned and saw that his wife was leaning against the wall slightly inside the bar, looking pale. Her breathing was a bit labored, a fact that Canaan could tell even from here. She motioned that it was time to go, and he nodded.

"Thanks for the interesting chat," Canaan said. "But I got some more work waitin' at the farm, and I don't wanna wear Dotti out. I'll be headin' back now." He plunked a bit of money on the counter to pay for his drink before standing. "See 'ya later, Vince, Esmerelda, Kate." Then he turned towards the other two who had more recently entered the saloon. He nodded at them as well, saying a brief 'see 'ya later' to both of them before heading out.

A bit of disappointment filled Raven when Kuroi left. He was the only one who was as "different" as Raven herself. She would have loved to have spoken to him for longer. But instead, he up and left. Raven figured that he, like most other people in this town who was narrow-minded like her parents, wanted nothing to do with the odd girl. Figures.

Despite these feelings, she was able to smirk at her father and mother's obvious discomfort with the situation. It was worth it, just to be able to bother them.

Her father took her arm suddenly, trying to lead her out of the bar. Raven, however, shook him off. She didn't resist walking out, though. Now that Kuroi was gone, there was little there to hold her interest. It wasn't like she had walked in just to chat, after all.

As they walked out, she spotted Kuroi standing around outside. She offered him a shy grin, showing a bit of her true personality instead of the rebellious one she used to bother her parents. She waved just a slight bit, before blushing and ducking her head. Then she followed Canaan and her mother out of town towards home.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~
{Canaan}{Dotti}{Raven}
{4}{4}{4}

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/09/2012 9:17 PM

((I'm soooo sorry for the late reply guys. D: I've been busy with school and my muse is like, dead. XP))

Becky nodded her head in acknowledgement of the stranger's name and his need for air. She didn't blame him, what with nearly everyone in town crowded into the small bar and all the talk. She wanted to get out of the town as well, but tended to keep that to herself. And she wasn't strong enough to be able to try to escape herself. The desert was too wild of a place.

Theodore was ready to leave. But he just watched everyone for now. The conversations were all over the place, really. He liked his quiet bedroom with his binoculars and bird books. He cleared his throat and nudged Becky. "I think we'd better go," he mumbled quietly.

Becky looked up at Theodore. He was right; the conversation was shifting, and she was beginning to be in the middle of nothing. She shrugged and nodded. She looked around her, then headed out the door with Theodore behind her. They pair waved good-bye to the rest of the saloon before the doors closed behind them.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/06/2012 10:30 PM

Kate nodded her head in agreement to Esmerelda, knowing all too well what the desert heat could do to a fella. She'd never experienced it herself - she had no desire to get lost in the desert - but, she'd seen a many a people try to stagger their way out of here. It almost never ended well.
With Vincent's question answered, he nodded his head, "I'll see what I kin do then." Before he could put those wheels into motion, Canaan bid his farewell while Kate went on talking to Esmerelda.  "Thanks, Mr. Canaan. See ya," Vincent replied as he picked up the money for the drinks.

Chuckling at Esmerelda's correct statement, Kate replied, "O', ya know it. Ain't nuthin' like this place! Nooooo ma'am, there ain't." Spitting in the spittoon nearby, Kate continued. "There ain't a dern thing wrong with Deadwood. Even th' pe'ple ain't wrong. They makit all tha more excitin'! Gotta have that drama, y'know?"

At this point, Kuroi did not know what to think or believe. He felt overwhelmed, and lost. Lost was an understatement. He'd been abandoned. Abandoned in some place he did not belong. Kuroi brought his hand to his head, rubbing one side of his temple at the gnawing of a headache. Helplessness was beginning to take over. Ahmose's voice reckoned him out of his oncoming headache, allowing him to focus on something else. He was a bit surprised at the apology. Dismissing it with a wave of his hand, Kuroi replied in a rather defeated tone, "It's alright... I can understand how this place would get to someone. I've only been here less than a day, and it's already gotten to me." As Kuroi finished his sentence, a few people came out of the saloon. Quickly, he stepped off the saloon steps, moving out of their way, watching them with careful, blank eyes. He almost missed the girl Raven, but her smile caught him. She made a little timid wave at him, and Kuroi tilted his head slightly, wondering if she was actually waving at him. Not wanting to be rude, Kuroi feigned a light smile and lifted his hand to wave back. But, before he knew it, the girl ducked away. The encounter was short, but at least the interaction was something other than being stared at and shunned. In fact, he was glad.

With a sigh, he turned back to Ahmose, thinking on what had been said earlier. He knew he could sense the feeling of dislike here from Ahmose. "I don't mean to pry, but... exactly how long have you been here? In Deadwood, I mean." Kuroi was trying to be careful, as he did not want to step on anyone's toes. But, at the same time, he was trying to learn what he could about this place.

((I apologize for my very late reply... I have had to endure horrible school for the past month with getting ready for exams and what not. Tuesday I am officially out of school for the summer, and therefore I should be able to post a lot more often ;3 Again, my apologies >.<;
Also, if everyone has a kinda feel for the character and everything, would anyone like to split off and interact with other characters? If so, just post in the old Deadwood plot thread, and we can kinda get things together =3))
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Previous