With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Training (p)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:24 PM

Her skin would be red if she didn’t get out of here soon. She would peel. It would hurt and be awful. She could almost feel it now. She shuddered. It sounded bad.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:26 PM

The sun scorched. She wanted to leave. This sucked a lot. She wished she’d brought a canteen. Or sunscreen.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:27 PM

Maybe she’d stop by the general store on her way home. It had stuff she needed. She’d have to stock up. Maybe try again. It sounded like a good idea.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:29 PM

She was full of bad ideas, though. This was one. John had warned her. He’d said it was bad. He’d said it was risky. Yea, he was right.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:29 PM

This was risky. What if she never made it home? What if she got lost? What if she died out here? So many what-ifs. She almost couldn’t take it.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:30 PM

John was right. She was taking a gamble. It was a huge risk. But maybe it’d be worth it. Only if she found the gold, though. That sounded like it was worth it.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:30 PM

The sun scorched her body. She felt like giving up. She wanted to go home. She felt like she needed a nice long bath. Or a cool shower.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:31 PM

Or a swimming pool. Any of those sounded good. She wished she’d at least had a water bottle. A wet rag. This heat was intense!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

And stupid! Maybe if she’d just turned around, this wouldn’t be happening. But that gold was promising. She looked up. Was that a glint of something in the sand?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

And stupid! Maybe if she’d just turned around, this wouldn’t be happening. But that gold was promising. She looked up. Was that a glint of something in the sand?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:32 PM

Maybe. Maybe she could find out what. She turned. Slowly, she headed towards it. She wondered what it was. It looked promising.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:33 PM

Something interesting, perhaps? She wondered as she drew closer. The sun was bright in the sky. It was nearly noon. She knew it would only get hotter.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:33 PM

Maybe it'd be colder when it got dark. That sounded nice. She wished it was dark now. But if it was, she wouldn’t have spotted this. She drew nearer. It started taking shape.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:34 PM

It looked like a chest of some sort. What was inside? Could this be the gold? Was it really that easy? It didn’t feel easy.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2012 9:35 PM

The heat wasn’t making it easy. She reached the chest. Yes, it was a treasure chest. How cliché. She wasn’t sure if she even wanted it now. How silly.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext