With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Slot 2: Millie and Pickle (Wilt'no Desert)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/07/2012 1:34 AM

Oh dear. Katharina hadn’t necessarily anticipated this much heat when she signed herself up for the Wilt’no slot. She also hadn’t anticipated getting stuck with a teenager, of all things, as her partner. But needs must, she supposed. It wasn’t as though she had much of a choice in the matter. She clicked her tongue, waving her serrated tail as the sharpened fins on her back glinted in the sun. This heat just would not do. “Come along dear. Don’t dawdle. It isn’t proper or ladylike to dawdle,” she informed the teenager behind her coolly. “Now step lightly. The sooner we find those eggs, the sooner we get out of this dreadful sun.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 12:24 PM

Beatrix huffed angrily and followed, hardly trying to conceal her discontent.  When her sister had mentioned this event and slightly caught her interest, she had said it was too difficult for someone as young as Beatrix.  This, of course, only caused her to get angry and invoke a fight which was never agreed to by her peace-loving sister, and they finally decided that she'd be able to go.  It didn't stop them from making bets, though.  Even her always quiet brother joined in, teasing her that she wouldn't be able to last five minutes in the Wilt'no Desert without loosing her cool and fighting with her partner.  
Already, her earlier confidence was waning as she trudged along through the sand and hot sun.  This isn't going to be easy... She thought to herself as she let out another puff of breath.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: Slot 2: Millie and Pickle (Wilt'no Desert)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/07/2012 4:28 PM

Katharina didn’t see any eggs. She didn’t see anything but sand for miles. Had that little ruffian Cuniflare lied when he said there was eggs? He better not have. Ladies didn’t fight, but they could certainly teach lessons that wouldn’t soon be forgotten. Speaking of ladies and what she currently was not traveling with…Katharina turned to look over her shoulder, silently berating the sun (because ladies didn’t curse) for being so hot. “Come now. Do you see anything? And stop scowling. It isn’t ladylike to scowl.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 6:42 PM

Ladylike.  Beatrix only scowled deeper as that word reached her ears.  She was obviously quite the opposite of ladylike, and to try to convince or teach her to be so was only a wasted effort.  Briefly looking around, she sarcastically replied, "Oh look, I do see something...  Sand."
After saying this, she mentally scolded herself for already loosing footing in the bets placed between her and her siblings.  They had dared- yes, dared- her to be nice...  but she never shied away from a dare.
Squinting and taking a closer look at the scenery, she did notice something glinting in the sand not too far away.  
"...and that." she added to her previous statement, pointing at the annoyingly bright object that could very well be an egg.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/07/2012 8:49 PM

“Come, come now, my dear,” Katharina replied with a sniff. “Sarcasm doesn’t become a young lady like yourself. You should really learn to hold your tongue; it isn’t proper for young ladies to speak in such a manner.” She waved her tail dismissively, obviously not bothered too much by the Kuhna’s attitude. Katharina followed Beatrix’s indication and spied what looked like an egg. “Well, what are you waiting for, dear? Go and pull it out. And do try not to get sand all over yourself; getting your paws dirty certainly isn’t ladylike.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 10:29 PM

Staying quiet but rolling her eyes, Beatrix quickly made her way over to the egg and snatched it up, placing it in a basket that her sister, Juniper, had given her.  It was decorated, much to her disgust, with brightly colored ribbons and flowers.  Certainly not the kind of things she enjoyed.
Being the rude girl she was, she made a point to 'trip' and roll around in the sand a few times before walking back to where Katharina was.  She would try to hold her tongue as best she could, but that didn't stop her from doing annoying things.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/07/2012 10:39 PM

Katharina held back a very unladylike snort of disgust. “Oh, my dear, I am so sorry for you. You will never find a nice husband or have a family with such unbecoming manners. Unless you learn to behave properly, you’ll most likely end up an unwanted hermit.” She ‘tsked’ in disappointment, shaking her head as she looked down on the Kuhna. “Since you’ve already managed to get yourself so filthy, why don’t you check over there?” She pointed to some rock outcroppings that stood out of the sand. “And do try not to dawdle. It isn’t ladylike.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 10:52 PM

Beatrix, surprisingly, was able to hold back the line of very unladylike insults she picked up around one of her uncle's friends.  Instead she nodded angrily and stomped off in the direction of the rocks.  Normally, she would do everything opposite of what anyone ordered, but at the moment she didn't think she'd be able to stand listening to that woman give any more etiquette suggestions.  With her competitive nature, she wasn't ready to lose any bets quite yet.  She quickly climbed over the rocks, poking around here and there and kicking some smaller rocks away.  It helped to be a bit of a stress reliever, and proved to be even more progressive when she uncovered a rather dull colored egg hidden behind a few small stones.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/07/2012 11:12 PM

“Oh good!” Katharina’s voice called from below as she watched the Kuhna scramble over the rocks. “How lovely! Another egg! You may not be very good at being a lady, but you’re certainly good at finding things. I don’t think that will help you raise a family, but we all have our uses.” She carefully picked her way through the rocks, until she came to a pool hidden within their depths. “Oh, my. It looks as though there’s an egg down there.” She gestured to the depths of the pool with her tail. “Would you mind getting it dear? It won’t be very becoming if I manage to get my scales wet. How dreadful.”

(Kitty's...such a jerk. XD)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 11:30 PM

Beatrix quickly scooped up the egg and placed it in her gaudy basket, but hesitated before heading over to that... woman.  After hearing her speak, Beatrix almost snapped the handle to the basket as she bit down to prevent saying something she'd regret.  Not that she really had any regrets... she just didn't want to lose her egg profits to her siblings.  After thinking for a moment, she decided that, again, she would do what Katharina told her to do.  
Only because you want to!  It's so hot outside, and cooling off in the water will be nice.  This 'lady' is just missing out. She reasoned with herself.  Beatrix then set down the basket, cast a dark glare directed to Katharina, took a deep breath, and jumped in the water.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/07/2012 11:36 PM

Katharina watched disinterestedly from the edge of the pool. “Don’t drown dear, that would be unsightly!” she called in after her, before she glanced around and spotted the basket. She smiled with delight; oh, what a lovely, femininely decorated little basket for the eggs! Perhaps she had misjudged the tacky little Kuhna. She nudged it with her foot, peering down at the eggs. “Such gaudy colors,” she remarked with a haughty sniff. “I would’ve chosen something far more understated.” Making a ‘hmph’ sound, she turned and delicately walked again around the edge of the pool. “Have you gotten it yet, dear?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 11:56 PM

After jumping in the refreshing water, Beatrix had to blink a few times for her eyes to adjust.  However, even then her vision was blurry.  Goggles would've been useful, but also a seemingly senseless item to bring to a dessert.  Even without them, she was able to find the egg and make it back to the surface before running out of breath.  Luckily, the water was shallow and the whole trip didn't take her long.  
Once clawing her way back on land, she spit the egg onto the rocks and took a few deep breaths.  Glancing over at the paragon lady and seeing that she was close by, an evil grin crept onto her face as a horribly rude idea came to mind.  Once again holding her breath, she shook off the water dripping from her fur, smiling wider as she saw that it splashed an appreciable distance.  
"Oops, sorry, I didn't notice you were so close~" She said with an almost sing-song voice as she placed the egg in the basket and picked the basket up in her mouth.

(Beatrix can be a jerk, too. XD)

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/08/2012 12:01 AM

Katharina gave the Kuhna a disapproving glance. “Oh, my dear. You look like a horrible drowned rat. How unladylike. I am so sorry for your unfortunate affliction. Ugliness is quite the curse, really. But we do what we can with what we have.” She sniffed haughtily, scraping the water from her scales with a delicate claw. “Now hurry along, dear. We must’ve waste time. Your dawdling is most unbecoming. Follow me~” She turned and squeezed through the rocks, making it out of the outcroppings and finding that they’d come to a veritable oasis within the desert, complete with the cliché palm trees and everything.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/08/2012 12:25 AM

Beatrix clenched her jaw on the basket handle again, aggravated that this woman just didn't seem to get angry... and not to mention that horrible insult that almost caused her to snap.  Attacking this woman would only give her so much satisfaction, though.  If she did so, she would have to confront her siblings and pay up when the event ended.  Humiliation like that around those she was stuck living with would be worse than the torture of being stuck with this woman for a little bit, or so she told herself.  Just until the event was over, that would be as long as she had to wait.  With a goal of finding an impressive amount of eggs, Beatrix thought she'd hopefully have enough of a distraction, although that didn't seem to be doing much for her at the moment.  She had such a horrible temper, and was impressed with herself for keeping somewhat calm so far.  Relaxing her jaw so the basket wouldn't break, she reluctantly stomped behind Katharina and into the oasis.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/08/2012 12:51 AM

“Hurry along. Pick up your feet. Shuffling isn’t becoming of a young lady,” Katharina called over her shoulder. She lifted her head, gazing up into the palm trees. A flash of gaudy pink caught her eyes. “Now, why don’t you try up there? I’m sure you can manage to climb a bit, can’t you? No matter how unbecoming it is.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next