With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Remedy » 04/08/2012 10:36 AM

Beatrix followed Katharina's gaze to the palm tree and stared blankly at the egg for a moment.  By now she had almost given up and just stormed off on her own, too annoyed to spend any more time here.  However, she didn't think that would be very progressive as the oasis wasn't that large and to wander away from it and into the dessert would be pointless.  Sighing, she set down the basket, grumbled out the word 'fine,' and clawed her way up the tree as quickly as she could.  All the way up she muttered things under her breath like 'why do I have to do all the work?' and 'of course she can't, the tree would snap under her weight...'
The climb proved to be slightly difficult, as her wings didn't help her very much and merely fluttered uselessly.  Her claws also kept slipping, but she finally made it to the top of the tree and retrieved the egg before preparing for her descent.  It wasn't really that far down, and with her cat-like abilities she could have jumped, but she just didn't feel like it.  It's not like she was scared of heights or anything...

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: Slot 2: Millie and Pickle (Wilt'no Desert)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/08/2012 7:41 PM

“Grumbling is quite unbecoming, dear,” Katharina called up after the Kuhna as she scrambled up the tree. “And do try not to fall. I don’t want to have to carry you back. Your fur looks filthy.” Katharina didn’t stick around once Beatrix had gotten to the top. She instead turned and took the basket up in one of her claws. “I shall carry this, dear. It’s much too pretty for you to drag around in the dirt.” She tromped off (delicately, of course) and stopped near the watery oasis. Near the reeds, she could see several pale colored eggs floating about. “when you’re done there, dear, you can come and collect these eggs too.”

(I don’t even know if she’s lazy or if she just doesn’t want to get dirty XD)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/08/2012 7:57 PM

Beatrix finally made it all the way back down the tree, taking a moment to hug the earth when she reached the bottom.  She then stood up and shook off again, sending specks of wet sand that had stuck to her damp fur flying.  Once she was steady on her feet- which didn't take long, as the only reason she was unsteady was because of the change in altitude and not because of fear or anything- she stomped her way over to where Katharina was.  At least that woman had done one good thing in offering to carry the basket.  Now Beatrix didn't have to lug it around with the added weight of the eggs.  However, without some kind of gag in her mouth, it became apparent that it would be harder for her to hold her tongue.  Wasting no time for commenting, she gave the egg that she had retrieved from the tree to Katharina and waded through the refreshing water after the other eggs.  Beatrix was beginning to mind doing the work less and less as she realized that keeping herself physically busy in some way distracted her from wanting to claw a specific someone's brains out.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/09/2012 12:22 AM

Katharina ‘tsked.’ “Such a ragamuffin of a child,” she chided. “Perhaps after this I’ll teach you how to be a lady. I’m certain you could do with a few lessons in poise and etiquette. You seem rather lacking in those departments, dear.” She ventured away from the Kuhna, gliding around the small spit of land that the oasis occupied. When she reached a small outcropping of rocks, she peered over the edge. “Oh dear. How ever shall we get down?” she commented to no one in particular. Indeed, there was a rather large drop below that led to another side of the oasis. “I suppose I could climb., But it’s so unladylike.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/09/2012 12:52 AM

Beatrix returned to dry land after taking a couple of trips to gather the eggs from the water.  They weren't that far out, but there were several eggs and she could only carry one or who in her mouth at a time.  Once all were retrieved, she shook off again, although the water had only been deep enough to cover most of the way up her legs.  When she was done, she realized that the woman had wandered off, and with the basket, too!  Annoyed, she left the eggs where they were by the water so she could retrieve her basket to place them in.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/10/2012 9:39 PM

Katharina promptly ignored the Kuhna, walking straight past her to collect the eggs herself. “Oh my, such gaudy colors. Whomever was choosing the dyes in this case was certainly quite ignorant of the word ‘complimentary.’ Whoever heard of a red egg with yellow spots? Honestly.” Still, she gathered the eggs anyways, and daintily tromped back over to the edge of the gorge. “So dear, can you climb? I don’t think it’s very ladylike, but I don’t see any other way down. I’m sure those grubby little paws of yours will be good at getting down these rocks.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/10/2012 9:44 PM

Could she climb?  Beatrix almost laughed at the question, and would have, had she not been so annoyed.  She was a young, not-lady.  Of course she could climb!  As a kid, it had been a brilliantly fun activity to climb trees.  She had just climbed one earlier, and despite her lack of experience in rock-climbing, surely it couldn't be much different.  Taking the woman's question as a challenge, she nodded determinedly and got right to it.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/10/2012 9:49 PM

Katharina would’ve rolled her eyes, had it not been considered unladylike to do so. As it was, she carefully placed the basket around her neck, grimacing at the thought that it might get dirt on her lovely scales. She set her claws to the rock. Despite her ‘ladylike tendencies’ she was still a rock beak, after all, and climbing the rocks, despite her lack of wings, was still naturally ingrained. No matter how vulgar it was. Sighing heavily, she began to trek down to the bottom, not bothering to try and help her Kuhna companion. “Don’t dawdle, dear. We’re almost to the bottom. Then you can get back to work rooting through the dirt for more eggs. You do seem quite good at it, no matter how uncouth it is.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/10/2012 10:03 PM

Beatrix was about to make a retort saying that she was obviously an expert in climbing and wasn't in any way dawdling, but the moment she opened her mouth to speak, she lost concentration on her hold on the rocks and almost fell.  Staying quiet, as was her usual solution, she focused on reaching the bottom, slipping here and there.  Rock climbing was certainly not as easy as she had anticipated, not that she would ever admit it... no matter how obvious it was.  Her frustration increased every time she tried to use her sharp claws to grab hold of the rock.  She slipped every time she tried, and unfortunately it also resulted in filing her claws until they were much too dull for her liking.  She much preferred climbing trees, where her nails would actually sink in to something and not break off uselessly.  She was very relieved to finally reach the bottom, but disappointed to find that her claws were now unusable to effectively scratch anything (or anyone) and do any real damage.  She would have to resharpen them later.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/10/2012 10:41 PM

Katharina reached the bottom and carefully climbed back down onto solid ground. “Ah, this place is rather lovely,” she commented, eyeing the lush vegetation that looked ridiculously out of place in the barren desert. “Come, come now, dear.” She turned to glance over her shoulder, removing the basket from her neck with a look of abject distaste. “Time to get looking again. We won’t get anywhere with you just standing there with your mouth hanging open. So unladylike.” She shook her head, sadly lamenting this poor girl’s lack of refinery.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/10/2012 10:59 PM

Beatrix, once at the bottom, stopped to take a look around.  There certainly were plenty of places here to hide eggs, and she was confident that she could find many.  Almost immediately, she spotted a larger, easy to find egg resting at the base of a large plant.  She wasted no time in going to pick it up, her mind wandering to all of the other obvious places she should check for eggs.  She was actually beginning to have a bit of fun- not that she would admit it in the presence of this lady.  Just to be annoying and to hide her small, newly found enjoyment in this egg hunt, she set her usual scowl in her face as she dropped the egg out of her mouth and into the basket.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/10/2012 11:12 PM

“Ladies should not scowl, my dear,” Katharina chided, setting the basket down for the Kuhna to reach easier. She spotted a drab-colored egg sitting near the edge of a low palm frond, and she reached out to delicately take it in her claws. She inspected it critically. “How droll. How much longer must we be out here?” She set the egg in the basket, wondering if there was anything inside of them.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/11/2012 8:08 AM

Beatrix was beginning to wonder how much longer they'd be here as well.  Hopefully, that bunny guy would have some way of letting them know.  She didn't recall seeing any other portals around here, but perhaps one would open up or something.  Not wasting too much time pondering about that, she was already headed towards another plant that looked as though it may have an egg or two hidden among its leaves.  It was sad to think the event might end soon when she was beginning to have fun, but it was also a relief since she still didn't want to stay here longer than needed.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous